Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Looking to purchase a camaro

Hello all,

I registered here to get some opinions and some knowledge about the camaro.

I am looking at getting a 2LS, automatic. (SOOOO happy they updated the wheels for the 2014 for the LS models, way to go chevy)

My first question is this: Do you think it is worth getting a 1LT over a 2LS? If so why?

Second question: I am a bit stuck on which color to go with. I initially wanted black, but my good friend has a 2013 GT in black (yea I know, yuck, ford), and he constantly complains about how dirty it gets, especially with living in Arizona. So then I looked at the ashen grey color and was leaning more towards that. But some family and friends really think the white looks sharp and stands out more. Colors aside, I'm content that I am just purchasing a camaro, regardless of the color, so my own opinion is a bit skewed because I'm content with really any color. (Long story short: What color do you like more, ashen grey or white?)

I thank you for your time and opinions. Also anything else I should know when going into purchase it would be greatly appreciated.

Jordan

Last edited by JTruck; 11-22-2013 at 01:08 PM.
JTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Personally I like the ashen gray over white but white looks really good with accent colors like orange or black. I would also say the jump to a 1LT/RS would be worth it.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
IMO I would go with the 2LT/RS white with orange stripes...
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Don't buy a Camaro, period. You'll contract a bad case of permagrin, your wallet will never be full again while chasing the next mod, and you'll become addicted to Camaro5 and spend all your waking hours poring through hundreds of thousands of posting. Just say NO!......

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
JTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilla gorilla View Post
IMO I would go with the 2LT/RS white with orange stripes...
Unfortunately a 2LT with RS package is getting a little too high in $$$. (Although it would be awesome to have the Heads up display and upgraded wheels.)

I was looking at some of the options they have for accenting with stripes, quite a few good looking stripes I have yet to see on the road. For instance the fender hash marks, really like those. http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-spor...cessories.html
Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
JTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Don't buy a Camaro, period. You'll contract a bad case of permagrin, your wallet will never be full again while chasing the next mod, and you'll become addicted to Camaro5 and spend all your waking hours poring through hundreds of thousands of posting. Just say NO!......
Sorry... Already test drove one, no going back now...
Old 09-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
I have the AGM and love it. I too wanted black but having black cars before and with my work schedule there was no way possible to keep it as clean as I would like it. Initially I wanted a white or yellow camaro but after seeing the AGM I was completely happy buying it. Either way enjoy your purchase....you'll love it I'm sure.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Get blue ray metallic.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
AztecCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk SS Auto Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Get blue ray metallic.
I second this^
AztecCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Blue Ray Metallic , if you don't want to ditch the girlfriend to keep the black car clean
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
JL_s

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Go for the AGM, I went from black to AGM and it hides dust so much better, plus it is an awesome color (but seriously get what YOU like best). As far as LT vs LS, what feature(s) does the LT have that you really want that the LS doesn't? Does it justify the increase in cost for you? Whatever you decide you'll be happy. You really can't go wrong.

Last edited by JL_s; 09-21-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: I can't spell
JL_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Black isn't bad persay, the issue comes from once you see it shiny in black you'll want that shine...

Forever.

So then you'll develop a clear cut OCD for making sure the car is damn near spotless whenever you see it. This OCD involves:

1. Ditching significant others because of "One more damn streak".

2. Becoming friends with the local car wash or developing a penchant for detail work each weekend, or both.

3. The hatred of all dust, everywhere. You will want to kill dust with your bare hands.

4. You will throw evil looks to anyone who dares to close the door with anything other then the handle, or the window. This is unavoidable.

5. The "look at my shiny ass black car in my rear mirrors" symptom. You will occasionally outright ignore direct conversation while driving because of this, potential relationship strain.

Mud and rain will become your sworn enemies. Wax will become a lighthouse in a troublesome storm.

6. Camaro5 will get bookmarked. You will be here every day. This one isn't color specific though.

7. The urge to completely black out the car for some reason.

8. You will on occasion, drive places for no reason other then to drive the car, also not color specific.

The 1LT and 2LS aren't too radically different in terms of features outside of the MyLink and RS package. Stick with what is comfortable rather then stretching would be my two cents, the 2LS is a solid machine.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Get blue ray metallic.
Between your color options I would take Ashen but I agree with Dago in that Blue Ray metallic is amazing
Old 09-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #14
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
AGM...only cause its the closes to CGM, the greatest camaro color period
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote