Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
evonschu

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Don't Use Rev Extreme for RX Catch Can

Hey all. This may be old news but wanted to let you all know that the vendor Rev Extreme is not a good vendor to get a catch can from. I ordered my catch can from them in late June and still have not received it. I called multiple times and either was told that it'd be shipped out in about a week or would not hear back both from email and phone calls. A few times I could not even get through and would get a voicemail box full msg. I finally had to call my bank and get a dispute filed for the transaction. So word to all, either get a Moroso or the RX can elsewhere. There is absolutely no reason that a) a company should charge you for an item until they've shipped it and b) take 16+ weeks to ship anything they sell. I understand they have a 6-8 week backlog of orders and it sounds like they make them in a garage, but for what they charge I'd expect way better service and communication.
evonschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by evonschu View Post
Hey all. This may be old news but wanted to let you all know that the vendor Rev Extreme is not a good vendor to get a catch can from.
99% of this forum already knows that. The other 1% actually like them.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
honeslty it all depends on when you bought. last summer I called them and they had me a black can in 7 days most of that was shipping.

now people are saying they have retarded lead times. my .02 is if you want there can buy from a vendor who stocks them as they can't keep up for what ever reason now.

if not buy a bob's, mike norris, elite can. Apex even has a new one they selling looks nice have not seen any test data to date though. you can dig up old thread where RX tested a whole bunch of cans. There was good info on the SVT froums about the bobs can.

just try to pick one that catches all the oil and is not just a looks cool can. I have seen lab test data online on all those I posed and they bascially all worked very well could even be more out there. some other cans just let some of the oil and or oil vapor by wile still costing quite a bit.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
My rx can had a constant vacuum leak from around the check valves. Had to urethane them on to seal them up as Teflon nor O-rings would seal them up.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post
My rx can had a constant vacuum leak from around the check valves. Had to urethane them on to seal them up as Teflon nor O-rings would seal them up.
This is exactly what happened with my can. I paid out my pocket to send it down there multiple to have it fixed only to have tracy say nothing is wrong with the can. After I got the can back I requested a return and luckily I got it. I now have the elite can and have had zero issues.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
This is exactly what happened with my can. I paid out my pocket to send it down there multiple to have it fixed only to have tracy say nothing is wrong with the can. After I got the can back I requested a return and luckily I got it. I now have the elite can and have had zero issues.
Elite for the win!

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote