Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
zrex

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray Metallic Camaro 2SS
Question Replace door lock "honk" with "beep"

I have an Acura MDX and when I lock the doors, I don't get a 'honk' but a nice beep.

I'd like to do the same on my Camaro SS.

Anyone do this before?
Anyone have experience with type of DIY?
Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks.
zrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
A beep from what exactly? I think you'd need an after market security system to change how that works.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
zrex

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray Metallic Camaro 2SS
My best guess right now is to it figure out how the door lock triggers the horn to honk and rewire it with another device that emits a beep.

I have idiot neighbours that come and go at all hours of the day with their pickup trucks every time they lock honk 2 or 3 times. This is the main reason I dislike the honk.

It might be easier to ask them to stop
zrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
I had an '01 Toyota Tundra that beeped when you locked and alarmed it. Boy, did that ever sound sissy, especially for a truck! Sometimes you couldn't hear it, depending on the background noise. I like that the Camaro has the quick horn chirp, but the remote locks and alarms the car when you only press it once. I only do the second press (with horn) usually in the daytime, when it's hard to see if the parking lights come on to verify that it's locked and alarmed.
I will say this though, the Camaro's horn IS nice and loud when it counts!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
yeah, what emits a beep on our Camaro? esp that is loud enough to hear from outside the car?

I think this DIY would be more trouble than its worth. You'd likely have to install something to beep, which means you'll have to wire it somehow....then fig out the correct wire or program that lets your horn beep and somehow disconnect that connect it to your newly installed beeper...ask the guys who install train horns on their trucks...