Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Roanoke34

Drives: None right now...
Employee Pricing Opinion Question...

I just found out today that I am eligible to get the Employee pricing on my car...the only problem is I have already ordered. The dealership that I ordered the car from accepted my friend's employee pricing, so I know they do it...the only question is whether they will accept mine(my friend bought a different model car). I'm wondering if I should call my dealer and ask, or whether I should just wait until the car comes in and talk to him about it. With all the horror stories I've seen about people not getting their cars because the dealer sold them for a markup...I'm worried that will happen if I go ahead and call them. If you were me...what would you do?
Roanoke34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
GMS pricing

It is my (loose) understanding that dealers do not have to honor GMS pricing on a vehicle. So in theory, if your car comes in and a guy off the street sees it and offers to pay (pick a #) $3,000.00 more than MSRP, the dealer is free to sell it to that guy and you just have to get in line and start over.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Get your code and take it to your dealer. If he hassles you on it point out that you know he gave it to your buddy. Nobody here.can answer your question only your dealer can
Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Quote:
Employee Pricing Opinion Question...
I just found out today that I am eligible to get the Employee pricing on my car...the only problem is I have already ordered. The dealership that I ordered the car from accepted my friend's employee pricing, so I know they do it...the only question is whether they will accept mine(my friend bought a different model car). I'm wondering if I should call my dealer and ask, or whether I should just wait until the car comes in and talk to him about it. With all the horror stories I've seen about people not getting their cars because the dealer sold them for a markup...I'm worried that will happen if I go ahead and call them. If you were me...what would you do?
Key word here is different model car pretty much all dealerships honor all discounts and employee pricing on all theyre cars EXCEPT camaro. There are a few dealers here like Camaro Scotty that honor it. But most likely your dealership will tell you tough. I wish you the best of luck but dont get your hopes up.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
The question is, did you write your original deal at a specific price (i.e. MSRP)? If so, that's what you agreed to. If you now ask your dealer to do GMS, you shouldn't be disappointed if they don't accept it. That would mean you were reneging on your original agreement.

How would you feel if the dealer decided to now RAISE your price? Not very good, I suspect.

I guess the dealer could re-order a car for you under GMS if you bring that to the table. I would think if you want the HOTTEST car on the planet right now, pay what you agreed to pay.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
The question is, did you write your original deal at a specific price (i.e. MSRP)? If so, that's what you agreed to. If you now ask your dealer to do GMS, you shouldn't be disappointed if they don't accept it. That would mean you were reneging on your original agreement.

How would you feel if the dealer decided to now RAISE your price? Not very good, I suspect.

I guess the dealer could re-order a car for you under GMS if you bring that to the table. I would think if you want the HOTTEST car on the planet right now, pay what you agreed to pay.
Yea When I ordered my Car, I was VERY specific. I had an AUTHORIZATION number at the time I ordered it. That way we all agreed on the terms of the order.

Mind you they don't need the AUTH. Number till the Car Lands to ink the deal.

MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogolfguy View Post
It is my (loose) understanding that dealers do not have to honor GMS pricing on a vehicle. So in theory, if your car comes in and a guy off the street sees it and offers to pay (pick a #) $3,000.00 more than MSRP, the dealer is free to sell it to that guy and you just have to get in line and start over.
correct, a lot of times they will pin it on GM but GM allows GMS on everything right now except 1 car... the ZR1 so if they tell you GM won't allow it, BS!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySoft View Post
Yea When I ordered my Car, I was VERY specific. I had an AUTHORIZATION number at the time I ordered it. That way we all agreed on the terms of the order.

Mind you they don't need the AUTH. Number till the Car Lands to ink the deal.

For a dealer to write a deal for GMS pricing on anything without a valid authorization number would be foolish.

Glad you had yours when you ordered. Made it much easier for the dealer.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
BlueLabel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 IBM
I order my 2SS\RS with the GMS and it saved me around $3,000. The only bad thing was that I had to call 6 dealerships before I found one that would let me get GMS prising. All of the others wanter over sticket no mater what. I didn't need the authorization number when I ordered the car, but I do need to bring it once the car arrives.

If I were you I would ask the dealer and if they allow it you will have to go in and change the paper work and sign the dotted line. If they don't offer it, I would call around and find one that will and place it with the new dealer and then cancel the original order. It all depends if you want to start the process again. You could be looking at saving $3,000.
BlueLabel is offline   Reply With Quote