Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
ACS T3 Splitter: Looking for reviews

Im about to pull the trigger on this splitter, just wanted to know from those who own it or know some one who owns it , how they feel it about it. Is it durable? ground clearance? etc etc

any input will be appreciated thanks !
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
2010victoryred

Drives: victory red black stripes 2ss rs
bump ^
2010victoryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
I've put it on my IBM. I had it painted the satin black option. Fitment is good. It appears durable and the design is good.
Installation is easy, and the use of expansion pins to secure it to the fascia works well. It is solid. Overall I am pleased, but clearance is impacted greatly. I am NOT lowered and still have to be extremely careful.

-Dane
Old 06-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8daneh View Post
I've put it on my IBM. I had it painted the satin black option. Fitment is good. It appears durable and the design is good.
Installation is easy, and the use of expansion pins to secure it to the fascia works well. It is solid. Overall I am pleased, but clearance is impacted greatly. I am NOT lowered and still have to be extremely careful.

-Dane
im with you but i don't have it anymore due to an accident
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Old 06-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

My car is lowered 1.4 and feel like its very close to the ground already, I want to know if I am making a mistake by purchasing this splitter. anybody else with the splitter's input will be very much appreciated thank you
Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
My car is lowered 1.4 and feel like its very close to the ground already, I want to know if I am making a mistake by purchasing this splitter. anybody else with the splitter's input will be very much appreciated thank you
I don't have it but I think you will be wasting your money. That is probably one on the lowest splitters I have seen on the Camaro. Your car is already 1.4" lowered and this will probably bring it down another inch or two. I scrape my splitter and its only like half inch lower than stock and my car is lowered 1".

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
don't get it if you r going that low
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I don't have it but I think you will be wasting your money. That is probably one on the lowest splitters I have seen on the Camaro. Your car is already 1.4" lowered and this will probably bring it down another inch or two. I scrape my splitter and its only like half inch lower than stock and my car is lowered 1".

I love the look, but it is too low for my taste (and I am not lowered).
Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

:( I really like/want this splitter ahhhhhhh this blows .. moneys tight right now so to buy this splitter and see it damaged or crack would be a shame... I have the sides of the oem GFX just looking to purchase the front so I can finally install.. Im torn idk what 2 do...I could go with the oem splitter but to purchase seperate from a vendor its close to $550 shipped which is out of the question.. and not too many people have the acs one so I was looking forward to owning it.. o well ... thanks for all the input so far ..

Would still like more feedback if any1 else on here owns or heard about this splitter
Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
Okay, have good and bad news...

Bad: scraped the sh*t out of the splitter last night. I was sooooo pissed!!! Lost my focus for one second coming out a car wash back onto the street....

Good: took some 400 grit sandpaper to it and it cleaned up pretty well. I will proceed with 800 grit then 1000 and repaint. I think it will be fine, but it still makes you want to puke when it happens.

Again, I stand by my earlier post, don't get this one if you are already lowered. I am at stock height with 22's on and this still happened and I am extremely careful.

Good luck.

-Dane
Old 06-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
i would get it acs is a great company and makes great stuff.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I have it and owned it twice. Not because of damage but because I sold my Camaro, then re-bought my Camaro again, lol. So yeah, twice! So that should tell you something.

It definitely adds a complete different look and yes it does lower your car. I've wanted to lower my car as well but I can't due to the lip bringing the car extremely low. ACS makes great products. I ordered mine through GarysCustomz painted Black to match the car. You won't have any regrets on pulling the trigger.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #14
LaSS2Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2 SW and IOM Stripes
I like the T3 with the radiator cooling version. Sounds like a bonus feature. Would like a review on that one.
LaSS2Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote