Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
Service Tire Monitoring System

So I took a drive this evening. Went to go get a coffee and while I was on my way, I get a ding ding ding and look down and displayed is

Service Tire Monitoring System (shitty picture below)

I checked all the air pressure in the tires but wouldn't a low air just throw a check tire pressure and not the error I got?
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Try to reset it. I am having the same issue with my rear sensors. My car is 4 years old with nearly 90 k on it.

If the reset does not work let the dealer fix it.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Try to reset it. I am having the same issue with my rear sensors. My car is 4 years old with nearly 90 k on it.

If the reset does not work let the dealer fix it.
K will do. Mine is brand new under 1k miles.
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #4
bkscott

Well yesterday I took my own advice and did the manual reset of the system, and so far the code has not come back.

I hope this fixed it, cause the sensors are not cheap.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
J-vette

Drives: '14 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Well yesterday I took my own advice and did the manual reset of the system, and so far the code has not come back.

I hope this fixed it, cause the sensors are not cheap.
So how do/did you reset it? I need to reset mine as I put a different set of factory on it.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #6
bkscott

I have the older setup so I don't know if it will apply to you, but I put it in Relearn/reset mode via the DIC. Then went to each tire and let some air out till the horn beeped.

DF/PF/DR/PR is the order I used.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
Stittville Ed

Drives: 2012 Camaro
The 2012 and newer need a relearn tool.

This is what I have but paid about $50

http://www.shopfreedomracing.com/Tir...8-EL-50448.htm
Stittville Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Yes, the newer Camaro's require a relearn tool.

Your vehicle is under warranty, BTW. It's something the dealer should investigate and repair at no charge. Never should you have to relearn the sensors to the vehicle unless you had one replaced or you've rotated the tires (which you probably won't on your SS).
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hta1 View Post
So I took a drive this evening. Went to go get a coffee and while I was on my way, I get a ding ding ding and look down and displayed is

I checked all the air pressure in the tires but wouldn't a low air just throw a check tire pressure and not the error I got?
M3hta1,

I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a TMS concern like this, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel an official diagnosis is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
bkscott

Ended up replacing my 2 rears. Got about 90k out of them before they began to fail.