Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Which intake?
Injen Long Tube 2 14.29%
Cold Air Inductions Inc 12 85.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoney89 View Post
I've got the BBK for my 2013 no complaints had it for a few months. Mostly chose it because hard to get the CAI up here in Canada. It was either this or the K&N and I much preferred the one piece chrome design of this one. If I were you I would go for the Injen, that's a really great price and performance for almost all the intakes are really close, nothing you would feel anyways.
Thanks!
I was thinking CAI inc based off of what people have said on the forums but I honestly don't like how they look. I was gonna go that and the scoop/relocation kit but wouldn't I get the same results for a fraction of the price since the injen is already a long tube and gets colder air and more air I am assuming? Just don't wanna spend like 550 or whatever for intake stuff when I already spent money on my k&n
Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #16
cmoney89

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS IOM
Ya the Injen is going to be getting a better air supply. Injen will get dirtier much faster and also more of a PITA to install. That is a huge price difference though. Based on that chart the Injen is getting better gains. Plus with the money saved you can grab something else. If I may ask, what is wrong with the K&N CAI you have on your car right now? Should be around the same HP as the rest. What upgrade did you notice the best performance boost with? I was thinking I would get the ported TB next but have read both good reviews and people say it made no difference.
cmoney89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
bionick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoney89 View Post
Ya the Injen is going to be getting a better air supply. Injen will get dirtier much faster and also more of a PITA to install. That is a huge price difference though. Based on that chart the Injen is getting better gains. Plus with the money saved you can grab something else. If I may ask, what is wrong with the K&N CAI you have on your car right now? Should be around the same HP as the rest. What upgrade did you notice the best performance boost with? I was thinking I would get the ported TB next but have read both good reviews and people say it made no difference.
Well from things I have read, the k&n seems to get some bad reviews and I heard it makes your car lose power? I'm not sure of that's positive though.
I think I'll be ok with the injen and the hydro shield though!

Also, as far as the ported TB. I did feel a bit of a difference, better throttle response and a lot of people say how there is no "dead spot" in the 2k RPM range.
Since it is only rated at a few HP, you're not gonna feel a ton faster but every bit helps!
A dyno sheet for this mod was actually posted the other day claiming a 9HP increase.

Not a bad mod for $150 (after your core is returned).
I felt quite a good pull when I got the solo HFC's and the sound got quite a bit louder.
The other day I had IPF tune my car and it's pretty nice too!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #18
bionick

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286520
Old 12-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #19
Starfox634

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS1
Seems there is a lot of support for CIA air intake. That was also the intake I was going to go with when I get around to it. The charts do say others may get a small increase over it, and their cheaper. However from what I understand, CIA Ind. air intake is a amazing piece of hardware, very high quality.

Guess it comes down to personal preference.
Starfox634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
bionick

I just ordered an elite catch can since I never got one so I'll worry about the CAI a little later!

Tags
cai inc intake, injen, lfx camaro