Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
KlugSS

My 1SS 1LE with no other options was $35,800 before any rebates or anything.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #30
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
The original post and title are misleading. A 2013 SS can run anywhere from $33.5K to say $40K? Then you add $3500 for the 1LE option.

The question should be is the 1LE option worth $3500?

The price of an SS is the price of an SS. Get all the other options youw ant and then add the $3500.

Saying that... Is the 1LE option worth it? Absolutely!
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #31
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
What I find interesting is some guys that have purchased 1LEs are swapping out the factory suspension for aftermarket. Now that I find interesting. You buy a 1LE (for the extras) and then you just remove the parts with aftermarket (Pedders, etc).
JusticePete has mentioned a couple times these are great foundational upgrades to the 1le:
  • sub-frame bushes
  • radius bushes
  • zl1 rear sway

Those are on my list. Some go crazy.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #32
gmjack

Drives: Camaro 1LE 2SS NPP RS SILVER ICE
doesn't the 1le come with the zl1 wheel bearings too?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #33
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjack View Post
doesn't the 1le come with the zl1 wheel bearings too?
Yes
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #34
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
ZOg you in illinois......I am as many are upgrading their own suspension eventually on a ss because: ! 1 you can pick any rear gear you want, you can buy parts aftermarket that are better for suspension than the 1le parts, who really plans on driving circle tracking road courses....as opposed to a daily driver that can have tires cheaper form different brads that are made all season...not just summer only do not use in cold winter weather tires....And flat black wrap on a hood to remove........And well a SS with better rear end gearing can actually out perform a 1le in the quarter as the transmissions are almost the same, also the front splitter.......Mine would get scraped to death everyday just going in and out of my driveway and I would have to probably remount my show and go plate to hang down on stupid plumbers strap and park in the street forever.......( i have seen one too many cars with fractured ground effects in my lifetime) ANd the biggest one for me was: yes its a nice package but.........It interferes often with getting other options a person wants as it unavailable with a 1le or you have to order it that way and wait and wait..............Sure you dont get the zl1 fuel pump or what ever, but eventually when upgrading a car you would get a dual pump etc..............Or better than what is stock or not need the part. I would say 43 is fair maybe if it has crystal red paint, a moonroof, nav, heritage grill, dual mode exhaust..............

ow.. wall of text.

the 1le as a dd may not be wise. cost of tire replacement could be quite abit. But for the other upgrades that come with it are nice. you could buy the 1le and resell the rims for ++ cost of the package (3500) and still comeout ahead.

depends on what you want to do. i paid under msrp for mine. traded my 2lt of a 2ss.. wont look back.

i wanted a zl1 but the wait to save up was more then i wanted to do. I am happy with the 1le. looks and feel are worth it. (weekend driver mostly) .

gl with your choice and let us know what you get and ADD PICS!

edit add: zl1 = 56k. 1le 43. 13k isnt chump change.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #35
Firefighter

The tire cost for me is a non argument. I've been replacing $300+ tires since 2000. Summer only is all I buy... I live in FL.

It is my DD and I wouldn't have anything less.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
Old 05-27-2013, 03:10 AM   #36
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
It was worth it to me, $3500 was worth it just for the rims and tires alone. The difference in price between a 1SS and 2SS has nothing to do with a 1LE package.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #37
SS_Falco

Drives: 2SS 1LE RS. IOM
I wish 43k was what I paid for my 2SS 1LE in Alberta your not going to find that car for under 50k
SS_Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #38
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
not to hijack the thread but what is the reasoning for a flat bottomed steering wheel?
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #39
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
flat bottom steering whell is standard on 2013 and above to better fit in the car easier, other options that are unneccessary added to the 1le are micro fibre on the steering wheel and shifter....as it is nicer in leather i think.....let alone the black hood wrap was a total take it off right away deal, and the wheels you have only like two manufacturers that make tires for them and have to be swapped out for say $3000 plus to use as a good daily driver in the rain and light snow and buy a much wider variety of tires for like..........all season. Not that its not a deal what they bundled together.....Its more of a case of useage.......Really need a stiffer suspension for a daily driver? Or for the quarter mile? Or say quartermile/ daily driver.......The final drive of the standard ss trans when coupled with the same gearing in the rear is actually better for the quarter is what i have heard......And when you do a configure on the camaro see what you can and cannot add to a 1le camaro for other options.

MSRP1 from$36,135Destination Freight Charge$900Options
Crystal Red Tintcoat$395Black, Front leather seating surfaces$0Black 10-spoke forged aluminum wheels, 20" x 10" front and 20" x 11" rear$0SS 1LE Performance PackageRemove$3,500RS PackageRemove$1,3506.2L V8 engine$06-speed manual transmission$0Dual-mode performance exhaustRemove$895Chevrolet MyLink™1 with 7" diagonal color touch screen$0Front Sport bucket seats$020" performance summer tires$0Power sunroofRemove$900High-Intensity Discharge headlamps with halo rings$0Front license plate bracketRemove$15Options Total$7,055Total MSRP$44,090Total Cash Offers-$1,000*Price$43,090*You basically as i figure it can add the 2ss/rs CRT paint dual mode exhaust and a sunroof and minus $1000 incentive right now get it for 43-44..........Of course if you wanted a different accented interior, bright alloy wheels, rally stripes, mohave beige, etc the packages are not compatable....let alone thinking hood wrap delete.......
Its just a matter of what you really want or need and being happy with it and going from there, and of course availability and waiting if you custom order what you want..........And right now its gonna be a 2014............Or finding a 2013 the way you want it....Or modding it to be what you want.......LIke say dropping 4:11 gears in a 2ss and coil overs and some better aftermarket bushings and sway bars etc...And a this and a that...........

Last edited by christianchevell; 05-27-2013 at 08:28 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #40
Firefighter

It boils down to this. They make different models to appeal to different people.

Personally I haven't had a car on the 1/4 mile since HS. I get more use out of a tuned suspension on the street than I would something with drag radials and skinnies up front.

The difference is my "race car" is streetable, when the "drag car" either needs to be trailered or have the wheels and tires changed to drive home.

I promise you that the 1LE is a superior car to a standard SS. It IS worth the $3500 and I WILL be able to drive it year round. Now if someone wants a drag car go get the COPO.

Also I LOVE the way the hood wrap looks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #41
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
It boils down to this. They make different models to appeal to different people.

Personally I haven't had a car on the 1/4 mile since HS. I get more use out of a tuned suspension on the street than I would something with drag radials and skinnies up front.

The difference is my "race car" is streetable, when the "drag car" either needs to be trailered or have the wheels and tires changed to drive home.

I promise you that the 1LE is a superior car to a standard SS. It IS worth the $3500 and I WILL be able to drive it year round. Now if someone wants a drag car go get the COPO.

Also I LOVE the way the hood wrap looks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
+1

Hood wrap is awesome.. this guy above ChristianChevell, not sure what the hell he's talking about as far as saying it's a must remove but seems like from reading his broken English post that he is being bias to his 13SS cause he owns one and is making excuses for why he didn't spring for the better 1LE package. It's either that or he is obviously in major denial!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #42
tainoxl

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
The exhaust and wheels alone are worth the 3500, not to mention the upgraded rear, suspension and axles, wheel bearings etc. The 1le is a bargain any way you slice it.
tainoxl is offline   Reply With Quote