Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #43
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
I got it from here: http://musclecars.howstuffworks.com/...camaro-z28.htm

If anyone can find more official weights that would be awesome.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #44
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
3120, according to hemmings..
Link

the ZL1 was 3368 according to a C&D article copy
Link
Old 04-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #45
PatientlyWaiting
Current 3rd Gen Owner

Drives: See Signature.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Thank you very much, sir.

One "small" question...

I am 6'7" tall, do you think I'm going to be comfortable in the new Camaro?

Thanks again!
Damn! I didn't know they stacked Sh*t that high! Just Kidin' man I swear to god I am 6'7" also, and waiting for this car, that is my biggest concern, is the amount of headroom in this thing, My friend has a '07 White Shelby GT and Headroom wise in it is cool, But man, I'm really wanting the Camaro!
PatientlyWaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #46
1st Gen Forever
ZL1 #140

Drives: Camaros: 68 SS, 10 2SS/RS, 12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
The 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Specifications
Wheelbase, inches: 108.1
Weight, lbs: 3,765

so we can expect wieght to be in the 3800-3900 range
My '68 SS396 weighs closer to 3400. And thats with an iron big block and all fluids. Cant remember how full the gas tank was. Weighed it when the Air Force moved me. Had to weigh my household goods so I threw the Camaro up on the scale!
1st Gen Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #47
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprhead5 View Post
If I recall the gt500 dosn't do all that well when it comes to dyno runs and track handling. so says top gear but clarkson is bias against american cars
Clarkson's favorite car was the Ford GT which he bought and drove for himself for many years so he isn't really biased against American car's. The show makes fun of every car pretty much and has a professional former race car driver test all the vehicles around a little test track where handling is more important than being very fast.

Below is a funny article from the Top Gear website. If you are curious, youtube has pretty much all the clips of the show and most of them are very funny. These two are my favorites... The Ford GT clip is a very good one as well and shows you what the show is about.

very funny, world's smallest car

review of hummer h1 and h2

Mustang GT500 review

Ford GT

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2745/

Last edited by Supermans; 04-07-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #48
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
Once again I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, UNFORTUNATELY I'm not going to be able to give anymore tours at this time.

I don't expect the guys that came here to not report what you've seen as I would do the same if I were in your shoes. I completely understand. There's just too much to try to keep under wraps at the grounds and I've created stress for some great employees there and it was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

So again I apologize but no more tours. :(
That sucks Punchy, the last thing we wanted to do is cause any stress for anyone there. We are very glad for what you were able to do for us. Hopefully there will be another time soon when you can give others tours like you gave us.

Last edited by bouncertime; 04-08-2008 at 02:28 AM.
bouncertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #49
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
3120, according to hemmings..
Link

the ZL1 was 3368 according to a C&D article copy
Link
Thats awesome. If the full package 5th gen rolls in at 3500-3600 I will be more than happy.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #50
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
To me it looked roomier than a mustang, but I think that was mostly because the center console was lower. In a mustang the console is basically at elbow height when sitting in it, in the camaro it looked like the console only just came above the seat bolster.
Okay, this is not good news for me. I really like the height of the center console in my Mustang. I actually put quite a bit of weight on it resting my elbow there. Is it confirmed that the center console is lower than the driver's elbow will typically be? Or, is there a possibility that there will be a padded console cover that will provide support and balance when cornering, etc?
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #51
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
when diarmadhi asked about the weight and they said under 4000 lbs. they said it had a lot to do with safety and wiring. right after that i said "can i get 3700" and they kind of chuckled. i don't know if they did that because they didn't know how much it weight for sure, or because they weren't going to answer that.
one thing.... did anybody there listen to the camaro the truck driver was moving? i didn't but that was when we were all talking about the paddle shifters.
and i'm not sure if it was "bluetooth" or not, but it was a button that had a phone on the steering wheel. so at least we know that there will be some sort of hands free cell phone device. "bluetooth" is just the first thing that came to my mind when i was it.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #52
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
Once again I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, UNFORTUNATELY I'm not going to be able to give anymore tours at this time.

I don't expect the guys that came here to not report what you've seen as I would do the same if I were in your shoes. I completely understand. There's just too much to try to keep under wraps at the grounds and I've created stress for some great employees there and it was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

So again I apologize but no more tours. :(
Not that I can speak for the guys on the tour with you. But, I'm sure we all hope that no one at your place of work was upset. I'm sure GM feels like it's trying to hold a melting glob of Jello in their bare hands where keeping the camaro info a secret is concerned. We wouldn't want to add to that stress... Hopefully all is well at the proving grounds.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #53
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by swazworth View Post
i'm not sure if it was "bluetooth" or not, but it was a button that had a phone on the steering wheel.
I think that's part of OnStar, being able to route a phone call through the stereo. I believe my dad's Chevy truck had that, but it was a few years ago and my memory's not that great.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #54
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
The 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Specifications
Wheelbase, inches: 108.1
Weight, lbs: 3,765

so we can expect wieght to be in the 3800-3900 range
'69 Camaro weight 3,105 lbs. per Chassis Service Manual. It would actually be closer to 3,300 lbs. as an L-48 coupe is 3,200 lbs. not counting options like power steering, power brakes, radio, etc. I seem to recall my '69 Z/28 weighing around 3,350 lbs.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #55
ttownss

Drives: 1999 Arctic White Camaro SS
This is my first time posting though i follow a lot of what goes on on this site. I just about died when I read that you guys got to go in the proving grounds. I drive by and just drool! Is there really another group going on friday? I would quit my job to go! Please let me know if there is a way that I can gert in there!
ttownss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #56
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Unfortunately, there will not be a second round. Punchy said it a few posts up.