Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
HJ's Garage

Drives: Black on Black 2SS RS A6
One Wheel Burnouts

When I changed gears to 370 I also installed the Jannetty posi mods to cure the troublesome "one wheel burnouts". All seemed fine for awhile, but then I started having some real issues with inconsistent wheel spin again and finally took the car back to the shop to have them check things out.

When they tested the breakaway torque it was only 125ftlbs, nothing close to the 450 to 500 that Jannetty suggested we should be getting. After a couple of days the shop calls and says they cant find any obvious issues with the posi unit but possibly it is warped and so per both the local shop and Jannetty, the only real option left was to buy a new GM posi unit and see if there are any obvious diffrences, then install it with the Jannetty mod parts and see what happens.

The parts should be there today via air freight and with any luck, the shop will have the car back together in time for Test and Tune tomorrow night at LVMS.

Is anyone else having issues with their posi and or one wheel burnouts? I am running LT's with CAI, 3400 stall converter and drag radials so it's not like I have one of those 700+HP monsters, just a nice hotrod that wont hook up.
HJ's Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Nope. Before Ted did his posi mod I had the one wheel screamer, occasional, but not since. Gd luck. Hopefully you fixed the issue.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
thundercat 1

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
my posi mod works perfect
thundercat 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
If you had the one wheel burnout issue before.Maybe the clutchs were bad before the guys installed the posi mod.And with the posi mod it fried them completely ?
You never know......

One wheel burnouts is no fun.........
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Neriah

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Nope... Always leave two black marks down the street lol
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ's Garage View Post
When I changed gears to 370 I also installed the Jannetty posi mods to cure the troublesome "one wheel burnouts". All seemed fine for awhile, but then I started having some real issues with inconsistent wheel spin again and finally took the car back to the shop to have them check things out.

When they tested the breakaway torque it was only 125ftlbs, nothing close to the 450 to 500 that Jannetty suggested we should be getting. After a couple of days the shop calls and says they cant find any obvious issues with the posi unit but possibly it is warped and so per both the local shop and Jannetty, the only real option left was to buy a new GM posi unit and see if there are any obvious diffrences, then install it with the Jannetty mod parts and see what happens.

The parts should be there today via air freight and with any luck, the shop will have the car back together in time for Test and Tune tomorrow night at LVMS.

Is anyone else having issues with their posi and or one wheel burnouts? I am running LT's with CAI, 3400 stall converter and drag radials so it's not like I have one of those 700+HP monsters, just a nice hotrod that wont hook up.

I'm thinking your clutches were already bad before you even installed the Posi Mod :(
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
HJ's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
I'm thinking your clutches were already bad before you even installed the Posi Mod :(
Well, we will see as I now have a New GM posi unit with the original Jannetty Mods installed. I believe the opinion between JRE and the local shop was a warped housing.

I will update all after the next PSA event the 29th. One thing though, I'm not sure two black marks on the street necessarily means you wouldn't due one wheel burnouts at the strip, from what I have experienced, it only means you didn't have differential torque enough to break the unit lose.

Thanks all,
Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
GM posis are shit. They're only like $170 new from the dealer, how good can they possibly be. Lol
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
ADIO SS

Drives: 2010 White SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Nope. Before Ted did his posi mod I had the one wheel screamer, occasional, but not since. Gd luck. Hopefully you fixed the issue.
Happy with mine from Ted. Had his shop do the install...
ADIO SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
HJ's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
GM posis are shit. They're only like $170 new from the dealer, how good can they possibly be. Lol
Thanks for your valuable input.