Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
Goodthrust

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Raymond Chevrolet... Antioch, Illinois (Great Dealer)

Ordered a IOM 2LT with ground EFX from them at the end of May. Have to tell you this has been the best experiance in car buying that I've ever had. I'm getting the Camaro for under sticker not to mention Cub tickets!!! When I ordered in May was worried that they would try and shaft me with extra fees... They didn't... I even had a clunker to trade in for the 2LT. As soon as I had a VIN they took the clunker from me... This was the big reason I choose the V6... $3500 for a car that wasn't worth $500. My salesperson Tom is a former Army vet and when he found out that my wife and I were both Vets he really went the extra mile for us. This is a first class dealership and were straight up with me from day one. I would recommend them to anyone in the area... Go see em and ask for Tom!!!! My car is sitting at Chicago Heights rail yard... We'll see it soon!!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
I tried to get a car from them, but they didn't have the inventory and I was an impulse shopper, so I drove to Ohio when I found a dealer who wouldn't rip me off with a cash for clunker trade. Raymond just wants to sell cars in volume, and that makes for a great deal for the car buyer. Enjoy the new ride! Love mine!
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodthrust View Post
Ordered a IOM 2LT with ground EFX from them at the end of May. Have to tell you this has been the best experiance in car buying that I've ever had. I'm getting the Camaro for under sticker not to mention Cub tickets!!! When I ordered in May was worried that they would try and shaft me with extra fees... They didn't... I even had a clunker to trade in for the 2LT. As soon as I had a VIN they took the clunker from me... This was the big reason I choose the V6... $3500 for a car that wasn't worth $500. My salesperson Tom is a former Army vet and when he found out that my wife and I were both Vets he really went the extra mile for us. This is a first class dealership and were straight up with me from day one. I would recommend them to anyone in the area... Go see em and ask for Tom!!!! My car is sitting at Chicago Heights rail yard... We'll see it soon!!!!
What date in May did you order? I ordered from them on May 23rd and was told they had open allocation and I'd have my car in 6-8 weeks. I just went to event code 2000 last week which was 12 weeks after I ordered.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Goodthrust

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono83 View Post
What date in May did you order? I ordered from them on May 23rd and was told they had open allocation and I'd have my car in 6-8 weeks. I just went to event code 2000 last week which was 12 weeks after I ordered.
I ordered same day. Which one did you get? I ordered the 2LT IOM with ground EFX. I called them the next day to make sure the order was in and got my order number. Took about 2 weeks for me to move to 2000.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
bono83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodthrust View Post
I ordered same day. Which one did you get? I ordered the 2LT IOM with ground EFX. I called them the next day to make sure the order was in and got my order number. Took about 2 weeks for me to move to 2000.
I ordered a ABM 1LT M6 Boston Acoustics C&C package. Pretty plane Jane, but I want to drive it almost year 'round (except for big snow storms) so I wanted the cost low and all season tires. I'm glad your deal worked out so well. I'm not happy with being told they had open allocation and not actually making 2000 until last week. They're blaming it on a guy that no longer works there. Personally, I hold the guy who told me 6-8 weeks responsible who does still work there. I expect them to make it right when I take delivery. I give them quite a bit of parts business keeping my truck with 181,000 miles running and my mini van with 130,000.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
There are Camaros at almost every dealer I pass daily around Chicago, why order?
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
bono83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
There are Camaros at almost every dealer I pass daily around Chicago, why order?
I'm picky and want mine with the exact options and colors that I want. I usually keep my cars for a long time so I'd rather wait a little longer now than sacrifice something I wanted and wish I had it for the next 15 plus years. I'm just disappointed at the false information I received when I ordered. If I was told on day one that I'd have to wait until October, I'd be ok with it since I got the price I wanted. But since they told me they had open allocation and I'd have my car in 6-8 weeks and I'm now over 12, I'm not so happy.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
I agree with buying what you want. The Camaro has so few options, and many are dealer installed, I can't see ordering. Good luck to you. I am planning on buying a commercial truck from Rockenbach Chevy and so far they have been great.
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I agree with buying what you want. The Camaro has so few options, and many are dealer installed, I can't see ordering. Good luck to you. I am planning on buying a commercial truck from Rockenbach Chevy and so far they have been great.
Let me know their price and the specs
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote