Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
coolman

their goes the nieghborhood , look out ford.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Atleast it's keeping the Legacy alive in a good way...not like they plan on making slouches or camaros that will hurt the name
Lets hope, but a drawing and being a company owned by a Yenko enthusiast/owner does not a Yenko make. Not trying to be controversial, just giving an objective opinion.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
Lets hope, but a drawing and being a company owned by a Yenko enthusiast/owner does not a Yenko make. Not trying to be controversial, just giving an objective opinion.
No I understand what you are saying and im not trying to argue with you. I remember awhile ago when I read the plans and I just did a little research thats all
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Too bad its a Yenko in name only..... If Don Yenko were still alive you have to wonder what would have been. Licensing is one thing, having real heritage is another. Next you will hear they are continuation cars because the name was bought, still does not make them real Yenkos
I disagree, even when Yenko was in business it was still a business building these cars, Don Yenko didnt hand build those cars he had a team of people working on it the same as these guys will, personally i LOVE the idea, i never thought the new age muscle car wars would get this involved but now im like a kid in a candy store haha...the only thing i disagree with is the whole "phase" idea, all shops are doing "three phase" projects and i just dont like it, if you're gonna buy a Yenko it should be THE Yenko rather than one of three models cause you know no matter what someone will give you grief for it, they'll either say "well its not as fast as it SHOULD be" or they'll say "well its not as nice of a ride as it SHOULD be" so i would preffer just one model, plus thats how it was back when and i support that...also i hope these dont end up being $80,000 cars >={ we have WAY too much of that crap goin around, the new Camaros arent exactly the cheapest cars ever as it is, i hope these guys dont go balls-out with the price
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #20
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
No I understand what you are saying and im not trying to argue with you. I remember awhile ago when I read the plans and I just did a little research thats all

I dig the rims though Junkie, sure would like to see the piece in the flesh or at least some pics from SEMA
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
Vega

Afterthought: Can anyone say reproduction of Dynacorn 69' Camaros straight from Yenko?? =D
(none of that CARS licensing crap, those are retarted at $130k and its not even Yenko building them)
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #22
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
I dig the rims though Junkie, sure would like to see the piece in the flesh or at least some pics from SEMA
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #23
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Do they have any affiliation to the old Don Yenko dealership, or are they just trying to capitalize on a name that isn't theirs?

They bought the rights to the name, and are doing the right thing with it..... More power to them and hope it works out....
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #24
1sickss

Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
i likey
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #25
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
If "phase 1" is a 600 hp car, what are phase 2 and 3 going to be? The cynic in me says the originals were COPO cars, not a collection of some aftermarket parts.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #26
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I disagree, even when Yenko was in business it was still a business building these cars, Don Yenko didnt hand build those cars he had a team of people working on it the same as these guys will, personally i LOVE the idea, i never thought the new age muscle car wars would get this involved but now im like a kid in a candy store haha...the only thing i disagree with is the whole "phase" idea, all shops are doing "three phase" projects and i just dont like it, if you're gonna buy a Yenko it should be THE Yenko rather than one of three models cause you know no matter what someone will give you grief for it, they'll either say "well its not as fast as it SHOULD be" or they'll say "well its not as nice of a ride as it SHOULD be" so i would preffer just one model, plus thats how it was back when and i support that...also i hope these dont end up being $80,000 cars >={ we have WAY too much of that crap goin around, the new Camaros arent exactly the cheapest cars ever as it is, i hope these guys dont go balls-out with the price
If you read the press article further in depth that was published in Vette Mag, this gentleman is teaming up with various specialty vehicle manufacturers to formulate the car not necessarily in his own production facitlity. Don Yenko was a businessman, but he had his own facility, employees and kids he paid 5 bucks to to "steeker" the cars. That to me is a big difference.

And I will step into the Dynacorn continuation cars arena. To me a newly manufactured 69 replica with a real 427 BB and labled a Yenko continuation car has more appeal and street cred to an old gearhead like me than a 2010 Yenkhennessey clone ever will. I just take issue with the price they are asking for them.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
If "phase 1" is a 600 hp car, what are phase 2 and 3 going to be? The cynic in me says the originals were COPO cars, not a collection of some aftermarket parts.
Hm yeah they should keep to the original way they built these, of course these are Yenkos and not COPOs but still i see where you're comin from and i agree...also they said this is supposed to be a supercharged LS engine, seems like they may end up stepping on GM's toes for their idea of the new Z/28 haha (personally i opted for the LS7 over the LSA so id still be happy, LOL)
Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
Vega

Quote:
If you read the press article further in depth that was published in Vette Mag, this gentleman is teaming up with various specialty vehicle manufacturers to formulate the car not necessarily in his own production facitlity. Don Yenko was a businessman, but he had his own facility, employees and kids he paid 5 bucks to to "steeker" the cars. That to me is a big difference.

And I will step into the Dynacorn continuation cars arena. To me a newly manufactured 69 replica with a real 427 BB and labled a Yenko continuation car has more appeal and street cred to an old gearhead like me than a 2010 Yenkhennessey clone ever will. I just take issue with the price they are asking for them.

Yeah i agreed with you more after i saw more of the discussion, lol, but im still all for these new Yenkos, same stuff with new management in my oppinion haha, but yeah i totally agree with the dynacorns and price and all, if a shop started producing brand new 69' Camaros (be it Yenkos or not) at an affordable price (none of this 100k+ crap) not only would it be completely amazing but it would be awsome for business as well, i really hope this new Yenko looks into it, or even someone else as long as their willing to do it right and put the right price on it