Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
camaro_uk

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
New 1LE Owner

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here, just saying hi.. I came from 'across the pond' partly because of your American V8s and muscle cars!! About 2.5 weeks ago I bought a 2015 Ashen Gray 2SS 1LE Camaro after having owned 2 C5 Corvettes, one of which was back in the UK. I love this new toy! I haven't driven it much yet as it's my weekend toy. It's much more street friendly than the Vette I had - feels 10 times better built, handles better, and soaks the bumps much better too And in gray/black it looks like Batmobile

I plan to add a few vinyl protectors around the door sill and trunk opening, maybe add some Lloyd mats (we don't really seem to have much choice), and take out the exhaust fuse. I may do something to the hood vent because I just don't like the idea of water and dust getting in there so may try to block it off, but other than that, I really don't plan on doing much to it. I plan to leave it pretty much stock and pampered

Not the best of pics attached, but you guys get the drift!

Sunny
Attached Images

camaro_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
She looks fantastic and I am not only saying that because she is a twin to mine! If you can swing the cost please go out and get some clear bra installed at least over the gill area to stop those rock chips. It is the one thing I have deeply regretted not doing right off the bat. I would also recommend leaving the hood vent as is. The tray underneath will divert water and other debris from doing any damage and it will still allow the heat and trapped air to escape from under the hood as it was designed to do.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:47 PM   #3
Elvira1le
Mistress of the dark

Drives: Black 2014 RS 2SS 1LE
The only real change I made was to put the engine cover in the garage on a shelf the day I bought it. I like the look of the real power plant and it stays pretty clean. Plus it is much more impressive than a plastic lid. GO NAKED.
Elvira1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
camaro_uk

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
Egon, I see you're also in San Diego... You don't happen to be near Mission Trails, by any chance, do you?
camaro_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #5
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Yes I am very very close to Mission Trails. You should come to the SCCA Autocross event at Qualcomm stadium on May 2nd and 3rd to at least check it out if not run in it yourself. There is another guy there that runs a 2013 1LE in black as well.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Nice car and color choice!! Welcome to the club and you will love driving her especially on the twisty sections. Be careful in cold weather with the stock tires but other than that enjoy. And I agree, get clear bra on the front and gills areas.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #7
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Gorgeous 1LE! I live in San Diego too right next to Qualcomm stadium! I'll be on the lookout for your 1LE's! Here's mine:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429715285488.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  317.7 KB
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote