Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #29
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
Price has nothing to do with my argument. I just find it funny that so many people think the GTR is a unstoppable monster that rapes everything, which it's not. Fast car? Yes. Nice car? Yes. Good for the money? Certainly. Unstoppable? No.
It's not unstoppable, it's just an impressive amount of performance and technology for the money. It competes with cars three times it's price. Next closes car to it in performance and class is the 911 Turbo. What else can you get that carries 4, has usable space in the trunk, and goes 10s in the 1/4 mile stock? Not many options out there. The fact that it also performs better, or on par, against cars with semi slick tires, or exotics that were the pinnacle of automotive performance envelope before this thing came out, is very impressive. It did to the automotive industry the same thing that the C5 and the C6 Z06 did when they came out. All of a sudden, you have a "reasonably" affordable car offering super car performance.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #30
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
It's not unstoppable, it's just an impressive amount of performance and technology for the money. It competes with cars three times it's price. Next closes car to it in performance and class is the 911 Turbo. What else can you get that carries 4, has usable space in the trunk, and goes 10s in the 1/4 mile stock? Not many options out there. The fact that it also performs better, or on par, against cars with semi slick tires, or exotics that were the pinnacle of automotive performance envelope before this thing came out, is very impressive. It did to the automotive industry the same thing that the C5 and the C6 Z06 did when they came out. All of a sudden, you have a "reasonably" affordable car offering super car performance.
This.

I can respect the GTR, I just don't like the looks of them.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #31
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Performance wise, I think Ford definitely has to play catch up. It doesn't matter what they have done with the Mustang, as it stands right now, even the regular FE4 updated SS Camaros I think would best a GT Track Pack, let alone a 1LE. Ford has no answer to the ZL1 either, let alone a Z/28. Boss 302 was better then the Mustangs of it's generation, but it is not a better performer than the cheaper and much quicker 1LE. Which one would I buy in 2013 if I had the choice all over again? Honestly, probably the Mustang again. I fit in it much better, especially during track events when I have a helmet on. I can't wait for the new Mustang to come out, as well as the next gen Camaro, and I also can't wait to get my hands on a new C7 to drive as well. It's great to be a car guy nowadays. Hopefully Ford's next Mustang will have a well sorted IRS, and not that hack job they stuck in the Terminators.
Ford has something up their sleeves to challenge the Z/28... it's a cat & mouse game. I love the new C7... liked it back on 1/13/13. Saw it in CHI auto show and everyday recently at Barrett-Jackson including the CGM 'vert. The coupe is my preference though. I'm glad the musclecar days are back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
The GTR guys will never stop improving. Whether they get beat or not.
Agree. Plus, Nissan will always go all out on their flagship exotic sports car. The aftermarket firms will take it to the highest levels again & again...
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote