Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
How the camaro changed me.

I have always been a car nut, owning more cars than I can name off without having to actually write them down. some of my first cars were cars that I took to local car shows in regards to the audio systems etc. this was when i was around 20 yrs old. I am 38 now and priorities changed for many years. sure I have owned some nice cars but nothing sporty since I sold my corvette to buy my first house. I had purchased a 2009 vw jetta tdi about a year prior to buying my camaro and really didn't need to be buying a new car at the time. I had started looking at chevys site and looking over the models and prices. at first I wasnt sure about the rear of the camaro and didn't pay them much attention, probably because there wasn't many on the road around here. anyway I had a check engine light come on for the 3rd time in a row on the jetta so we took it to the dealer. They were not very accomodating and were reluctant to letting me bring it in on the spot but sometimes i have a way with people and they took it in. We sat there for an hour and the whole time I was thinking, how can I tell the wife I want to go look at the camaro just to see it and possibly drive one. anyway I just said it and she said sure.

We took off for the dealership but on the way i pulled into the ford dealership to give the mustang a quick look. I didn't even bother with a test drive. we pulled into the dealership got out and I saw an IOM 2LT RS, the sales guy asked if I wanted to drive it, I said yes. That was the moment all this crap started. I couldnt believe how cool this car was. the power was amazing and I fell in love with that chop top feel instantly. I now was hooked and we made a deal on this black one I have now. I had to wait because mine was being shipped in. they gave me an LS to drive for the time which I even detailed because I was still pimpin a new camaro. so then it was a mission to clean out the garage and sell this trailer I had in there. once I got my new car home it now had a permanent space in the garage. now all I do is think about what I want to do next as far as mods. I picked black which made it a chore to keep clean so now I drive my old truck 90% of the time and take the camaro out on weekends and special occasions. I love to go to cruise ins and any kind of car show event.It is quite amazing how this damn car has changed everything about me when it comes to my car. Driving is so much more fun, it has become something I actually enjoy. owning a camaro is more of a lifestyle, fellow owners are like a brotherhood. anyone who owns one of these cars typically is itching to talk to other owners that live the lifestyle and truly understand the 5th gen experience. ....... thanks GM
Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Well said
Old 12-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
Exactly.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
+1
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Cruise on!!!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
I agree- it's as pretty as an exotic, fun to drive, performs, and is an instant classic with a connection to the original camaros.
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
custompainter
Retired and diggin it!

Drives: 2011 camaro ss/rs
+1
custompainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #8
Blue Angel

Drives: 2010 LS ABM
You hit the nail on the head, my friend. Enjoy!

Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
jaylong1985

Drives: Silver Ice Metallic and Black
Thumbs up I understand!!!

That's exactly how I feel about my 2LT RS!!!
jaylong1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #10
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Good post.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Marci
KISSMYLOADEDSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 silver w/black
Send a message via AIM to Marci
Its a great feeling, huh? I waited almost nine months from order date to pick up my 2SS throne and I admit while waiting I was very impatient. I knew as soon as I drove up to the dealer in my Jaguar XK8 convertible that the wait was well worth it. The second I get into my Camaro the feeling of empowerment takes over. This ride is a total mood booster in every way, I am pretty sure that the Camaro should be approved by the FDA as the CURE for depression. Its great having a ride that returns the favor each time I turn it on.

I am pretty sure that the FDA needs to give Chevy a rockin high five...after all Chevy found the cure for depression.
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote