Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Reloaded
Beasting off the Riesling

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Thumbs down Anyone else hate -No exterior difference between the SS and LT models ?

I'm sure this will cause a stir, or bring up v8 or v6 problems, but this is meant to adress that fact that a camaro SS/RS looks no different on the outside as an LT/RS.

Does this bother anyone else? i feel like i spent more money on my car and it's a special sport edition, yet there is little to no differences between the LT and the SS on the outside.

Last edited by Reloaded; 12-01-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
DAMN! I went to lunch and came back to this thread to see everyones panties in the tightest of wads!

The OP through out makes 2 very good points:

1) The SS does not stand out very much from the rest of the trim levels. This is a plain and simple fact. FFS just line the 2 cars up next to each other and drive past them - most won't even see the difference. I agree - the SS could have come from the factory a little more dressed up but I still love the car.

2) WTF is up with all the V6 drivers being so defensive!! Its amazing, the OP did not say one thing about either of the cars being better or worse, he just made an observation, commented on it and asked us what we think! I swear the Mods need to check you guys because the OP is absolutely correct about the bee hive statement.
It takes 2 to bicker. We don't need to watch one side any more than the other.

The thing is, by saying that you want the SS to look different also means that they don't want their car to be mistaken for a V6. Othewise, whats the point of being different? Now, how could this possibly be an issue if you don't have a problem with V6 Camaros? Afterall, if you felt that the V6 was a better car, wouldn't you want your car to look like it & possibly be mistaken for it?

Now ... as for the topic as a whole, I'm of the opinion that you'll never be able to make your car look different enough to get the masses to know the difference. They simply don't care. With most of them, just be happy that they didn't call it a Mustang or Challenger. On the other hand, the true enthusiasts will always be able to spot the difference, no matter how minute it may be. So whats the point in putting a lot of effort into making the models look different?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
so why in the hell would you
My question as well...

Quote:
Life is much easier if you don't care what other people think. Buy what you like. Drive it. If other people like it and women are attracted to it fine - but that should just be a bonus.
This...

Quote:
Clearly missing the point once again.. I don't care what other people think of my car, im simply using the fact that most people can't tell the difference as and example.

I would just like the SS to look different, Im not asking for the car to look like a Bugatti.. I'd simply like my camaro SS to have some features that to me make it look different then a lot of the other camaros on the road. Without these features being so obscure that you have to be a camaro enthusiast to spot them.
There are a host of items that seperate the levels... spoilers, wheels, mails slots, badging etc...Too many more and you'll be buying a different car...

Quote:
WGAS?

Quote:
It is every other camaro on the road ..... it's a camaro ..... That's it , just a Camaro ....SS or not .....Get it , just a Camaro !!!!

Quote:
Wow the v6'ers have come out by the packs on this one.. You guys are like a beehive that got bumped into, so easily ofended. Funny how they are all the ones who disagree.

I'm merely asking peoples opinions
and you figured after being told they are inferior they would sit by and take it....

Too all that posted in this thread... Like DG pointed out, it takes two to bicker...

We do not permit or tolerate V-6, or V-8 bashing... Threads like this will always end up this way...

So, it's closed...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Closed Thread