Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
jeffa55

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Camaro 6M Cyber Grey
Finished FULL ARH install (LT's, Cats, X Pipe, Mufflers)

I finished up the install and fired it up yesterday... the sound is great. This is definitley a high quality exhaust with a great sound. At idle and 'normal driving' it is subdued... louder than stock, but not by much... I would venture to say that someone who doesn't know will thiink that the car is still stock (since one would expect a big v8 camaro to be loud anyway). When you get on it the sound comes alive and is 'just right'. I don't notice any drone, but I think the whole drone thing is a matter of opinion.

Anyway, I give ARH my full endorsement. I am in MA, so anyone considering an exhaust in the area is welcome to come by and check it out.
jeffa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Noice.........I usually don't comment on v8 exhausts. I have a the v6 version of the ARH LTs, x-pipe and cats combined with the MRT 2.0 axle back, and my car sounds astoundingly aggressive. I love it. ARH does great work with all their products.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Slowkray

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa55 View Post
I finished up the install and fired it up yesterday... the sound is great. This is definitley a high quality exhaust with a great sound. At idle and 'normal driving' it is subdued... louder than stock, but not by much... I would venture to say that someone who doesn't know will thiink that the car is still stock (since one would expect a big v8 camaro to be loud anyway). When you get on it the sound comes alive and is 'just right'. I don't notice any drone, but I think the whole drone thing is a matter of opinion.

Anyway, I give ARH my full endorsement. I am in MA, so anyone considering an exhaust in the area is welcome to come by and check it out.
Just finished installing mine last Saturday, it is a very nice setup. I used the Borla S type axle back, I do have some drone, I am considering getting the ARH mufflers if it will help.
Congrats
Slowkray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
LTs with cats arent much louder then stock, but without cats they certainly make some noise.
Ovenmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
jeffa55

Just got back from a longer drive (including the highway). I would say that the sound is pretty much a perfect balance... not too loud, not too soft. If you are looking to sound like a top fuel dragster, maybe try no cats. I love the burbling and popping on decel (even this is not too loud... just right).

As far as the power goes, I honestly don't feel any big difference. The seat of the pants feel is pretty much the same. I know that it is easy for a car to feel faster when it is louder, but I've had enough cars to eliminate that from my mind. It probably picked up some HP, but it's not like you drive the car and say 'holy s*&t)
Old 06-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Have you changed the intake or tuning yet? Increasing the exhaust flow, the motor will really respond to increasing the intake and then tuning to match.

After my LT's and full exhaust, I added a Halltech CAI and Predator tuner w/ a tune from Jannetty. Then it really felt strong.

It takes a little driving time also for the computer to self adjust to any changes.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
SMGSS

Drives: 00 SS, 67 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa55 View Post

ARH is Top Notch!!!
SMGSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I have the ARH to the axle... 2" headers x 3" collector, cats, and x-pipe.

I asked the ARH booth at C5 fest how much it would be to add the mufflers (complete the system) ... they said something like ~$800... and it has a 2.5 inch connection, so there is a meaningless reduction at the axle.

Does the full system have the reduction out of the box?
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
JTC/C5

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I also have ARH to the axle 1 7/8 in. with HF Cats and x pipe and roto-fab all tuned tho..Big Difference
JTC/C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
jeffa55

Yeah, I will do the tune but I have not yet decided on whether or not to by the SCX thing from Jannetty or to bring the car down to the shop and have it done at slohawk.

Did you drive the car long enough without the tune to get the error?? My check engine came on the fourth time I drove it.