Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Anyone have issues installing ridetech endlinks?

Installed a new set of ridetech coilovers yesterday and was getting a clunk in the front. Traced it back to a loose connection on both sides between the endlink and sway bar. Went to tighten them up a bit and the nut just spun on the threads. Went to the other side and same thing. Tried a wrench, then a socket, then an impact gun and finally had to bring it to the shop where they ended up cutting them off.

Has anyone ever had issues trying to tighten these down before? I am running a BMR swaybar up front which has the 12mm holes so was using the supplied washers ridetech gives you fr their 10mm studs to work in this application.

Need to get the swaybar hooked back up. Otherwise these coilovers are awesome!

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Did you use two wrenches. Need to hold the inner with a thin wrench or the outside nut will just spin the stud too

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Old 08-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Did you use two wrenches. Need to hold the inner with a thin wrench or the outside nut will just spin the stud too

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
yup I held the nut next to the arm with a wrench to keep it from spinning while putting the nut on the threaded end with another wrench. In the end I held the actual threads with vice grips just to make sure the threads were not turning and only the nut was. Either the nut was stripped or the threads underneath were stripped which just seems odd since it went on all the way up until it was just shy of being tight enough to be snug.

The attachment to the shock body was fine, that torqued down perfect.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #4
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
yup I held the nut next to the arm with a wrench to keep it from spinning while putting the nut on the threaded end with another wrench. In the end I held the actual threads with vice grips just to make sure the threads were not turning and only the nut was. Either the nut was stripped or the threads underneath were stripped which just seems odd since it went on all the way up until it was just shy of being tight enough to be snug.

The attachment to the shock body was fine, that torqued down perfect.
Call Kyle at Ride tech ASAP. He will get you back on the road in short order.

All The Best

Orange 2010 Camaro
Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #5
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Not sure if you ever got this issue resolved. If you have a 1LE with 12mm sway bar holes or an aftermarket sway bar with 12mm, the washer system they supply doesn't work perfectly. I initially tried using the supplied washers, but we were constantly hearing metal on metal rubbing from the front. The problem is that you can't get everything tight enough because the washer can only hold so much torque. We even tightened it with our full body weight and it still moved around. Eventually the washer started to become concave with how tight we made it.

I tried to find some endlinks that had a 12mm stud on one end and 10mm on the other (attached to the coilover) and I couldn't find a single thing. So we took the stock 1LE endlinks (both studs are 12mm) and cut out a center section of the rod, welded it back up and put a large metal sleeve around the weld to keep it from breaking. Had to do all that to make it shorter like the Ridetech endlinks since the mounting point on the coilover is closer to the sway bar. And then we drilled out the 10mm hole on the coilover to 12mm. Everything worked after that and no more squeaking.

If Ridetech could offer some endlinks with one 10mm stud and one 12mm stud, that would be the best solution.
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424146
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote