Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
RickyTheStorm

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Woot! Putting deposit down today!

Just got off the phone with my dealer and I am going to put my $500 deposit down to hold a spot - my dealer hasn't had any spots "reserved" yet so I will be #1 on the list Can't wait!
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Good luck, Get a contract, and make sure its binding.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
RickyTheStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Good luck, Get a contract, and make sure its binding.
Thanks, will do! Though my dealer has been my families dealer since 1989 for 10 vehicles and they have never done us wrong, I will be sure to have peace of mind
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
Deposit ready here!

I went to my dealer last night and they shared some info with me they got. I have the first Camaro comming in at my dealership. Inferno Orange SS/RS with optional Inferno orange seat accents. White stripes and 6-speed of course! Feels good to know the Camaro is finally comming. Jeff
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
RickyTheStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
I went to my dealer last night and they shared some info with me they got. I have the first Camaro comming in at my dealership. Inferno Orange SS/RS with optional Inferno orange seat accents. White stripes and 6-speed of course! Feels good to know the Camaro is finally comming. Jeff
Awesome - I am ordering mine specifically with the options I am picking, just cause I don't want to be missing something I want, and they are sending it out with their first order for the cars. So mine will be one of the first on the lot
Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I hope you guys are paying MSRP or below.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Ditto...

Did they give you a set price? Did they say, "MSRP?"

I just don't understand signing a contract on something I don't know the price of. (Or even ORDERING).
Old 07-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm View Post
Just got off the phone with my dealer and I am going to put my $500 deposit down to hold a spot - my dealer hasn't had any spots "reserved" yet so I will be #1 on the list Can't wait!
Make sure you get IN WRITING that the deposit is refundable. You never know what might happen until then to make you change your mind (not about buying one, but rather when and where )
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
Under Sticker Here!

I have bought a number of cars and trucks from my dealer. I have also had friends buy Vett's from my dealer. Payback time is now.
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
RickyTheStorm

I took care of everything, have my deposit in - contract states it is refundable and I also had them put in that it will be MSRP or below - which my dealer does not believe in price gouging but my sales rep said he understands why I am concerned after the Mustangs. So it is refundable, it will be at MSRP or below, and it will be exactly the way I want

PS - they don't know the actual price so I could not get a set price - just a confirmation that it will be MSRP or below and not more. He said he also believed my GMS discount was applicable too but could not give me a definite as Chevy may say no-go to the GMS for a short while when they are first released. Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point
Old 07-31-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm View Post
I took care of everything, have my deposit in - contract states it is refundable and I also had them put in that it will be MSRP or below - which my dealer does not believe in price gouging but my sales rep said he understands why I am concerned after the Mustangs. So it is refundable, it will be at MSRP or below, and it will be exactly the way I want

PS - they don't know the actual price so I could not get a set price - just a confirmation that it will be MSRP or below and not more. He said he also believed my GMS discount was applicable too but could not give me a definite as Chevy may say no-go to the GMS for a short while when they are first released. Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point

Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).
Old 07-31-2008, 06:37 PM   #12
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).
He's probably just saying that he's willing to pay up to that amount when the prices become available and you can order.

As of now, they aren't taking orders.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #13
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I hope you guys are paying MSRP or below.
Yeaaaa, maybe you will all be paying 40k. Make sure that is refundable.

40k for a loaded SS is out of the question, I could understand it for a supercharged maybe Z28, but besides that you are walking in vette territory..
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Yeaaaa, maybe you will all be paying 40k. Make sure that is refundable.

40k for a loaded SS is out of the question, I could understand it for a supercharged maybe Z28, but besides that you are walking in vette territory..
MAYBE if you go hog wild at the GMPP acessory store, and I mean WILD, will you be able to go over $40k. Otherwise I am with Brantley847, you will likely be able to get a new 2008 Vette (stripped, admittedly, but how bad can a stripper Vette be?) for a few bucks more than $40k.

There was a dealer a while back on one of the Vette boards in CA who had like 30-40 on the lot and was selling them for GM Employee price plus $400. That essentially what GM pays to the dealer for selling a car at employee pricing. You wouldn't have as many bells and whistles, but you would have a few more or the same HP in a car that is much lighter, but I do not doubt that some folks will end up spending more on their Camaros. Not a problem either way, do what makes you happy, but just look at the big picture when the time comes and make the best decision for YOU....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote