Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Micro bubbles during brake bleed?

Just finished installing Goodridge G stop SS lines and flushing out DOT3 and replacing with DOT4 Motul. No problems with the install of lines and went through a manual bleeding process (both bleeders RR, LF, LR, RF) HOWEVER, on the final RF bleed, I'm still getting very small "streams" of almost foamy/micro bubbles intermittantly on the inner bleeder screw that I can see in the clear hoses I'm using for bleeding process. Every other bleeder runs clean.

I am pretty darn sure that I have bleed all the way from the master cylinder all the way through/past the ABS to the caliper by now. Is it possible I'm artifically introducing air into the system by way of a vacuum at the bleeder screw that makes it LOOK like I have air in the line? Also, NO signs of leaks at any of the connection points.

I've probably run close to a pint through just the RF keeping the M-C full through the process. The brakes feel fine and hard, stops hard and fast and no pull on braking. I'm thinking of running a couple of days and then "burping the lines to see if these small bubbles will eventually consolidate into some air I can purge. Since the RF is the last one to bleed, is it reasonable to just do this one? (I've bleed the others 3 times for the flush)

Any other thoughts??

Last edited by pony; 05-22-2013 at 07:57 AM.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
if you are using a vacuum bleeder like a Vacula or similar, you will get air past the bleeder threads when you crack it open that mimics air in the system.
you can lessen this by opening the bleeder just enough to get fluid flow.

if you are still concerned get a helper and do the old school "pump 3 times and hold" pressure bleeding at all corners.
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
if you are using a vacuum bleeder like a Vacula or similar, you will get air past the bleeder threads when you crack it open that mimics air in the system.
you can lessen this by opening the bleeder just enough to get fluid flow.

if you are still concerned get a helper and do the old school "pump 3 times and hold" pressure bleeding at all corners.
I'm using old school bleed. I'll check the bleeder screw and give it another try. Bubbles look like the bubbles in a beer glass with a little foam. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
I'm using old school bleed. I'll check the bleeder screw and give it another try. Bubbles look like the bubbles in a beer glass with a little foam. Thanks for the suggestion.
i suspect you are opening to far or not far enough. goodluck. tip i learned form a buddy at CMS is to use a vacuum tester to get the very last air through the resevoir.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
SPCBA

ohh one more tip. you wont get all the old fluid out from the abs sustem wihout a tech II bleed.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I like to vacuum bleed and manually finish the bleeders.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
pony

Thanks for all the help and advice. Went out and did another bleed of the RF, making sure the bleed hose was well seated. Cracked the bleeder 1/8 turn and all seemed clear with an intial "burp" air and no more bubbles. Either the small bubbles did consolidate and rise or I got a better seal on the hose. Either way all is good. Thanks everyone
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
pony

After this little hiccup, I went ahead and did a DYI for the the Goodridge Lines and a manual flush/bleed. Hope this may help someone else.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297428
Old 05-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
SPCBA

good man i am sure it will.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Either the small bubbles did consolidate and rise

I'm guessing this. Your system got a little frothy.
I like to bleed them until no more air then let it sit for a while and do a final on each.