Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let's suspend reality for a moment and ignore all the problems with the idea.

What would you LIKE TO SEE...and how much would you pay for such an option? I believe that was Doug's question.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #30
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
If reality is suspended, then I say FREE Z28's FOR EVERYONE! Be at the plant in September for pick up! Works for me!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
If reality is suspended, then I say FREE Z28's FOR EVERYONE! Be at the plant in September for pick up! Works for me!
You're not getting this game...are you?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #32
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You're not getting this game...are you?
I think I have a VERY creative Imagination
Old 11-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I think I have a VERY creative Imagination
Sure do!!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Let's suspend reality for a moment and ignore all the problems with the idea.

What would you LIKE TO SEE...and how much would you pay for such an option? I believe that was Doug's question.

EXACTLY.
Quote:

alrox...

Rather than look for every possible way to shoot this down, why not try to use all that pessimism, turn it around, and try to find an idea to actually make it work?

It doesn't have to be taking delivery there.....or it could be...maybe you don't get to touch the car. Maybe it's just a documentation process and a tour of the plant. Who knows?

It's called ideas....brainstorming for those who would LIKE to do something like this.

If GM and Oshawa came up with some agreement (as Joe said with more and more plants opening to the public to gain consumer interest), who's to say they won't open their minds a bit??

Again. Try to stop looking for all ways to shoot this down and be try to be a bit helpful....cool?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #35
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
A tour of the plant is very possible. They CAN do it, but so far, they simply won't. Could be insurance, plant setup with whizzing machinery and robots, or whatever menial reason they come up with, but I believe it's the same ol' stodgy GM management that moves at a snail's pace and does not like to deal with "change". Doing something as simple as a plant tour isn't impossible. Logistically speaking, it would take a bit of effort to co-ordinate from within, but staying on a "safe" walking path and ensuring people don't get flattened shouldn't be TOO difficult for a specified day for a couple of hours. I know at our plant we do it for our best volume customers (expenses paid by the company- but I wouldn't expect GM to do that), and I've toured the St. Louis plant and Bowling Green plants with my dad for a more, shall we say, "personalized" tour. They can if they want to. The question is, can we CONVINCE them?

As far as a factory delivery and costs, if they DID do that, I think somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 or so ought to cover it. But the issue is, and hard as it is for some people to accept....Corvette is the flagship of Chevrolet's performance. NOT the Camaro. So GM probably puts on a bit better PR face for Corvette than they do Camaro. I mean, where' the Camaro museum?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #36
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Personally, I would pay to have a "museum pack' of build documents provided in Suitable for Archive Preservation Packaging. Would pay $195 thank you!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:18 AM   #37
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Try to stop looking for all ways to shoot this down and be try to be a bit helpful....cool?
It is not cool. Ignoring reality is not helpful in any situation.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #38
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Oshawa is home to several new "unseen" projects. A sweating manager there said there is too much inside we DON'T want you to see.....just yet....that's why you can't come in.

Not against the OP's suggestion, yes I think it would be cool.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #39
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Oh yes it is. "Reality" is perceived. And it is relative to the person doing the perceiving. To suspend conventional understandings for a brief periods of time is called "imagination"...and it usually leads to some pretty wicked ideas that can be applied to the real world. Ask Galileo, Einstein, Edison, Tesla, or every designer and engineer at GM.

So...it's very cool. If you can't answer the question posed, fine. But don't come in here acting all Debbie-downer and ruin other people's fun.

Name:  why_so_serious_jazz_jalopnik.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  45.0 KB
Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #40
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Is Debbie Downer the same actress who starred in Debbie does Dallas? I never knew what her last name was but it seems "fitting".
Old 11-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #41
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Re-read my original post. I never asked how to shoot down the idea. I asked for ideas to make it happen. I'm asking specific questions which could bring about CHANGE....it's called constant innovation. If all you want to do is dwell on reality and the way things are now, you will never get change and you will be stuck with the same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old same old..........
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Oh yes it is. "Reality" is perceived. And it is relative to the person doing the perceiving. To suspend conventional understandings for a brief periods of time is called "imagination"...and it usually leads to some pretty wicked ideas that can be applied to the real world. Ask Galileo, Einstein, Edison, Tesla, or every designer and engineer at GM.

So...it's very cool. If you can't answer the question posed, fine. But don't come in here acting all Debbie-downer and ruin other people's fun.

Attachment 186048

Exactly.

Thanks, Joe.