Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
mattbatt

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
First time with Adam's - my exerience

First off, I got too excited and into the process to do before and after pictures, so I just have the afters!

1. I started with the interior using Adams Leather and Interior cleaner. I had used armor-all, mcquires and a lemon scent Walmart brand before on the plastic, Adam's is definitely better in cleaning and giving a unique finish - and better smell.

It is not as slippery and more of a matte look, works great.

I then applied the leather conditioner. I love it, I have McGuires gold leather cleaner and Adam's created a rich finish, not a slippery wet shine. Adam's looks better and feels better. I could also see it lifting blue jean color but not the orange.

2. I washed the car with some turtle wax ice (doesn't clean bugs as well McGuires but has a deeper shine afterward). The main point was to use Adam's SVT on my damaged matte stripes.

In another thread I wrote about how the dealer put white swirl/scuff marks in it with the previous owner. He had a bill for them to re-stripe ($800) but they would not honor it now that I'm the owner.

Well Adam's came through! I knew the SVT would work and it did! Super easy, super deep black, I'm thrilled!

3. In trying to put the squirter top on Adam's multipurpose cleaner (the green bottle that can be used on engines) I knocked it over and spilled a few cap fulls. So I took a micro fiber rag, soaked up the soap (took grit out) and cleaned my entire engine bay with the soaked up soap and upon rinsing the rag, noticed it was totally clean as well ! That stuff is POWERFUL!

4. So I have not clayed, waxed, buffed polished or anything and the car looks decent eh?

I want to try out Blackfire's 3 step process.

5. Now for some help, I de-badged the rear emblem months ago but the outline can still be seen. Do I polish?

2011 2SS, RS, stripes, Cold Air Inductions, Stainless Retro Chambered 3", Boston Acoustics with Alpine 2x12"
SWR type R Subs, Alpine MRX-M100 1,000 Watt RMS amp, P13W LED Daytime Fog Lights, debadged
2019 SS 1LE, Shock
mattbatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
redrocker

Drives: 2012 camaro ss rs
i used some rubbing compound and it came off easy... then waxed..
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Yep, that badge 'ghosting' should come out pretty easily with just a little polish.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
mattbatt

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Dylan, hand polish or machine polish?

2011 2SS, RS, stripes, Cold Air Inductions, Stainless Retro Chambered 3", Boston Acoustics with Alpine 2x12"
SWR type R Subs, Alpine MRX-M100 1,000 Watt RMS amp, P13W LED Daytime Fog Lights, debadged
2019 SS 1LE, Shock
mattbatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I had the same problem and used Revive hand polish and a hex grip applicator and it's all gone.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbatt View Post
Dylan, hand polish or machine polish?
Theres a chance you can do it by hand, and in such a tight space like that its probably the best option anyways.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
you might want to check if you still have any factory warrenty your stripes should be covered and gm should replace them
67RS2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote