Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Smile Non RS to RS Headlights!

So some of you guys know i started a new Project with my ZL1 conversion on my 2013 2LS.. so i just picked this up tonight and ordered the other side. From my understandings you can just plug and play am i correct on this?
Attached Images

A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
Lucas Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_DILLA View Post
So some of you guys know i started a new Project with my ZL1 conversion on my 2013 2LS.. so i just picked this up tonight and ordered the other side. From my understandings you can just plug and play am i correct on this?
I am doing the EXACT same thing right now with my SS. I am almost positive you can't just plug & play the new RS headlights because the functionality is different for a Non-RS Camaro. I know you will need a new harness for the headlights alone and definitely a new harness if you want to be able to have full functionality for both your DRL's and your fogs on the ZL1 fascia. I got all I needed through Gen5diy by the way. They are definitely the easiest to go through
Lucas Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Camaro View Post
I am doing the EXACT same thing right now with my SS. I am almost positive you can't just plug & play the new RS headlights because the functionality is different for a Non-RS Camaro. I know you will need a new harness for the headlights alone and definitely a new harness if you want to be able to have full functionality for both your DRL's and your fogs on the ZL1 fascia. I got all I needed through Gen5diy by the way. They are definitely the easiest to go through
nice thanks for the reply can you send me an exact link of which harness i need? by the way my fogs were never connected all i did was put them on for the looks but didn't know which route to go to connect them i was just online searching and came across these but don't know if this will work without maybe a relay?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...light-drl1.htm
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
Gen5DIY
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote: