Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 08-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #29
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Do you know what the criteria was within the judging system?
Maybe someone who judged could better answer that, didn't see the judging sheet they used.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 08-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Actually, car shows are quite simple.
The most correct, flawless, cleanest car wins. Modified cars do not win (outside of modified classes).
If you were the only judge, which car would have won? Specific car, not 'in general'

Even Concours shows are not simple, actually they're the most time consuming and difficult. If you had a Concours show for the 5th gen Camaro, you would only have one. No one wants to go to a car show that's won by the person that just drove their car off the showroom floor to the car show, or in this example, trailered it.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #31
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
If you were the only judge, which car would have won? Specific car, not 'in general'

Even Concours shows are not simple, actually they're the most time consuming and difficult. If you had a Concours show for the 5th gen Camaro, you would only have one. No one wants to go to a car show that's won by the person that just drove their car off the showroom floor to the car show, or in this example, trailered it.
I can't answer that as I wasn't there.

And I know concours shows are difficult. That's why winning one is such a big deal. And far above a subjective, popular vote.

Most of the concours shows I participate in have classes for newer cars. That way, a brand new car fresh off the showroom floor doesn't beat a 45 year old car.
You're right, if you mixed them all together, not many people would want to compete against a newer (or new) car.
That's why there are classes.

You could do a concours show for 5th gens. It would just be difficult as I imagine most of them are pretty nice. But if you're the cleanest, most flawless, and most correct (and in this case, they'd have to look at things like oil filters, paint pen marks, grease pen markings, and the tags on the individual components), then you'll win.

I love concours showing. It's the most objective, fairest way of judging vehicles.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This thread is about the GM and Mod awards. There is no judging associated. Just the car we liked and thought deserved recognition. Each one of us had our own tastes and just made a personal choice.

I picked the 45th Anniversary car w/ the COPO hood and COPO style stripes that matched the 45th theme. It was totally setup for drag racing and not car shows but damn it really did it for me w/ the 15" weld wheels.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #33
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
I can't answer that as I wasn't there.

And I know concours shows are difficult. That's why winning one is such a big deal. And far above a subjective, popular vote.

Most of the concours shows I participate in have classes for newer cars. That way, a brand new car fresh off the showroom floor doesn't beat a 45 year old car.
You're right, if you mixed them all together, not many people would want to compete against a newer (or new) car.
That's why there are classes.

You could do a concours show for 5th gens. It would just be difficult as I imagine most of them are pretty nice. But if you're the cleanest, most flawless, and most correct (and in this case, they'd have to look at things like oil filters, paint pen marks, grease pen markings, and the tags on the individual components), then you'll win.

I love concours showing. It's the most objective, fairest way of judging vehicles.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Modding/showing these Gen5's is all about individuality, passion, and emotion, not adhering to some sterile, mind-numbing, numerical equation.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Clearly the show portion wasn't advertised as a 1000pt system show where much of the above would apply. This was put on and judged by the local Camaro club, Adams and some GM reps. Hardly experienced 1000pt judges.

Even then you have plenty of lobbying for x car over another due to a genuine armrest vs a repro. Happens all the time. I wasn't even at this event but know enough to realize this type of show anyone can win. Straight stock or not and modified gets pretty dicey with this type of show. I'm sure everyone did their best and it's all in fun anyways.
This is the reason why we left it up to a local club that has organized these "unofficial" shows before...

Not only are we amature event organizers... we know NOTHING about how to run a car show... this is a mojor concern of ours for C5F5.... Hoping we can find an orgainization to help us get it right and enjoyable...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #35
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
car show...I know people here. Really.
You may look at IASCA...I know they are an autosound group but they also run Tuner Jam...Look up Spring Break Nationals...Daytona Beach.
http://www.springbreaknationals.com/
I know Moe Sabourin pretty darn well as I run a good size IASCA show in conjunction with Motorsports Authority's 90-100 car carshow in Conway AR. If you talk to Moe...tell him you know John Sketoe (pronouned Skee-toe) from the Camaro5 forum. You may just see what they need. If you need a local shop backing it that is an IASCA shop, I have a good friend that owns Mobile Toys in College Station...if you choose to offer a soundoff in conjunction with the car show, I could help you guys with that. I could help you get a judging crew together even.
I've done car shows since '97. Search my name + USACi + IASCA + car audio. I really think this is probably better via email to a group, if so...my email is in my profile...as a mod you can get it.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #36
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
car show...I know people here. Really.
You may look at IASCA...I know they are an autosound group but they also run Tuner Jam...Look up Spring Break Nationals...Daytona Beach.
http://www.springbreaknationals.com/
I know Moe Sabourin pretty darn well as I run a good size IASCA show in conjunction with Motorsports Authority's 90-100 car carshow in Conway AR. If you talk to Moe...tell him you know John Sketoe (pronouned Skee-toe) from the Camaro5 forum. You may just see what they need. If you need a local shop backing it that is an IASCA shop, I have a good friend that owns Mobile Toys in College Station...if you choose to offer a soundoff in conjunction with the car show, I could help you guys with that. I could help you get a judging crew together even.
I've done car shows since '97. Search my name + USACi + IASCA + car audio. I really think this is probably better via email to a group, if so...my email is in my profile...as a mod you can get it.
Good to know. Thanks.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
GbrilliantQ
Ąʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This thread is about the GM and Mod awards. There is no judging associated. Just the car we liked and thought deserved recognition. Each one of us had our own tastes and just made a personal choice.

I picked the 45th Anniversary car w/ the COPO hood and COPO style stripes that matched the 45th theme. It was totally setup for drag racing and not car shows but damn it really did it for me w/ the 15" weld wheels.
This!

Like I said earlier. Last year I went for autographs, not even signed up for the show, just sitting there in the lot and was awarded a Team Camaro Award. She said she loved my car and wanted me to have her award.

GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #38
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Hey all! Hopefully I can give you some insight into the judging. I am VP of our Indy NexGen Club as well as a member of CICC. CICC was tasked with running & judging the car show. The exceptions to this were the Mod/GM Awards and 2 Awards which Adams selected.

We had 5 teams of judges (2 per team). It was a 100pt system broken down into 4 - 25pt subcategories (interior, exterior, engine, overall appearance). Interior, Exterior, & Engine were further broken down into 5 - 5pt areas.

I felt as a judge I was pretty firm, with so many awesome cars you have to be. We picked different areas to start out so we all judged different cars. Of course there will be variance between judges, but I heard most scores fell in the 60-70 total points range.

I can only speak for myself, but here is how I judged. If you had a brand new 2013 right off the showroom floor that was spotless - you did not get perfect score (more like 3/5). If your windows were up and I could see in the interior (and it appeared clean), I gave 15/25 for interior. If the windows were up and totally blacked out to where I could not see in, you got 0/25. If the hood was down you got 0/25 for the engine section. The judgement call was made not to judge trunks or penalize them for being closed since it had rained (so people would not have to empty them).

If you car made 1000rwhp, it still got penalized if it was filthy. We understand people travel long distances in the cars and take that into consideration. Believe it or not I rated most of the exteriors pretty high. I found most problems with the interior or engine. It really is subjective and I don't want to get into examples or details. But if someone did not genuinely earn the points I did not give them (just because a car is new or stock).

Please understand we all volunteered to help with the show. This took time away from us that we otherwise could be out racing more or enjoying the fest.

If you want my 100% honest opinion.. This is Camaro5 Fest - there should not be judged car show awards given for 1st-4th Gen. No offense to my fellow CICC members who own those. Very few of those show up and they sometimes win by default. It is clearly a 5th Gen heavy show, and I personally feel there should be a TOPxx as well as numerous specialty awards for 5th Gens only. Adams provides awesome trophies and spends a great deal of money on them. I think most people would be pleased to get a "lesser" quality trophy, say if you could give 20 of them away.

Congrats to all that won - I wish more could have
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #39
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
This is the reason why we left it up to a local club that has organized these "unofficial" shows before...

Not only are we amature event organizers... we know NOTHING about how to run a car show... this is a mojor concern of ours for C5F5.... Hoping we can find an orgainization to help us get it right and enjoyable...
We actually do and they are very experienced.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #40
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Quote:

Where is the pic MAJOR AWARD PIC
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #41
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Quote:

And - THANK U VERY VERY Much .... I was really flattered and grateful for the kudos. Brought the car to this event on very little power for simply some shakedowns and data logging. It's in pieces again getting ready for the LSX Shootouts - brought back Sunday, torn down Sunday. Was a great event and again thanks it was appreciated.
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #42
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace View Post
Hey all! Hopefully I can give you some insight into the judging. I am VP of our Indy NexGen Club as well as a member of CICC. CICC was tasked with running & judging the car show. The exceptions to this were the Mod/GM Awards and 2 Awards which Adams selected.

We had 5 teams of judges (2 per team). It was a 100pt system broken down into 4 - 25pt subcategories (interior, exterior, engine, overall appearance). Interior, Exterior, & Engine were further broken down into 5 - 5pt areas.

I felt as a judge I was pretty firm, with so many awesome cars you have to be. We picked different areas to start out so we all judged different cars. Of course there will be variance between judges, but I heard most scores fell in the 60-70 total points range.

I can only speak for myself, but here is how I judged. If you had a brand new 2013 right off the showroom floor that was spotless - you did not get perfect score (more like 3/5). If your windows were up and I could see in the interior (and it appeared clean), I gave 15/25 for interior. If the windows were up and totally blacked out to where I could not see in, you got 0/25. If the hood was down you got 0/25 for the engine section. The judgement call was made not to judge trunks or penalize them for being closed since it had rained (so people would not have to empty them).

If you car made 1000rwhp, it still got penalized if it was filthy. We understand people travel long distances in the cars and take that into consideration. Believe it or not I rated most of the exteriors pretty high. I found most problems with the interior or engine. It really is subjective and I don't want to get into examples or details. But if someone did not genuinely earn the points I did not give them (just because a car is new or stock).

Please understand we all volunteered to help with the show. This took time away from us that we otherwise could be out racing more or enjoying the fest.

If you want my 100% honest opinion.. This is Camaro5 Fest - there should not be judged car show awards given for 1st-4th Gen. No offense to my fellow CICC members who own those. Very few of those show up and they sometimes win by default. It is clearly a 5th Gen heavy show, and I personally feel there should be a TOPxx as well as numerous specialty awards for 5th Gens only. Adams provides awesome trophies and spends a great deal of money on them. I think most people would be pleased to get a "lesser" quality trophy, say if you could give 20 of them away.

Congrats to all that won - I wish more could have
So you guys weren't judging for numbers matching correctness? Even for the earlier gen cars?
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote