Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Buggy 2013 Kenwood?

Was wondering if anyone noticed any buggy stuff going on with the new Kenwoods's?

Mine, DNX890HD, does this thing where every so often, about every 5 times I start the car, it loads and is on, but no audio comes out. It comes back if I change the channel. Not a big deal but kinda irritating.

It used to sometimes turn off when I turned the ignition off, but before I opened the door. So far it hasn't happened since I loaded the latest patch, 1.6.

It also seems to sometimes not let me change the EQ, i just page out and back in and it works though.

Anyone else notice any of the same or different things?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Rhyder

this is actually getting a little worse, happens more often....I now think it may be related to my phone connecting....it doesn't actually open my phone line, but if I go in and unpair my phone it stops.

Kenwood hasnt responded yet
Old 07-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
You not the only one I have the same problem. Let me know what Kenwood says about it
Old 07-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Was wondering if anyone noticed any buggy stuff going on with the new Kenwoods's?

Mine, DNX890HD, does this thing where every so often, about every 5 times I start the car, it loads and is on, but no audio comes out. It comes back if I change the channel. Not a big deal but kinda irritating.

It used to sometimes turn off when I turned the ignition off, but before I opened the door. So far it hasn't happened since I loaded the latest patch, 1.6.

It also seems to sometimes not let me change the EQ, i just page out and back in and it works though.

Anyone else notice any of the same or different things?
Have you ever got a reply back from Kenwood on this problem?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Have you ever got a reply back from Kenwood on this problem?
no real reply from Kenwood, they sent something with a link to the FAQ site, like I couldn't find that on my own.

But its back to sometimes turning off when I turn the ignition off and I haven't opened the door yet.....really annoying if you were wanting to hear the end of a comment or something as it takes a bit to boot back up....

Also its back to doing the no audio thing again.....

Couple other little things, over all I like the unit, but I cant force myself to recommend Kenwood any more. This is supposed to be the upper end unit and the updates arent fixing anything that I can see.

A buggy device with no real support from Kenwood directly is disappointing.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #6
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
no real reply from Kenwood, they sent something with a link to the FAQ site, like I couldn't find that on my own.

But its back to sometimes turning off when I turn the ignition off and I haven't opened the door yet.....really annoying if you were wanting to hear the end of a comment or something as it takes a bit to boot back up....

Also its back to doing the no audio thing again.....

Couple other little things, over all I like the unit, but I cant force myself to recommend Kenwood any more. This is supposed to be the upper end unit and the updates arent fixing anything that I can see.

A buggy device with no real support from Kenwood directly is disappointing.
I hate to hear that when you pay this much they skimp out on providing good customer service. Thats why I am going the car pc direction, very powerful unit so I hope it pans out just like the features they tout!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
sorry if silly question but i didnt see it posted .. have you checked for firmware updates? If that doesnt work did you buy from a good shop? bc they will exchange it for you if within the year
Old 01-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #8
Rhyder

yep its updated, thought the update might of fixed the bugs, several of them are all over the kenwood board...seemed to stop at first but was just my imagination. Have had it more than a year so cant return it....was under the impression the upcoming update was going to fix it, by the time they got the "upcoming" update out it was to late.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:39 AM   #9
hall92
AlyssaSTORM

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I have had this deck for the last 3 months it has been the biggest pain in the ass! Its laggy, It won't play half of my iPod movies which all happen to be the same format and purchased from iTunes. Bluetooth streaming is the worst part of the deck capabilities. I have the latest update DNX_Ver_SD2V1.7.0. This deck was way over priced for what it can do. Plus Kenwood "said" You just don't know how to hook it up the right way, I had it installed by an authorized Kenwood shop. Its sad because the fact I had the Pioneer AVH-p4200 & AVH-8500bhs were half the price and worked perfectly for years. Oh The dnx890hd Will not play iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5th generation at all. Not compatible.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #10
Rhyder

Im not usually a "brand" type person, I get whatever I think works best for my price range...but I dont think Ill be getting Kenwoods or JVC's in the future.....just crappy little stuff and no support what so ever from them....
Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #11
hall92
AlyssaSTORM

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Im not usually a "brand" type person, I get whatever I think works best for my price range...but I dont think Ill be getting Kenwoods or JVC's in the future.....just crappy little stuff and no support what so ever from them....
same here if you get a chance look at the new AVIC-8000NEX this is a 1400 dollar deck but they have the AVH-4000NEX for 700. It is very responsive and totally redone. you might like it.