Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #155
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
I know!, lucky me

I was getting bored with my current wallpaper so decided to mess with a pic I took a while back of my ride. I needed something fresh on here

Once again - fantastic pic !!

How to take a bad@$$ car and make it look even nastier.

Plus, at first glance it looked almost like you had notched the side Gfx for side exhaust. Just the reflection.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #156
2010rod
JAWS

Drives: 2010 2SS Silver Ice Metallic
Just noticed this; congrats Dustin!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #157
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
I know!, lucky me

I was getting bored with my current wallpaper so decided to mess with a pic I took a while back of my ride. I needed something fresh on here

Great pic man!!

what Camera are you using if you don't mind me asking?
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #158
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Once again - fantastic pic !!

How to take a bad@$$ car and make it look even nastier.

Plus, at first glance it looked almost like you had notched the side Gfx for side exhaust. Just the reflection.
Thanks Speedster, I was thinking the same. You know, I think the camaro could work with some side exhausts if done right.

Thanks Rod!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #159
ddavis
boostalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Great pic man!!

what Camera are you using if you don't mind me asking?
I shoot with a Sony A33 now a days. Its lightweight, and takes great shots. Pretty much sony or minolta lenses, they interchange. I have some old minolta gems from the the 1960's I shoot with at times that i converted over to my new dslr. Funny how the glass back then takes better pics then some of my new lenses . I always shoot in RAW format and adjust them a bit in lightroom.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:00 AM   #160
battlekat

Drives: the red dragon
those wheels look great, what's the offset on them?
congrats on cotw btw.
battlekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #161
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Quote:
I shoot with a Sony A33 now a days. Its lightweight, and takes great shots. Pretty much sony or minolta lenses, they interchange. I have some old minolta gems from the the 1960's I shoot with at times that i converted over to my new dslr. Funny how the glass back then takes better pics then some of my new lenses . I always shoot in RAW format and adjust them a bit in lightroom.
I've read good things about that camera. And judging from your pics, everything I've read is true. Awesome pics man. They have style.

BTW I found some old minolta lenses that my father-in-law left behind after he passed away. The camera's there too, but how can I use those lenses with a newer camera?

Last edited by Tx1Lt; 07-13-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Tx1Lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #162
ddavis
boostalicious

thx man. Do you know what lenses they are?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #163
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Quote:
thx man. Do you know what lenses they are?
Here's some pics of one of the telephoto lenses...

Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #164
ddavis
boostalicious

Ok, thats a MD lens. MD/MC need a adapter to work on the new sony dslr lineup. Any A mount lens from minolta will mount up fine though. There is a following of guys over at the Dyxum forum that could prob build you what you need to make it work. Thats how I got my 1.2 58mm rokkor onto my camera. They had to put a chip in the lens for it to benefit from the anti shake and to alert me when the lens has been manually focused correctly. Its hard to focus some of the older lenses, so the chip really helps out in low light.

If your interested in trying to convert it over to a sony dslr i suggest posting over there at dyxum to see what you come up with. Also I have a name of someone that does conversions, I can drop you his email if you think you want to try a conversion. Usually its more trouble then its worth for certain lenses, but for me it was the only way to get a 1.2f since nobody makes a lens that fast anymore for sony. For a 100-200 you have plenty new options that will out perform it, so your money might be better spent on a newer model.

What camera are you shooting with now?