Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #71
Z/Camaro

Drives: C8 and 280z/280zx/300zx
going through a similar situation with my 2010 370z NISMO. Was in a front end collision back in November. Still don't have the car back. Thought for sure it was totaled. The insurance company said damage done had to exceed 65% of the value of the car. The valued the car at 32k and said damages were at 18500. So it's being fixed. Here are crap parts about the problem. First of all, damages were actually closer to 22k but insurance companies don't pay the body shop hourly rates or paint rate. So after reduced rates the damages dropped. Had the rates stayed where they were the car would have totaled. Secondly, they valued my car at 32k which would have been great if the car was totaled but the reality of it is that the car would only fetch 26-28k for trade in. Maybe a hair more on private sale. But now that it's in an accident the value is even less. Not to mention due to the extent of the damages it's now been two months and I still don't have my car. I'm personally selling it for whatever I can the moment I get it back because as others have mentioned it will never be the same. Now I'm on the hunt for a slightly used Corvette grand sport or going to put an order in for a 1LE to match my fiances

So my advice is beg your adjuster to total the car. Beg the body shop to do the same. Ask for only GM parts if your insurance lets you. Hopefully yours is totaled but being so new and a car that there aren't many of around the value will be high. Good luck and hope it all works out for you
Z/Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #72
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/Camaro View Post
going through a similar situation with my 2010 370z NISMO. Was in a front end collision back in November. Still don't have the car back. Thought for sure it was totaled. The insurance company said damage done had to exceed 65% of the value of the car. The valued the car at 32k and said damages were at 18500. So it's being fixed. Here are crap parts about the problem. First of all, damages were actually closer to 22k but insurance companies don't pay the body shop hourly rates or paint rate. So after reduced rates the damages dropped. Had the rates stayed where they were the car would have totaled. Secondly, they valued my car at 32k which would have been great if the car was totaled but the reality of it is that the car would only fetch 26-28k for trade in. Maybe a hair more on private sale. But now that it's in an accident the value is even less. Not to mention due to the extent of the damages it's now been two months and I still don't have my car. I'm personally selling it for whatever I can the moment I get it back because as others have mentioned it will never be the same. Now I'm on the hunt for a slightly used Corvette grand sport or going to put an order in for a 1LE to match my fiances

So my advice is beg your adjuster to total the car. Beg the body shop to do the same. Ask for only GM parts if your insurance lets you. Hopefully yours is totaled but being so new and a car that there aren't many of around the value will be high. Good luck and hope it all works out for you
How bad was your accident compared to mine? Air bags? Pics?

Are you I a. State that recognizes diminished value?
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #73
Msmall143

Updat

Inspector called me this morning and said he estimated repairs at 18k. Typically this wouldn't be a total loss. But he did say he is wanting to find a way to total it.

He is going to reach out to his poc's within the auction community to see what the car would fetch as it sits.

If he has estimates from 12-20k he can total the car.

He valued car at 35-36k. What do you think this car fetches at auction as it sits?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #74
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
I would say easily over 10,000. Engine and trans easily that.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #75
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Glad your ok...
I see a 2014 1LE in your future if you can swing it
Good luck man!
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #76
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Updat

Inspector called me this morning and said he estimated repairs at 18k. Typically this wouldn't be a total loss. But he did say he is wanting to find a way to total it.

He is going to reach out to his poc's within the auction community to see what the car would fetch as it sits.

If he has estimates from 12-20k he can total the car.

He valued car at 35-36k. What do you think this car fetches at auction as it sits?
I provide a towing service for auction cars and co parts IAA etc. Depending who is bidding....but since all but 1 bag blew and the offset front hit I'd guesstimate 9500-10k.

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #77
Z/Camaro

Drives: C8 and 280z/280zx/300zx
Quote:
How bad was your accident compared to mine? Air bags? Pics?

Are you I a. State that recognizes diminished value?

Mine didn't seem as bad as yours. As I was the only person in the car the only airbag was the driver front airbag. The thing about parts on my car is that they are expensive. Just a single headlight is about 1k. The front bumper is a little over 1k. ETC. So costs add up quick. Basically on my car I needed a new bumper, both fenders, headlights, radiator, radiator support, radiator reservoir, exterior a-piller, hood, steering wheel with airbag, interior panel where the seat belt is (cracked from impact), and then a bunch of misc pieces behind the bumper and radiator support.

I saw your update and hopefully they total your car, although it sounds like you may be out of luck if damages only are at 18k. Good luck.

And yes, I believe nevada recognizes diminished value but it still doesn't make it easy to have to worry about selling a damaged car after the fact. It's much easier in these situations if they just total it.
Z/Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #78
Msmall143

I may be in a dispute with the insurance comp. soon. They've taken the car to auction without yet telling me the payout amount!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #79
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I may be in a dispute with the insurance comp. soon. They've taken the car to auction without yet telling me the payout amount!
What?
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #80
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Damn man! I thought you had to sign the title over to them before they did that?!?
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #81
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
Damn man! I thought you had to sign the title over to them before they did that?!?
I thought that was the case as well. It's still your car until they write you a check and you sign over the title. You have to agree to the value of the car as well.

Wouldn't they be effectively stealing the car if they sold it at auction without title?

I just had a car totaled out for the first time ever about a week ago. It was a 10yr old Yukon so I knew with the frame damage it had and the value being so low they would probably total it right off the bat (which they did). Then I had to worry about the value they were going to write a check to me for. Different sites gave me different values and they were significant (one was like $7,500 and the other $12,500). Lucky for me they came in closer to the higher one and I was happy enough. Mine was paid off so the clear title was in hand which made it easier to deal with.

I just count my lucky stars my wife was driving our Yukon at the time and not the Camaro.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #82
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I thought that was the case as well. It's still your car until they write you a check and you sign over the title. You have to agree to the value of the car as well.

Wouldn't they be effectively stealing the car if they sold it at auction without title?

I just had a car totaled out for the first time ever about a week ago. It was a 10yr old Yukon so I knew with the frame damage it had and the value being so low they would probably total it right off the bat (which they did). Then I had to worry about the value they were going to write a check to me for. Different sites gave me different values and they were significant (one was like $7,500 and the other $12,500). Lucky for me they came in closer to the higher one and I was happy enough. Mine was paid off so the clear title was in hand which made it easier to deal with.

I just count my lucky stars my wife was driving our Yukon at the time and not the Camaro.
If you have payments then its not your car. Its the banks car. The bank holds the title. I hope you spoke with someone regarding the money you put into it. Aka headers CAI rockers... That can be accounted for when dealing with the adjuster. Most likely they will send your bank the check for what is owed on the loan and you the remainder.

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #83
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
What! That is insane! Insurance companies can suck at times.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #84
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Geez - Hard "for me" to follow this across two threads.

How did you learn they took your car to auction?

Last edited by Southern Comfort; 01-16-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote