Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #43
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas90 View Post
On the serious side, I actually do feel the strut tower brace. It really shows very little at lower speeds/ loads. However I do notice on a hard roll in or higher loads/ speeds there is a bit more precision.
It is the initial roll in, at normal rates and speeds that I'm looking for, so pretty much minimal help there.
I Don't think I'm looking for lowering, at least not yet. It is a daily driver when I'm in town, picking up daughters from school/ light duty at places like Home Depot. I tricked out my '78 Trans Am back when it was new, but I'm not looking to go all the way back to my past..... and drag my belly over speed bumps, just hoping to get a bit more precision from the suspension. I have high hopes for the alignment.
If you want it to roll less then go for the sway bars! They'll do more for that then the max brace and for less. These cars can be lowered an inch and not drag a** over anything. it's the plus side of those 20" wheels.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #44
Dallas90

Drives: Victory Red 2013 SS/RS Dual Mode
I'm not necessarily talking roll, I'm talking roll-in (rate)/feel. But the two are related to some degree.
Dallas90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #45
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Well I would still recomend the sways. Have you looked into some bushings upgrades? I haven't done any yet but plan on it because I have heard from a lot of people that it improves the feel/ feedback from the car during cornering and even adresses some on center steering feel. If you spend some time in the suspension sub forum you won't see very many people getting full chassis braces because they just aren't neccasary.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #46
Gordyd

Drives: 2013 2SS RS LS3, 05 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Dont forget to drive like a ass when you have a BMW , then you will fit right in with the rest of them
C'mon man - I drive and enjoy both and don't have dual personality.
Gordyd is offline   Reply With Quote