Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #155
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiovando View Post
I felt nothing at all from the vmax cnc ported throttle body so from a comparison point of view the throttle controller wins, although I'd be surprised if anyone is sensitive enough to feel a change from the tb, my opinion the tb is a theory based mod rather than a tangible one
It was the first mod I did, before anything else, and it made quite a difference...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #156
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
For the ls3 economy mode works good and is fully functional.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #157
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
It makes a HUGE difference in My SS L99. This mod was definitely worth it to me.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #158
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Okay. Had a couple more emails back and forth with Vitesse. Here's the rest of the convo for anyone that's interested.

We've being testing a few units for the last 18 months or more on a few camaros that are daily driven and I can assure you that we have not had one single issue.

All cars with the "Drive by Wire" system come with a fail safe mode to prevent the driver being stuck somewhere or in an emergency... different car manufacturers call it differently: Limp mode / Reduced power.... This is safety requirement.

Our Camaros do come with a fail safe mode as well: The ECU constantly compares the signal sent from the Gas pedal sensor to the signal received by the Throttle body sensor. If anything happens, the ECU will automatically go to the "Reduced Engine Power" mode. This means, you will still have the possibility to accelerate.

Now if, something goes wrong with the Controller itself, it will default back to the stock setting ( SP0 ) so the signal will bypass the controller and will be sent directly from the Gas pedal sensor to the Throttle Body's sensor.

The first units we've produced did not have the Economy mode ( A button ) because we simply felt it was not a priority for people who actually want better response, more fun cars to drive... Now on the last updated Tune, we have this option available after extensive testing on all the different engines: LLT / LFX / LS3 / L99 and LSA. We had to make some further adjustments to make it compatible with the L99 AFM feature but now it's working fine.

Nothing will happen if you push the A button, it will simply switch to the Eco mode if this option is built into the Controller, If not, nothing will happen.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you

First of all, thank you for the fast response. It is greatly appreciated!

If I were to order one of these right now, would it have the economy feature? Or is that feature yet to be added to production units? If not, do you have a date in mind when it will be added? I don't know if I would use it or not, but it would be nice to have the option.

Thanks again.

Yes, it will have the Economy mode feature built in it.

The economy mode ( besides it's main purpose ) it is also useful if you ever lend the car to someone or lets say Valet parking... The remote can be unplugged and no one will ever be able to switch the mode until you reconnect it.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #159
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
It was the first mod I did, before anything else, and it made quite a difference...
There are some people that will never feel anything even if they get turbo installed, and drove a geo storm there whole life.. You know you got those that you can neverrrrr please or always gotta be the odd one. Not mentioning any names ijs.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #160
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I might not end up buying one of these and just saving the money to put toward a 1LE someday... but I'm not decided yet.

Here are some other things to think about with any mod of this nature.

Regarding the Toyota unintended acceleration problems, there has been widespread discussion in the popular media. The public has been sensitized to this issue.

If you install an aftermarket throttle controller, and you are involved in an accident, and someone gets badly hurt, and their attorney discovers that you modified your throttle control system, you might want to be prepared to forfeit your house. Jurors do not always think logically. They often operate on emotions, and good attorneys know this.

Michael Barr is one of the experts who reviewed the Toyota firmware design.

http://embeddedgurus.com/barr-code/2...-acceleration/

Bottom line is that the Toyota firmware was a mess. Companies want you to believe the myth that everything is done according to time-tested engineering principles. But when it comes to firmware, there is a lot of sloppy work being done.

The Vitesse controller might be a very well designed/programmed unit. But you always have to wonder "what if" and weigh the risks.

I am still undecided if I will buy the Vitesse controller or not (God knows I'd love better throttle response!). And I am by no means trying to "put down" their product. I just thought I'd share some additional points that no one seemed to be thinking about. The risk with any aftermarket product that takes control like this isn't so much the product itself, but how people treat it if something were to happen.

Just my two cents.

On a lighter note, since I'm still on the fence about buying this, does anyone have any videos or test results of acceleration? Maybe comparing setting 0 (stock) to setting 9? Anybody test with a g-meter or anything? Would be interesting to see some empirical data on this thing!
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #161
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
As far as safety goes, hopefuly people know if accelerator sticks open, throw the car in neutral and find a safe place to pull over.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #162
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
As far as safety goes, hopefuly people know if accelerator sticks open, throw the car in neutral and find a safe place to pull over.
If throttle sticks I'm gonna hit my key fob with my knee...
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #163
slakjak1215

Drives: 2014 1LS
If the throttle sticks and you don't know what to do, you shouldn't be driving these cars. Manual its easy, just push the clutch in, i don't have an auto but i would assume it has safety features like all other cars where you can push from drive to neutral with no problem. And if that does happen then you take the throttle controller off and get a new one
Old 10-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #164
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
I might not end up buying one of these and just saving the money to put toward a 1LE someday... but I'm not decided yet.

Regarding the Toyota unintended acceleration problems, there has been widespread discussion in the popular media. The public has been sensitized to this issue.

If you install an aftermarket throttle controller, and you are involved in an accident, and someone gets badly hurt, and their attorney discovers that you modified your throttle control system, you might want to be prepared to forfeit your house. Jurors do not always think logically. They often operate on emotions, and good attorneys know this.

Bottom line is that the Toyota firmware was a mess. Companies want you to believe the myth that everything is done according to time-tested engineering principles. But when it comes to firmware, there is a lot of sloppy work being done.

The Vitesse controller might be a very well designed/programmed unit. But you always have to wonder "what if" and weigh the risks.

I am still undecided if I will buy the Vitesse controller or not (God knows I'd love better throttle response!). And I am by no means trying to "put down" their product. I just thought I'd share some additional points that no one seemed to be thinking about. The risk with any aftermarket product that takes control like this isn't so much the product itself, but how people treat it if something were to happen.

Just my two cents.

On a lighter note, since I'm still on the fence about buying this, does anyone have any videos or test results of acceleration? Maybe comparing setting 0 (stock) to setting 9? Anybody test with a g-meter or anything? Would be interesting to see some empirical data on this thing!

If your afraid of something happening and you getting sued, you might as well keep your car stock. Whose to say that a cold air intake isn't going to get you sued for enhancing the performance of the car. Your talking about a throttle controller that has the option to enhance or put back to stock the throttle response. Imagine those with turbos or superchargers.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #165
BlakeD

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
I was a little skeptical myself before. However, I can honestly say there is a very distinct noticeable difference in this controller.

My Bolt-ons include:
C.A.I Cold Air Intake
Ported Throttle Body

Last night on SP9 I was taking a left turn at the red-light and hit the acceleration all the way and got a little sideways and squeaked the tires a little.

I did not get this intending to be able to do burn outs as I will cherish these expensive ass tires!

But overall the response is noticeable, at least in my 1LT.
BlakeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #166
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post

Just my two cents.

Snymat68 that could go for ANY aftermarket part bro. But yea save that 180.00 for the 1le.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #167
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Ya....that extra $180 should start that 1LE fund just nicely......
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #168
Rock It

Drives: '12 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moE_09 View Post
Best bang for the buck by far. Woke up the inner beast
^^^ THIS ^^^ at least this was my experience also. off the line and anytime going from low RMP and wanting high RPM... this unit ROCKS!!