Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #309
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02pewtersix View Post
Hey Sean it was great meeting you out there and seeing you guys get involved with the camaro club. Hope to see you around again soon
Great meeting you too, we had a blast! The Texas Camaro events are always a great time!!
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #310
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Mike you need to check the Fest grudge match thread.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #311
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 View Post
So what were the best ETs of the day?
Not good... I'll post up later but we had one 4th gen car doing 10.9X. Blew two motors and a couple of the fast 5TH GENS and twisted an aftermarket drive shaft on the first pass of one of the new LSX builds. Dangeruss couldn't get traction so he was in the low 11's.

Not a good day for times. Stuff just didn't come together... The bolt-on class was beating up on the power adder class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Mike you need to check the Fest grudge match thread.
Uh Ooooooo this can't be good...
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #312
Our Nightmare
Stock??? LOL

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Posting Videos over @ Pics & Videos from the TCN2011
Old 10-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #313
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Not a good day for times. Stuff just didn't come together...
Yea...I had a rough one. I went back and looked at my videos and my burnouts just sucked. I should've stopped and told the guys to put more water down in the right lane, but I had way too much going on in my head when I pulled up. The right lane was also where both motors blew, so I was worried about their still being some oil over there. I tried several times to get the left lane, but they wouldn't let me (even on a bye run).

No excuses...I just couldn't get it to stick. My best run was an 11.21 @ 127.48 mph (sliding all the way down). Still had a blast, and it was a great day to break in the new LSX.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #314
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Hey Guys had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Gotta give a shout out to H-Town Guys and Gals, great meet and to ARD. On my first qualifying run (and consequently last run of the day), EAGLE6 decided that it really didn't need the center of my clutch and turned it into scrap metal on the 3-4 shift. Ok get the picture, I'm in TX on my new job and my home is actually in GA, so regardless, I'm 290 miles from my nearest bed and the car aint having none of it. Here comes the CAV and hooks me up with the ARD crew (with alot of help from H-Town), and probably the greatest CAN DO attitude from the tiredest group of people I've ever seen. Got the car in the box and taken to ARD, and after a quick look, last night (yes night), Owen told me, we'll get you home tomorrow and Jay and Marissa executed that plan perfectly this morning and afternoon, and I am happy to report that I am back in beautiful Greenville TX, with a new clutch, running fine. Thanks to everyone and see you again soon!
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #315
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
Hey Guys had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Gotta give a shout out to H-Town Guys and Gals, great meet and to ARD. On my first qualifying run (and consequently last run of the day), EAGLE6 decided that it really didn't need the center of my clutch and turned it into scrap metal on the 3-4 shift. Ok get the picture, I'm in TX on my new job and my home is actually in GA, so regardless, I'm 290 miles from my nearest bed and the car aint having none of it. Here comes the CAV and hooks me up with the ARD crew (with alot of help from H-Town), and probably the greatest CAN DO attitude from the tiredest group of people I've ever seen. Got the car in the box and taken to ARD, and after a quick look, last night (yes night), Owen told me, we'll get you home tomorrow and Jay and Marissa executed that plan perfectly this morning and afternoon, and I am happy to report that I am back in beautiful Greenville TX, with a new clutch, running fine. Thanks to everyone and see you again soon!
WoW...great report and way to get er done ARD... I know it's much better going home with your car than leaving it at a shop and having to come back. I was literally sleeping at my desk today and I can't possibly imagine how they did it. Kudos to all involved with this one...
Old 10-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #316
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Quote:
WoW...great report and way to get er done ARD... I know it's much better going home with your car than leaving it at a shop and having to come back. I was literally sleeping at my desk today and I can't possibly imagine how they did it. Kudos to all involved with this one...
Definitely Got It Done! Interesting accomodations last night, don't get me wrong very clean and comfortable, affordable, and I would stay there again, but when you can rent it by the Hour, and the mustard colored walls, lead to baby blue skies with clouds, now that is living...
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #317
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Quote:
If there is such a thing as the "Above and Beyond Award" ARD should get it, once again, THANKS!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #318
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
If there is such a thing as the "Above and Beyond Award" ARD should get it, once again, THANKS!
Agree 100%.

Those guys need like a 5wk vacation to recover from the Texas Camaro Nationals prep and weekend.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #319
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Definitely Got It Done! Interesting accomodations last night, don't get me wrong very clean and comfortable, affordable, and I would stay there again, but when you can rent it by the Hour, and the mustard colored walls, lead to baby blue skies with clouds, now that is living...
Quote:
as you found out, FIRST HAND, the guys and gals at ARD are top notch, and second to none.....

if you would have seen OWEN in one of his REGULAR uniforms...insted of his track/shop duds....you would have known the quality of folks you would been dealing with just by looking at him.

or
Old 10-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #320
Sales@Hennessey

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
WOW... Sad thing is that I know what you are talking about... When I flew here in 2007 to do some tuning on Mopars, I got that place too! Did you use the black light too?
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #321
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
lol
Old 10-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #322
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
I too had an AWESOME time at the Texas Camaro Nationals. 3 of us from Dallas rolled into ARD around 11:00am and spent most of the afternoon at the Dyno Day and Car Show, we left and went to hotel to get cleaned up for dinner at Frankenstein's. We hung out and had a great time with some old friends and made some new ones !! On Sunday my first 2 runs out of the gate were my best runs ever. I ran a 11.16 @ 128mph and a 11.18 @127mph, but didn't do much after that. I missed a shift during the Top 16 qualifying and then when it came to bracket racing I red-lighted !!

Thanks to all the men/women of the H-Town Camaro Club and at ARD for the hospitality that was shown to all of us out-of-towners. We really felt welcomed.

Thanks to Hennessey for letting us use the track. The prep at the track was nothing short of pure awesomness!! I look forward to coming back down for next years event !!

My hats off to everyone involved with this event, I couldn't have had a better time !!

Last edited by Camaro21; 10-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote