Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Well...I guess they have to do something to get people watching the sport again...
Old 05-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Well...I guess they have to do something to get people watching the sport again...
ohhh Lebron James has done that
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Fisher is awesome! He took that guy hard! Right now it me (Lakers fan) vs my brother (Rockets fan) lol
Old 05-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #18
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
ohhh Lebron James has done that
you mean the media has done that....LJ23 is an amazing player but the nba and stern hyped him too much as the next jordan or better when he isnt and hasnt earned that title of king.....wade lj and melo all made people watch again.

and kobe is overated on defense and the fisher blow? it's called flopping, veraja is the king right now at that and the legend is former laker/sacramento king center vlade divac.

ron artest is a hardnosed defender.....has some anger issues but a great defender nonetheless.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #19
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
you mean the media has done that....LJ23 is an amazing player but the nba and stern hyped him too much as the next jordan or better when he isnt and hasnt earned that title of king.....wade lj and melo all made people watch again.

and kobe is overated on defense and the fisher blow? it's called flopping, veraja is the king right now at that and the legend is former laker/sacramento king center vlade divac.

ron artest is a hardnosed defender.....has some anger issues but a great defender nonetheless.
what? Lebron is nearly unstopable, I'd say he deserves all the hype. By the time all is said and done he will be up there with MJ.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 05-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
diddiyo

Drives: .
i used to love basketball. i used to play and watch it all the time. but at some point i lost interest. i don't like the gangsta-attitude of a lot of players nowadays. i think it all kinda started to go downhill when the allen iverson-sweatband-generation joined the league...
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #21
kevin2323

Quote:
what? Lebron is nearly unstopable, I'd say he deserves all the hype. By the time all is said and done he will be up there with MJ.
yeah hes unstopable yet he hasnt won a ring? wade has won one and did it while carrying the team through the playoffs INCLUDING shaq. something kobe didnt do. LJ will be up there with jordan but he wont reach him or pass him imo. neither will wade you will see these guys go down in history as greats but unlike kobe they dont copy jordan with the tongue, speach, or try to one up jordan by wearing 24 lol. And yes bron has lived up to the hype to a point..not the overhype of the king or the chosen one...that is EARNED not GIVEN to a player.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #22
GatorBlue371

Quote:
yeah hes unstopable yet he hasnt won a ring? wade has won one and did it while carrying the team through the playoffs INCLUDING shaq. something kobe didnt do. LJ will be up there with jordan but he wont reach him or pass him imo. neither will wade you will see these guys go down in history as greats but unlike kobe they dont copy jordan with the tongue, speach, or try to one up jordan by wearing 24 lol. And yes bron has lived up to the hype to a point..not the overhype of the king or the chosen one...that is EARNED not GIVEN to a player.
you can't label him 'unworthy' based on his not being able to win a championship with a (before this year) sub par team. He got to 10k PTs faster than michael or Kobe, while setting countless records in the mean time. He should have his first ring after this year, and he is only what, 23? He isn't there yet but he is on his way to become one of the best to ever play the game.

PS Michael couldn't do it without pippen and Rodman
Old 05-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #23
kevin2323

Quote:
you can't label him 'unworthy' based on his not being able to win a championship with a (before this year) sub par team. He got to 10k PTs faster than michael or Kobe, while setting countless records in the mean time. He should have his first ring after this year, and he is only what, 23? He isn't there yet but he is on his way to become one of the best to ever play the game.

PS Michael couldn't do it without pippen and Rodman
just because you score 10k points the fastest isnt how i base greatest of all time....jordan was a beast all the years before a championship....then he got pippen and won 6 in a row(he never played baseball in my eyes lol) you always need a second man and mo williams was the best thing to happen to the cavs. bron will never be considered the greatest untill he carries a team to a championship(he did it until he lost to the spurs) but until he wins 6 rings and has as many clutch shots as jordan(bron is a choker in the clutch) then he does not deserve to be called the greatest or the king ect ect. if we go by your judging then wade is king right now since he got a ring faster than bron while carrying the team as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #24
GatorBlue371

Quote:
just because you score 10k points the fastest isnt how i base greatest of all time....jordan was a beast all the years before a championship....then he got pippen and won 6 in a row(he never played baseball in my eyes lol) you always need a second man and mo williams was the best thing to happen to the cavs. bron will never be considered the greatest untill he carries a team to a championship(he did it until he lost to the spurs) but until he wins 6 rings and has as many clutch shots as jordan(bron is a choker in the clutch) then he does not deserve to be called the greatest or the king ect ect. if we go by your judging then wade is king right now since he got a ring faster than bron while carrying the team as well.
I am posting from an iPhone right now, expect a full reply later tonight

PS you cant argue Dwayne carried that team... Shaq didjust as much. Evidence? What have the heat done since shaq left?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #25
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
how about the shot LB23 made last night before the end of the first half...just posted up inside half-court and drained it like it was nothing!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #26
kevin2323

Quote:
I am posting from an iPhone right now, expect a full reply later tonight

PS you cant argue Dwayne carried that team... Shaq didjust as much. Evidence? What have the heat done since shaq left?
it is a team game but look at the heat without just wade.....15 wins....and with wade 44 wins....you take away bron from the cavs they still make the playoffs ...same goes for bryant and the lakers. did you not see the jordanesque game wade portrayed in the 06 finals? that was all mainly him and of course he actually had a decent supporting cast.....kapono(who took the money and ran just like rafer austin) james posey( hops from one potential championship team to another aka robert horry) and of course shaq who is what the heat need now A CENTER....o and we had a veteran point guard instead of a rookie starting point guard. all i know is bron better win the championship this year...especially with a kevin garnetless celts....just like he did last year he had a inured pistons roster to get through to get to the finals...cakewalk...wade had the chapionship pistons team...looks like cavs are getting a crap defending champs roster again. either way i give props to him and i hope he destroys the hawks so they see what happens when you face a team of veterans with a superstar like wade. not the inexperienced team we had this year(heat)
Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #27
GatorBlue371

Quote:
it is a team game but look at the heat without just wade.....15 wins....and with wade 44 wins....you take away bron from the cavs they still make the playoffs ...same goes for bryant and the lakers. did you not see the jordanesque game wade portrayed in the 06 finals? that was all mainly him and of course he actually had a decent supporting cast.....kapono(who took the money and ran just like rafer austin) james posey( hops from one potential championship team to another aka robert horry) and of course shaq who is what the heat need now A CENTER....o and we had a veteran point guard instead of a rookie starting point guard. all i know is bron better win the championship this year...especially with a kevin garnetless celts....just like he did last year he had a inured pistons roster to get through to get to the finals...cakewalk...wade had the chapionship pistons team...looks like cavs are getting a crap defending champs roster again. either way i give props to him and i hope he destroys the hawks so they see what happens when you face a team of veterans with a superstar like wade. not the inexperienced team we had this year(heat)

Believe it or not, Wade (in my opinion) is the most complete player out of Wade/Lebron/Kobe. However, he is not the BEST basketball player, and is the least gifted of the group.

The Game of basketball is a team game, No ONE player can dominate and carry a team by himself. Not Michael Jordan, Not Lebron, Not Wade, No one. Great example... Wilt Chamberlain. The guy put up 100 pts in one game. The guy WAS the team, the fact that other members of that team are remembered is just because he made them that good. The guy was the best big man to ever play the game... BUT. Bill Russel and the Celtics got all the rings because they were the better team. For you to hold the 'no rings' against Lebron is not a valid argument. Besides... Hes only 23.

I could go on and print out a page full of things that Lebron has done by age 23 that MJ had not yet done. And that includes win MVP of the league. However im not here to argue he is better than MJ, im just saying he has the potential to be that good and he deserves the hype.

You know what happens to players who receive but dont deserve the hype? Ask Sebastian Telflair. They immediately fade away, the country moves on to the 'next big thing'. But Lebron is different, he has established himself as one of the best athletes in the world. The best player in the best basketball league in the world, by 23 years old.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #28
kevin2323

Quote:
Believe it or not, Wade (in my opinion) is the most complete player out of Wade/Lebron/Kobe. However, he is not the BEST basketball player, and is the least gifted of the group.

The Game of basketball is a team game, No ONE player can dominate and carry a team by himself. Not Michael Jordan, Not Lebron, Not Wade, No one. Great example... Wilt Chamberlain. The guy put up 100 pts in one game. The guy WAS the team, the fact that other members of that team are remembered is just because he made them that good. The guy was the best big man to ever play the game... BUT. Bill Russel and the Celtics got all the rings because they were the better team. For you to hold the 'no rings' against Lebron is not a valid argument. Besides... Hes only 23.

I could go on and print out a page full of things that Lebron has done by age 23 that MJ had not yet done. And that includes win MVP of the league. However im not here to argue he is better than MJ, im just saying he has the potential to be that good and he deserves the hype.

You know what happens to players who receive but dont deserve the hype? Ask Sebastian Telflair. They immediately fade away, the country moves on to the 'next big thing'. But Lebron is different, he has established himself as one of the best athletes in the world. The best player in the best basketball league in the world, by 23 years old.
i agree with u on everything except the age argument....i go by seasons ...lebron chose to come to the league straight from highschool...jordan played in unc....look at the things jordan did in his dirst 4 seasons...its rediculous he was the best overall player defensively and offensively...and that is what wade has become and hopefully bron will get there too defensively...btw i hope you agree with me that wade completely got snubbed getting all nba defensive second team instead of first...funny thing the second team defensively is better than the first team. that is why i dont pay attention to awards in the nba anymore it's all bias. you are right wade is a great athlete but bron is a monster....a power foward who is comfortable at any position and has a weight and height advantage over wade. for me wade is more clutch bron is a slightly better shooter.
all in all the nba is fun to watch right now....