Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
M Miller69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Need tips on detailing Rotors/Calipers SS

Just got new rims and tires and am now able to see how crappy the rotor centers and calipers look. Would like to go Red with the caliper any way to paint these? I know powdercoat is best, but dont have the time and coin to get that fancy. Up for input on what others have done to dress there's up.
Attached Images

10' 2SS
MPD1 Hood
MPD1 spoiler
SS front splitter

SW lt Headers
VMaxx porteds TB
JRE 93 octane tune
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Mike the Powder Coater seems to have dialed in the Brembo SS caliper market. You could use one of the caliper paint kits too, but they are not as good a powder coat. G2 has a custom paint match kit available. I am sure there are more available.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Digging the wheels...good choice! IMO, silver calipers a la the CTS-V would look pretty sick. Think contrast. Red on red may not *pop* the same.
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
There is some nice caliper paint available at many auto part stores. Take your time on the clean and prep work and you will get some good results. I would recommend a wire brush and red scotch brite pad to clean the calipers. You can use a wire brush to clean up the hubs. Then you can finish up with some Brembo decals. The end result looks great.

MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Love the wheels, your calipers and rotors look pretty clean to me but I understand wanting to make them pop.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
M Miller69

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Love the wheels, your calipers and rotors look pretty clean to me but I understand wanting to make them pop.
Thanks.

10' 2SS
MPD1 Hood
MPD1 spoiler
SS front splitter

SW lt Headers
VMaxx porteds TB
JRE 93 octane tune
Old 06-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Where can the Brembo decals be bought from.
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had a local sign shop make them. Got the image online then gave them the dimensions. You may find some on ebay.
MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
Bill Waters

Drives: 2011 RS/SS; 1965 Cobra Factory Five
Eastwood has an excellent product which a brake caliper painting kit. It has all the cleaning supplies and the 2 - part, high-temperature ceramic paint you need to do a pair of calipers.

I'm building an AC Cobra replica and used this product to paint a pair of plain-Jane aluminum calipers from a Mustang GT for that project. It really transformed the calipers and the appearance of the car.

You will have to decide how you want to handle the Brembo lettering on the caliper. You may wish to paint the lettering in a different color. Some people paint the entire caliper and then use a fine file to remove the paint off the tops of the raised lettering, leaving the contrasting aluminum to define the letters rather than contrasting paint. Anyway, hope this helps. By the way, you use an included small brush to paint the calipers after preparation, as the paint is pretty much self-leveling. It is not necessary to remove the calipers to do this job if you are careful. Good luck.

Bill
Bill Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
M Miller69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Waters View Post
Eastwood has an excellent product which a brake caliper painting kit. It has all the cleaning supplies and the 2 - part, high-temperature ceramic paint you need to do a pair of calipers.

I'm building an AC Cobra replica and used this product to paint a pair of plain-Jane aluminum calipers from a Mustang GT for that project. It really transformed the calipers and the appearance of the car.

You will have to decide how you want to handle the Brembo lettering on the caliper. You may wish to paint the lettering in a different color. Some people paint the entire caliper and then use a fine file to remove the paint off the tops of the raised lettering, leaving the contrasting aluminum to define the letters rather than contrasting paint. Anyway, hope this helps. By the way, you use an included small brush to paint the calipers after preparation, as the paint is pretty much self-leveling. It is not necessary to remove the calipers to do this job if you are careful. Good luck.

Bill

Thanks, I will look into this kit.

10' 2SS
MPD1 Hood
MPD1 spoiler
SS front splitter

SW lt Headers
VMaxx porteds TB
JRE 93 octane tune