Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #43
Parabolica
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
I tried the Permatex grease. Worked for a couple weeks. When I next checked the pads, nothing was left of the grease. It had literally turned to carbon...

That said, I was running HP+ pads, and drive almost exclusively in canyons. I've since changed to HP pads, used the supplied grease, and don't have any more squealing issues.
Parabolica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #44
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I have the Brembo's on my V6 and use Hawk Performance Ceramic pad. Greased up the lube points as outlined in this thread and then bedded the pads per Hawk. So far after 10 months I have no issues. The pads put on the SS from the factory are racing pads, which squeal like a pig no matter waht you do.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #45
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
So has this solved everyones issues? Its been several months now, i am curious to hear some long term feedback.
It's been over a year now, including several track days. Still no squeal.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Cool tip with the hockey pucks.
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #47
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
This stuff look like it could hold up to the extreme temps of racing.

http://www.permatex.com/products/pro...bricant-detail

Permatex® CeramicExtreme Brake PartsLubricant

"A 100% synthetic formula, coupled with real ceramic solids make this premium brake lubricant our longest lasting, most temperature resistant way to silence brake noise. Effective from -50°F to 3000°F (-46°C to 1649°C), this product maintains its lubricating integrity under the most extreme conditions. Resistant to corrosion and contaminants, it will not wash out."

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #48
Synner

Drives: cars
Not really. It still will cook off and the pad itself will squeal with real track pads. I used it when I put my DTC-30's on. I also used it with the HP+ on the old SS calipers and it was cooked off and squealing after a track day. Only thing that helps minimize the squeal is stomping on it in stop and go, not really ideal considering I can easily outbreak whatever schmuck is tailgating me. But if you have track pads its a lost cause unless you swap out for track days. Or at least thats been my experience with 2 levels of hawks and this stuff. Without track days it does last a long time though, better than other stuff I've used in the past.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #49
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Race pads squeal=given.

Good to know though about track days. But if it last for the day or two of track days then reapply when you switch back to street pads that would be OK.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #50
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Couldn't find the permatex stuff, but gave CRC disc brake quiet a try...no joy...squeal lessened but didn't go away, and was very prominent under moderate to hard brake pressure...I'm at my wits end...gonna order the permatex online and give it one more try...
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #51
Synner

Drives: cars
First result on google:
http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-24125.../dp/B0018PSASU
Purple color is a bit goofy but it works great on daily driving. Stomping on the brakes to remove any glaze a few times can help too. This stuff will only help if sliding parts/friction is your issue.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #52
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
So i just got my calipers back from powder coat... installed but didn't know about the bolts.. is this a 100% no go on reusing the bolts?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #53
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
So i just got my calipers back from powder coat... installed but didn't know about the bolts.. is this a 100% no go on reusing the bolts?
pretty much...one use only...they are meant to stretch.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #54
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
how long exactly have you been sitting on this information?

but anyways...
This is not a new concept. This method has been industry standard for years.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #55
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Went to follow your procedure, check out my brakes, very different pads!
Attached Images

snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #56
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Ha! Did some research, now I get it! I had never seen roller skates, pretty exotic to me.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote