Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #15
VcrusaderV

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Had a diablo tune on my last Camaro through my dealership. They still honored my warranty and had no issues. Some dealers offer these upgrades, I would talk with them.

2010 2SS Camaro (sold)
2010 ZL 427 Camaro (sold)
2012 ZL-1 Camaro (sold)
2018 ZL-1 Camaro
VcrusaderV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VcrusaderV View Post
Had a diablo tune on my last Camaro through my dealership. They still honored my warranty and had no issues. Some dealers offer these upgrades, I would talk with them.
Be careful, a Lot of Dealers want to get in to the Performance Aftermarket but Lack the Skills to do things right.

This goes for both General repair and Performance installations, Choose Wisely.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #17
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
There is no way to hide the fact that the ECM has been flashed more times than GM has on Record, but it is Very Unlikley that the warranty would be voided simply from a tune.

I have tuned over 1400 Gen5 Camaros and Not one time has anyone told me they're warranty was voided.

I provide Remote Custom Tuning Via the SCT hand held tuner and send tune files over email.

I have tuned over 100 ZL-1s to date.

Ted.
There was no hesitation about who would tune my brand new 2SS/RS 1LE with 65miles on it after a buddy and I installed Kooks headers with off road pipes and a Magnuson supercharger.....it would be Ted Jannetty!!! He answered SOOOO many of my questions before I even bought my tune and then held my hand through the whole buying/tuning process (I couldn't download my stock tune because I needed to update my hand held so that was a nightmare in its self ). Well worth the piece of mind when you are talking about a brand new camaro with a brand new engine.

I hope one of these days I can thank Ted face to face and show him I'm not really as dumb as I seem .
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #18
Big C CamaroSS

Forgot to add.....Ted asked me what mods I had/will have and what octane I would be using so my custom tune is a CUSTOM tune for MY camaro!!! No "blanket" tune but a "my camaro" specific tune (that I'm sure he's done to other camaro's with my set up many, many times).
Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
There was no hesitation about who would tune my brand new 2SS/RS 1LE with 65miles on it after a buddy and I installed Kooks headers with off road pipes and a Magnuson supercharger.....it would be Ted Jannetty!!! He answered SOOOO many of my questions before I even bought my tune and then held my hand through the whole buying/tuning process (I couldn't download my stock tune because I needed to update my hand held so that was a nightmare in its self ). Well worth the piece of mind when you are talking about a brand new camaro with a brand new engine.

I hope one of these days I can thank Ted face to face and show him I'm not really as dumb as I seem .
Quote:
Forgot to add.....Ted asked me what mods I had/will have and what octane I would be using so my custom tune is a CUSTOM tune for MY camaro!!! No "blanket" tune but a "my camaro" specific tune (that I'm sure he's done to other camaro's with my set up many, many times).
Thank you sir for the Kind works, I am Happy I could help Complete Your Project.

No such thing as a dumb question, I am happy to answer all of your questions.

Ted.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
Big C CamaroSS

....and this is why anyone who has had a question or problem with their camaro or CTS (or maybe any GM vehicle) would agree when I say Ted J is such an asset to C5!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
....and this is why anyone who has had a question or problem with their camaro or CTS (or maybe any GM vehicle) would agree when I say Ted J is such an asset to C5!

LOL you can Add Ford, Chrysler, Honda Toyota, Yamaha, AMC, or just about any internal combustion engine to the list.

Ted.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #22
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I can put those worries to Rest my Friend.

Ted.
I do need a quote. I'm a service manager for another brand. I know what can happen. This car was a gift for my father. Your post show you are tremendous support to the members here.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCBimmer View Post
I do need a quote. I'm a service manager for another brand. I know what can happen. This car was a gift for my father. Your post show you are tremendous support to the members here.
You can see everything here I can't post prices.

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/g...10-camaro.html

Once I have tuned your car and you decide to do more work, Purchase your parts from JRE and Get Tune UPDATES FREE for those Parts.

Thank you
Ted.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #24
DarinU

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I keep seeing this debate. If you want to tune and have it absolutely undetectable. Purchase a second ECM install it and tune that one. I found a place on the internet and cost was only $300 shipped. The dealer wanted $303 plus a hefty core charge. I have been kicking around what mods to do for months. Even have boxes of parts in the garage, but had a ton of trouble with my Vette and don't want to go down that road again.
DarinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinU View Post
I keep seeing this debate. If you want to tune and have it absolutely undetectable. Purchase a second ECM install it and tune that one. I found a place on the internet and cost was only $300 shipped. The dealer wanted $303 plus a hefty core charge. I have been kicking around what mods to do for months. Even have boxes of parts in the garage, but had a ton of trouble with my Vette and don't want to go down that road again.
Sorry does not work on these cars, each ECM installed must be programmed to communicate with all the other modules on the car.

Been there and so have many people.

Ted.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #26
bigssc
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
TED!! how much for you to send me a tune for my 2013 L99 ss???
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #27
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigssc View Post
TED!! how much for you to send me a tune for my 2013 L99 ss???
It really depends on your Mod list see pricing here, or Call me.

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/g...10-camaro.html
Old 02-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #28
Private0306

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I live in Edinburg, VA and I need a tune for my 2013 ZL1.
C.A.I. , Vmax, Kooks long tube with cats,160° therm. Can anyone help?
Or should I just get a hand tuner?
Private0306 is offline   Reply With Quote