Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #29
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
You don't need to sell me! I'm well aware!

...though....I don't think the spitter and rockers are made of carbon fiber...
I'll give on that, it must be the fancy suede interior
Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
LifetheUniverseandLS7
LifetheUniverseandLS7

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Hello all! New member here. I've been reading camaro5 for a couple years and love the content. What are the thoughts on having a Z/28 as a daily driver? I understand (and totally agree with) the "old school" idea that less is better. But do ya'll think it would be possible or just a bit ridiculous to have a DD Z/28? Would the pain in the butt be worth it...
LifetheUniverseandLS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #31
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I had a 1969 base V8 Camaro as my daily driver. Compared to it, the new Z/28 is a luxury car.

So, ya, if you don't need luxury in your driver, it is possible. But people are too spoiled now days to except that. Personally I wouldn't do it because of the cost of brakes and tires. It will take money to buy it and money to drive it.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifetheUniverseandLS7 View Post
Hello all! New member here. I've been reading camaro5 for a couple years and love the content. What are the thoughts on having a Z/28 as a daily driver? I understand (and totally agree with) the "old school" idea that less is better. But do ya'll think it would be possible or just a bit ridiculous to have a DD Z/28? Would the pain in the butt be worth it...
'Hard to live with' muscle cars as a DD is like trying to live on adrenaline 24/7... very taxing on the soul.

With that said,
the Z/28 is a super nice edition to any garage, but mine - I prefer the understated with comforts and lots of GO FAST pedal.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
I had a 1969 base V8 Camaro as my daily driver. Compared to it, the new Z/28 is a luxury car.

So, ya, if you don't need luxury in your driver, it is possible. But people are too spoiled now days to except that. Personally I wouldn't do it because of the cost of brakes and tires. It will take money to buy it and money to drive it.
On top of that the new Z/28 will be a limited production unit... I tend to not like these 'kind' of cars because modifying them negatively impacts value on what is already an instant collectors item.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #34
LifetheUniverseandLS7
LifetheUniverseandLS7

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
ah but modifying it is part of why I would love to have one! lol. if I am furtonate enough to get one I'll drive it until it quits or I quit.
LifetheUniverseandLS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #35
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I see a muscle car as a car that is supposed to be modified, maybe collect and garage sit the first few in production but these cars are made to be modified. It'd be a shame to buy and garage sit one of the new Z/28's. It's meant to be put on the track and raced not sat in a garage and collected.

Imagine if everybody who bought one put it in the garage and collected it what would be the damn point

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #36
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanPocket View Post
I think we all assumed that as fact.

I think the issue is this,
its a $60,000 super base camaro.. :/
That's kind of embarrassing to put in print.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #37
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
The past week has made me realize how society has ruined the automobile. Few consider the parts that actually make the car perform as features. Fully loaded means navigation, heated and cooled seats, quadruple climate control, 24 way power memory seats, and now a vacuum…. basically bloated mobile homes on wheels. Every year the manufacturers must come out with more options to make people feel like they are getting a good perceived value and one step ahead of the Joneses.

Understandably people have a hard time hearing “the most expensive Camaro has no A/C no speakers no carpet”. These aren’t the things people have been lead to believe are important. Just like the most expensive Camaro isn’t the one with the most horsepower or the one that is fastest in the quarter mile. So nobody understands why it is so expensive because if it isn’t horsepower or a seat massager what is it?

Maybe the Z/28 and other cars like it will start shifting the expectations and open up a new world for those willing to listen. This is a purpose built car. It is not meant for the masses. I am in a way shocked GM is building it but also very impressed at the same time.

For those crying for these creature comfort options, put the shoe on the other foot for a minute and realize why some don’t want to lug those around the track lap after lap. Now maybe you will understand? Weight kills performance. Some people don’t care about a radio when they are driving a car like this, they are purists in that regard.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:10 AM   #38
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
The LS7 is also around twice the price of the LS3 so I expect the price to be up there...

Super Base huh...

Yeah I'm bored....
I was just about to post something similar then I saw this ^^^

Boom-ba-dooom-ba-boom-ba-doom-ba
Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #39
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
The past week has made me realize how society has ruined the automobile. Few consider the parts that actually make the car perform as features. Fully loaded means navigation, heated and cooled seats, quadruple climate control, 24 way power memory seats, and now a vacuum…. basically bloated mobile homes on wheels. Every year the manufacturers must come out with more options to make people feel like they are getting a good perceived value and one step ahead of the Joneses.

Understandably people have a hard time hearing “the most expensive Camaro has no A/C no speakers no carpet”. These aren’t the things people have been lead to believe are important. Just like the most expensive Camaro isn’t the one with the most horsepower or the one that is fastest in the quarter mile. So nobody understands why it is so expensive because if it isn’t horsepower or a seat massager what is it?

Maybe the Z/28 and other cars like it will start shifting the expectations and open up a new world for those willing to listen. This is a purpose built car. It is not meant for the masses. I am in a way shocked GM is building it but also very impressed at the same time.

For those crying for these creature comfort options, put the shoe on the other foot for a minute and realize why some don’t want to lug those around the track lap after lap. Now maybe you will understand? Weight kills performance. Some people don’t care about a radio when they are driving a car like this, they are purists in that regard.
Tell that to the Nissan GTR guys.. 10 second quarters stock while the car does everything but make you breakfast in bed..
not to mention it is pretty damn fast around the curves as well.

Fast with luxury can be done and yes I am one of those that doesn't want a 1969 z/28 any more I want those items and I want the speed as well.
and we all know it can be done and can be done well.

a 1LE 2SS could have easily been done with this engine and many many more would have been happier.
the super limited stripped car with a heavy price tag isnt going to make it a car that sees the track.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #40
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Tell that to the Nissan GTR guys.. 10 second quarters stock while the car does everything but make you breakfast in bed..
not to mention it is pretty damn fast around the curves as well.

Fast with luxury can be done and yes I am one of those that doesn't want a 1969 z/28 any more I want those items and I want the speed as well.
and we all know it can be done and can be done well.

a 1LE 2SS could have easily been done with this engine and many many more would have been happier.
the super limited stripped car with a heavy price tag isnt going to make it a car that sees the track.
You just described why I never lusted after the Datsun. Taken em out several times and once even on the track and the car was impressive. But left me cold most of the time. To each his own I guess but offer me a stripped light weight GT-R and I'd be considering it... Yes, even for more money. But right now, the polar opposite of the car, the Lotus Exige rocks my boat.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #41
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
i bet it is closer to 70K.... Look at the price differential from the base corvette to the Carbon ZO6, almost as much as the ZR1.. The brakes alone are way pricey
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #42
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
I was just about to post something similar then I saw this ^^^

Boom-ba-dooom-ba-boom-ba-doom-ba
Hahahaha
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote