Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #15
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
"Under Promise and Over Deliver"…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #16
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Ford is still going to get the s*** stomped out of them
Are you kidding me, the mustang is going to be left cold in the rain! The Camaro will even be giving their flagship GT500 a run for its money assuming they are able to keep the camaro's weight under 3600lbs, PLUS it is not being forcefed with a supercharger like the GT500.... Pure displacement baby! I absolutely love how GM is coming out of the gates at full speed this time. I seriously believe that the Camaro is going to really validate GM's direction in this new era of struggling US automakers putting it back on top. As if Ford didn't already have enough problems, just wait until 2009.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #17
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Couple of thoughts;

- When I first saw that picture of the silver "2012 Mustang", I immediately thought "Camaro".

also - I think that "2012" Mustang concept will be too radical for loyal Mustang owners. I have a sister who is "one of them", and she hated the look. (I told her it was just a photoshop and far from a production version.)

and - IIRC (if I recall correctly... ) I don't remember the new Mustang receiving nealy as much positive response as the concept Camaro has.

IMO (sorry, I was up at very early this morning ) I think Ford has their work cut out for them.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #18
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I just don’t see it, other than the color I think it looks nothing like the Camaro Concept. Kind of looks like a WWII fighter plane without the wings. Furthermore, are these actual Ford pictures or are they photo shops of what Road & Track thinks the mustang is going to look like? Take a closer look at the photos, they look photo shopped to me. I don’t see Ford releasing photos of a face lifted mustang until 08 or 09.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #19
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I just don’t see it, other than the color I think it looks nothing like the Camaro Concept. Kind of looks like a WWII fighter plane without the wings. Furthermore, are these actual Ford pictures or are they photo shops of what Road & Track thinks the mustang is going to look like? Take a closer look at the photos, they look photo shopped to me. I don’t see Ford releasing photos of a face lifted mustang until 08 or 09.
I'd almost say with 100% certainty that the pic. of the silver car is photoshop/computer generated.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:48 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Doesn't look real to me. And...why in the world would Ford go and release an actual picture of a car which hasn't been made yet and is for a production vehicle not to be released for another 6 years. It just doesn't make any sense. It's gotta be photoshop. Oh, did I mention it's FUGLY!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:03 AM   #21
fierocamaro
69 Camaro lover

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Those Mustangs in the picture just look sad to me!:(
Old 10-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #22
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
The red one is a photoshop of a GT500.....in fact, it's a photoshop of THIS picture. I'm guess R&T did it, or got someone to do it for them.

Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #23
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Thought I would bump up this thread so people can continue their discussion on the Camarrrrrr.... Mustang and how it looks like the Camaro to keep that other thread from completely derailing. Here is the picture that was being talked about

Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #24
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
[QUOTE=Casull;2624]PLUS it is not being forcefed with a supercharger like the GT500.... Pure displacement baby!

The exact reason the newer performance mustangs are not pure muscle cars to me, because they cant make high horsepower out of their engines with out a supercharger. Ya thats cool you have 500 hp. oh you want to make more well thats too bad because the biggest mod you can do to an engine has already been done guess youll have to crack open that engine block and start rebuilding the engine. geesss what a load of $h!+ ford has lost all clue how to make a good engine without scing it they should close up the engine r&d for the year and try again next year. GOD I HATE FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You shouldn't Hate Ford, they're one of us(american), remember? Just Dislike them A lot...

The Mustang looks sad because it knows it's about to be kicked in the ass(real hard), by one of the most celebrated Sports Cars in History, except the Vette. Also Look at it this way, the Mustang is old, it hasn't had a rest since it was created. The Camaro, however we may have disliked it, has had a wonderful 6 year Vacation in which it had a massive facelift, and built up some serious power...Poor little horsey has no chance at all...
Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #26
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Let's go get them

I wonder what Chevy thinks about it?

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #27
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
[QUOTE=ChevyNut;5021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
PLUS it is not being forcefed with a supercharger like the GT500.... Pure displacement baby!

The exact reason the newer performance mustangs are not pure muscle cars to me, because they cant make high horsepower out of their engines with out a supercharger. Ya thats cool you have 500 hp. oh you want to make more well thats too bad because the biggest mod you can do to an engine has already been done guess youll have to crack open that engine block and start rebuilding the engine. geesss what a load of $h!+ ford has lost all clue how to make a good engine without scing it they should close up the engine r&d for the year and try again next year. GOD I HATE FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is my biggest complaint about my Mustang is my puny 4.6L engine.

However, even if it is supercharged, the GT500 does have a 5.4L engine, and simple modifications and tuning can push the GT500 safely to the 600hp area without having to do anything to the engine or drivetrain.

Besides it is rumored the Camaro will be relying on a supercharger to make power for it's top model too.

Supposedly Ford is developing a new Hurricane engine series that will offer some serious upgrades to displacement, but rumors are few and it remains to be seen if they actually do make some great engines. The modular engines are not bad, they are just too small.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #28
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
that orange colored Rustang kind of resembles the new Mitsubishi Eclipse, IMO.