Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #15
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
My nephew sells bmws part time, sold many m5 and m6 and was dumbfounded on how a 1le could beat them on a track.
Chevy went hard to the hoop to make this a great track car. Al Oppenheiser's videos talk about it clearly. There's been a lot of discussion that the 1LE isn't a product, it's just an option. But on Chevy's Facebook page they list the 1LE as a product right next to the ZL1! And they supposedly have no production cap on the car. I get the sense that are waiting and seeing what happens with the car during track results and how the public reacts. I think we're reacting quite nicely.

And it's amazing how many people stop me and say something about this car. Two days ago I went to the dealer for something. People were walking up to the car, looking in, walking around. As I waited for the service writer one guy circled the car 3 or 4 times and didn't take his eyes off it for ten minutes. Next a father and his boy walk around it and stared at it. The boy even caressed the mirror. At the auto part store today, a couple guys in a mustang were being effusive about the way the car looks. In a 'stang! And yesterday while driving past a bus stop, some mom and friend with her baby in a stroller yelled out, "That's sweet! Tricked out!".

Finally, this car with the dual-mode exhaust, just sounds amazing. I've heard and drove tuned German cars and there's nothing quite like the V8 sound of a small block chevy!
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #16
Dueclaws

Drives: '14 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
I hate on people with BMWs because 99 out of a 100 along with Mercedes and Lexus drivers believe they own the road because of their "status" cars. You don't know how many times I've been cut off by one of those 3 because most of them all feel they earn the right to the road over everyone else.
Hey: don't generalize your hate too much. I have a Mercedes (E550 C 2012) and get a new Camaro every year: at least while I'm employed at TMS. I love the Camaros and the twin-turbo Benz is fun too, but in a different way.
Dueclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
but who is really winning ? I would say the guy with the two new M models.

just a thought haha.
This

Yours truly BMW M5 owner.

Take that one 1LE to a mile run and watch your grin fade to tears...
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
One Man wins over another Man because he has two expensive cars?

Ha, I say drop the pants and count the lipstick marks, let's see who's actually "WINNING"!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #19
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueclaws View Post
Hey: don't generalize your hate too much. I have a Mercedes (E550 C 2012) and get a new Camaro every year: at least while I'm employed at TMS. I love the Camaros and the twin-turbo Benz is fun too, but in a different way.
You may be that 1% but I'm speaking mainly from experience.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #20
lexlueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
One Man wins over another Man because he has two expensive cars?

Ha, I say drop the pants and count the lipstick marks, let's see who's actually "WINNING"!
Dropping another mans pants...Your on your own with that.
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i really don't see why you hate on people with BMWs.
i have a 328i nothing really crazy, its my DD. it handles and feels better on the road over my mothers CTS, and my camaro.

its my first BMW, and i can see why people get them.
That probably wasn't fair.I dislike(hate)anyone with celebrity type arrogance nothing turns me off more,and here in Calif.we have too much of that.It seems that more then anyone they drive in the fast lane and seem to think that they dont have to move right,thats all i meant.So lets be fair,i hate anyone in the fast lane
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #22
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Thread of the day. Why? Someone agreed with mikeSS don't think I have ever seen that before.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
That probably wasn't fair.I dislike(hate)anyone with celebrity type arrogance nothing turns me off more,and here in Calif.we have too much of that.It seems that more then anyone they drive in the fast lane and seem to think that they dont have to move right,thats all i meant.So lets be air,i hate anyone in the fast lane
the fast lane hogging happens a lot here in the Northeast. Plenty of people with poor driving aptitude, not something that is emphasized in drivers ed. :(

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #24
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
That probably wasn't fair.I dislike(hate)anyone with celebrity type arrogance nothing turns me off more,and here in Calif.we have too much of that.It seems that more then anyone they drive in the fast lane and seem to think that they dont have to move right,thats all i meant.So lets be fair,i hate anyone in the fast lane
Sh^t. Don't apologize. BMW drivers are KNOWN for their persona. This in Marketing is a known brand image. Good or bad there's an image to everything and people are associated to it. iPhone users. Android users. "I'm a Mac." "I'm a PC." Jack Daniels. Scotch.

Listen to what Jeremey Clarkson (Top Gear) says about BMW drivers. He hates them.

And a husband of my wife's school friend said to his wife, upon hearing I ditched my Audi S4 for a Camaro, "Wow. I'm surprised and impressed. I though he was one of those BMW guys."

I've gotten a rash of crap from people at work in the Silicon Valley, a place where American cars are the clear minority, about my Camaro. Luckily I really don't care and wasn't affected by their comments. But my point is this. People have stereotypes no matter what.

But all stereotypes, personas and brand images aside BMW and Audi do make great cars. In the Car and Driver article they were effusive about the BMW 335i. Every Camaro driver should read it. They said it was he most consistent car in the track three years running.

At the end of the day what I really care about is that Chevy is making some kick butt cars with the ZL1 and the 1LE. And with great engineering and incredible cost management Chevy have built a contender to go toe to toe with the Germans. I'm a proud owner and incredibly happy to have bought American.

People are going to judge me in this car. And I don't care. I'm happy and love the NPP rumble. Same way the BMW guys love their ultimate driving machines.

Now let's go kick some booty on the track and keep these VIR results alive in 2013.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #25
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
It's funny because there's a starbucks close to my house in a rather snoody corner of the woodlands TX. I went up there on Sunday to buy a lb of coffee and there's always Porsches and BMWs all up there. I got the Evil stare and a couple of like OMG look at this white trash guy. I rolled up with the windows down banging rock music and wearing a Chevrolet Racing jacket.
Chevy drivers have an image and persona to upkeep as well.
whitetrash mullet heads loud cars loud music

MERICA
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #26
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
This

Yours truly BMW M5 owner.

Take that one 1LE to a mile run and watch your grin fade to tears...

I am not sure what you are implying, but you super expensive V-10 M5 is slower than the 1LE in every way. 0-100 isnt even a contest. Stick to the right lane on the highway and you should be fine though....
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #27
lexlueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I am not sure what you are implying, but you super expensive V-10 M5 is slower than the 1LE in every way. 0-100 isnt even a contest. Stick to the right lane on the highway and you should be fine though....
Your not serious are you? Lmao. You must be new here.
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #28
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
On the highway, that M5 would gobble us up. Didn't the M6 beat the ZL1 in straight line acceleration on one of the magazine comparisons? Motor trend I believe (convertibles).

The M5 is nice and a different purpose car but for the price tag impossible to beat the 1LE bang for the buck out the factory.