Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Ground effects - worth it?

Just wanted some feedback from those that have the cars, did you get ground effects? Why or why not? Would you do differently if you had to order again? Do you feel they're worth $2,265?

From photos I've seen it looks like the car isn't missing anything if you don't opt for it. I'm assuming, since it's a dealer installed option, you could get ground effects later if you really wanted them? If not from the dealer, then a third party manufacturer?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
GSmithPharmD08
Banned

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
Just wanted some feedback from those that have the cars, did you get ground effects? Why or why not? Would you do differently if you had to order again? Do you feel they're worth $2,265?

From photos I've seen it looks like the car isn't missing anything if you don't opt for it. I'm assuming, since it's a dealer installed option, you could get ground effects later if you really wanted them? If not from the dealer, then a third party manufacturer?
This is something I racked my brain for the better part of a couple of weeks before my common sense gave me the answer...

The look of the effects is undeniably awesome, especially with the back end of the car. There are anecdotal reports that it creates some sort of down force for the car and actually gives some functionality.

But when you look at what it is (Extra plastic for the sides of the car) and for the price they want ($2,265), it really makes that cost hard to swallow... So like I said, for me it was common sense. Why am I paying 2Gs for extra plastic... That money can go a long way on some other mods you may want to do for the car...

Just my $.02

-Greg
GSmithPharmD08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
djthriller
djthriller

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSmithPharmD08 View Post
This is something I racked my brain for the better part of a couple of weeks before my common sense gave me the answer...

The look of the effects is undeniably awesome, especially with the back end of the car. There are anecdotal reports that it creates some sort of down force for the car and actually gives some functionality.

But when you look at what it is (Extra plastic for the sides of the car) and for the price they want ($2,265), it really makes that cost hard to swallow... So like I said, for me it was common sense. Why am I paying 2Gs for extra plastic... That money can go a long way on some other mods you may want to do for the car...

Just my $.02

-Greg
Good feedback.

It's 2,265 minimum. Depending on the color of the Camaro, you may want to paint it to match. I would spend the money on mods. If I had about $5,000, I'd mod and go with the ground effects.

My problem is I live in Houston, land of the pot hole. Ground effects wouldn't have much of a chance.
djthriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I personally don't like the ground effects. I think it makes the car look clunky. Others do like it. It's a personal peference I do think it's very expensive.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
jmurzzy911

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to jmurzzy911
I think the only way to go is get them painted (if you get them). The price is too high for what you actually get IMO
Old 11-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I too, thought long and hard about the money. I finally decided that I really liked the car with the gfx. The only thing I didn't like was the oddly oversized trapezoidal shaped openings. I solved this problem by having them painted to match the gray of the gfx. Now I'm glad I bought them. Personally, I love the car with.

Andy
Old 11-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
If you get them you have to paint them. they look like a cheap add on if they are unpainted. May as well budget 3,000 for them.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
no
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Didn't interest me at all.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
gatortalk
UFchamps08

Drives: 99 Chevy Z71, '10 IOM SS, '67 coupe
I really went back and forth over my decision before I decided to get them.... In hindsight I probably wouldnt do it again, but I really like the fact that because they are pricey, I have yet to see another one w/them.....And thats kinda cool
gatortalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I like 'em!
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I would have gotten the RS package before the ground effects.. I don't really like how they are made...
Old 11-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
I personally dont think they are worth it. I do however like the look of the rear dam. I did not order them on my car.
Cheers
Kinley
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I went back and forth on the GFX as well. In the end, I got them. Note that the GFX are no lower than the Camaro without the GFX. It the front piece that you need to be careful with when approaching a driveway or pulling into a parking space that has a concrete wheel stop or curb.
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote