Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
BobbiSinister

Drives: 2011 1LT Traded for 2013 SS 2SS/RS
few noob questions ...

Hello,

I was just wondering what product you use to clean the interior of your Camaros? (dash, doors etc. not the leather or cloth) I currently use the armor-all cleaning wipes. They do a decent job, don't leave that wet look and don't leave an oily residue.

Also I have the "bright" aluminum rims, is there a decent cleaner to use on them? Also after reading this it seems you guys would never run your cars through an automatic car wash?

my car if you care. 2011 1LT, connectivity package, 19 inch bright aluminum rims, sunroof, 6 speed

BobbiSinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I use all of Adams interior stuff works great, check it out
Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
I personally use this http://www.detailersdomain.com/1Z-ei...mium_p_70.html. It doesn't leave any shine, and it has a little cleaning power. For the wheels, I would use http://www.detailersdomain.com/Sonax...ner_p_324.html or if you want to go cheaper, just use a premium car soap such as http://www.detailersdomain.com/Optim...ash_p_172.html and water if you don't plan to let them stay too dirty. Wheel cleaners aren't really needed unless you never clean the brake dust off or unless you have a German car (known for terrible brake dust contaminants. Your wheels are clear coated, so don't try to polish them using aluminum polish. It won't do much. As to the automatic car wash, I wouldn't run it through an automatic car wash with brushes. I do however run it through touchless in order to clean the salt off the bottom part (luckily it won't be seeing winter anymore as I am getting a beater for winters). I won't touch the paint with a towel after using touchless though. I'll wait til I can clean it completely before I'll even touch the paint with a towel. This is just my opinion though. To each their own.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
BobbiSinister

Drives: 2011 1LT Traded for 2013 SS 2SS/RS
Cool, thanks for all the info guys!
BobbiSinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
BobbiSinister, CONGRATS on the ride. As far as your wheels go, they are CLEAR COATED, just treat them like the rest of your car that is PAINTED. oh and btw.....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Wheel cleaners aren't really needed unless you never clean the brake dust off or unless you have a German car (known for terrible brake dust contaminants.
Can't remember the last time I saw a 'typical' 3 series BMW that didn't have dark black wheels up front and silver wheels out back. I'm starting to think they make those brakepads out of charcoal
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Can't remember the last time I saw a 'typical' 3 series BMW that didn't have dark black wheels up front and silver wheels out back. I'm starting to think they make those brakepads out of charcoal
I thought it was dark gray chalk...
Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 AM   #8
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
It's not just the 3 Series. I've seen many 5 and 7 series that had that same look!

Adam's all the way!
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
I thought it was dark gray chalk...
Could be. Maybe they should just start selling all their cars with 'brake dust' color wheels... then it won't matter
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote