Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #43
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
I know this might be a stupid question but...why don't you just cut them?
The ends are crimped on, so I would need new ends and have a shop re-crimp them on. Plus I like the look of hard lines so it will be something I can upgrade. The kit lines get it up & running until more mod money comes along...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #44
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Drives: yellow camaro, black stripes
I been using nitrous for 4 months now and had no problems. What what I learn, as long as you have everything set up right , you shouldn't have any issues. I don't have a window switch or bottle heater or any of that. I still get good results. All I have is a push button.. im sure a purge kit looks cool but I been told it doesn't make too much of a difference. I have a 2012 ls and i been running a 100 shot. I wouldn't do any higher unless ur gonna upgrade parts.
Reggiocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #45
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
I been using nitrous for 4 months now and had no problems. What what I learn, as long as you have everything set up right , you shouldn't have any issues. I don't have a window switch or bottle heater or any of that. I still get good results. All I have is a push button.. im sure a purge kit looks cool but I been told it doesn't make too much of a difference. I have a 2012 ls and i been running a 100 shot. I wouldn't do any higher unless ur gonna upgrade parts.
if you bracket race a bottle heater and purge valve are invaluable as it will give you much more consistent results from run to run...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #46
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I would not put NOS on a daily driver. Your prices are way off, and they are not similar at all. Turbos and superchargers are a lot less harmful to your engine, and have constant power increase instead of short bursts... I just wouldn't do it. A supercharger kit might cost a hell of a lot more, but if this is a car you really want to modify then the supercharger is what you need. Don't cut corners unless you plan on destroying your engine.

I feel bad for the sap who gets your sprayed camaro once you trade up, and by trade up I assume you mean that you will sell privately
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote