Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #29
Pavnman
HENNPEKD

Drives: 2013 HPE700 ZL1 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikss View Post
did you run on street tires? i would think your time would be lower way lower ..but tires altitude have an affect on time.. cause that speed trap is crazy 142 mph lol good trap speed do
Traction problems slowed me up, I spun through first and second . Also, first time racing this car, we were on a airport runway not a track, and I haven't raced in 30 years. Can't wait to try again
Pavnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #30
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavnman View Post
Traction problems slowed me up, I spun through first and second . Also, first time racing this car, we were on a airport runway not a track, and I haven't raced in 30 years. Can't wait to try again
i figured and wit that trap speed and traction u will hit real low numbers
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #31
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@HennesseyPerformance View Post
John talks about the 8-10 year ago deal pretty openly. Business exploded past what he could keep up with, some people dipped out, a compromised situation was created, and some people were unhappy. Now he has a partner, and a general manager, and 40 other people on his team to help the workload, and we're still growing.

To be fair, you have to look at what he was doing 10 years ago, and what he was doing it with, which was quite impressive. As stated above all shops started off as the little guy at some point, but John's problem 8-10 years ago was his tiny shop EXPLODED and couldn't keep up. Builds got behind, and unfortunately a handful of customers were left unhappy, but a much much larger number were patient and loved their cars, and the company continued to where it is now, and all the customers who were unhappy were settled up with. When you go to Taco Bell and they mess up your order, you call pissed off. I've seen me do it. Do you call when they get it right though? Do you call after they fix it? I certainly don't. Human nature, and most of the internet stories were the same way.

Use some basic critical thinking skills, could a company that truly does terrible acts build the Venom GT and have their cars available off the showroom at over 30 dealers, and have 5 international storefronts?

Anyways, if you're interested in current pricing, or what we offer you're always welcome to email mikep@hennesseyperformance.com and I'll get you the latest information, or you can call us and ask for Mike Peters at 979.885.1300. We're also located at exit 713 on I-10 anyone and everyone is always more than welcome to stop by. We strive to offer the most reliable, warrantied horsepower on the market for people who want to drive their car and enjoy it.

We've been in the business of making fast cars go faster since 1991, and will continue to do so for a long time. Give me a shout and I'll hook any of you up with a 10% C5 discount.
Met one of your satisfied customers on Saturday. Older gentleman had a Red automatic ZL1 that went in for the HPE 700 then added a few other things and he said the end result was 775rwp.

The ZL1 sounded like a absolute beast. He said his next toy was going to be the first Hennessy Stingray. Looking forward to seeing that come out.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
TexZR2 sounds like you met Rudy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I have always wanted to go down there and take a look at the Henessey shop. Someone let me know when the track day is scheduled and I will try to attend if it is open to random flunkies like me. It would not be any further a drive than the Texas mile I don't think...
You're always more than welcome to come by anytime M-F 8-6, just don't come during lunch...haha.

As in my sig, if you want some track passes just let me know!
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #33
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I have always wanted to go down there and take a look at the Henessey shop. Someone let me know when the track day is scheduled and I will try to attend if it is open to random flunkies like me. It would not be any further a drive than the Texas mile I don't think...
I'll be posting up the Camaro Nationals track date VERY SOON. We met today and will be including Corvettes as well. Will be both Autocross and Drags.. Stay tuned.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #34
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Thanks guys, I will stay tuned...

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote