Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #99
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
As for me, I like the car! it looks great! And I'm thinking about buying it on white :P. In anycase I want this car to be better then the Mustang even though I'm a big Mustang fan... I want more POWER then 300hp....... And better turning as well....
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #100
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
That picture with reduced camo on the white Camaro isn't bad. A little underwhelming for me due to the bad lighting and bad angle the picture was taken from. But nonetheless, its looking good. But call me crazy, but I don't like this picture nearly as much as I like this picture:

For the simple reason that those two camoed Camaros are definitely V8s and they have the bigger rims and tires on them. The camoed ones next to the Mustang look meaner and more masculine than the white one.
Attached Images

Last edited by rray200; 12-13-2007 at 10:13 AM.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #101
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The white color is somewhat misleading -- further, the black bras on the front and back trick the eye into seeing 'vertical' rather than 'horizontal'
FBodFather,

Is this why some of us keep saying the roof line looks to be taller?

Also, as much as I'd rather not disagree with you (don't want to get black listed from buying my 5th gen), I truly feel that these leaks do help all of us. With the positive reaction being what it is. GM will gain from our fanatical response and we get just a little more nurishment in our camaro starved lives.

Please don't send the suburbans...

I can't wait to....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #102
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I still don't see a bad angle though... I don't think there CAN be a bad angle taken with this car lol
Old 12-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #103
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I guess I should also say that there are many of us who are just DYING to see your reactions when you first see the production Camaro.......

...........so while I'm upset that someone leaked this without permission -- I'm also elated at some of the great comments that I'm reading.......

Keep the faith!!!
Fbodfather, while its upsetting that someone from the inside snapped this shot and leaked it, you have to be happy that this shot and the camo pics help to steal some thunder from the Dodge Challenger.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #104
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Its nice to know that GM is looking at our reaction and hearing what we like and what we are concerned about. Its very reassuring.

And Fbodfather, although I can't speak for everyone, I trust you.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #105
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
FBodFather,

Also, as much as I'd rather not disagree with you (don't want to get black listed from buying my 5th gen), I truly feel that these leaks do help all of us. With the positive reaction being what it is. GM will gain from our fanatical response and we get just a little more nurishment in our camaro starved lives.

Please don't send the suburbans...

I can't wait to....

Don't worry -- I won't blacklist you!

You are correct in that leaks get most of you very excited ...(and I'm LOVING some of the comments.....)

The real problem is that when something leaks that we have no control over, the picture is invariably a bad one..........(think of the Silver leaked photos in December of 2005....) You will recall that the Silver picture was of a 'clown-suited' car -- where each side was styled differently.........we actually had some people say "....Duuuuuuuuuude! I don't want a car where the front bumper doesn't match!!!"...........and thus, as we see with this picture -- some are jumping to conclusions that the car has gotten bigger or fatter or has been made to be much milder........ It's simply a very bad shot!

Soooooo........you're safe from the black Suburbans -- and while I'm upset that someone leaked this particular photo -- I'm elated that so many of you are so pumped!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #106
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Best Quote yet -- from Mtron!

".........OMFG A PIC OF THE CAMARO WITHOUT CAMMO-----i am now bleeding from my nose, eyes and mouth!!..........."

That just made me all 'squishy' inside!!!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #107
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
fbodfather, your post right there just comforted me very much, i have high hopes and i was EXTREMELY let down by that shot. it even had me thinking of other ways to spend my money *cough*G8*cough* but i think ill hold off on being that negative.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #108
bumblebee101
tired of FWD

Drives: 2000 Chevy Impala
Finally! something to keep us going, is the production version officially going to be at Detroit this year? I'm very happy with how this version looks...even if the photo is crappy its good enough for me to see that the concept I fell in love with a few years ago...is still there...and even better... soon to be buyable

Gray
bumblebee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #109
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Oh wow...

I'm a long time lurker, never had the nerve to post here but after fbodfather's posting about the leak... I had to. Excuse my ramblings and then I'll get to the leaked photo....

I was never a muscle car guy, my friends always were and I would just listen when car talk came about. Just living my ordinary life, paying bills and just moving through life slowly. Then the Transformers movie came out and I saw the Golden (yellow) chalice of existence called the Concept Camaro (Bumblebee). I could not stop talking about the car after the movie. Seriously.

Like the Hulk, massive amounts of adrenaline pump through my veins when I read through the posts... everyone else feels the same!... my life has been altered by the new Camaro. I have a black JADA model at my office, I have the poster of it and I see it every morning. People walk by my desk telling me how wicked the car looks and saying, "I didn't know you were into cars?". I always reply... "I wasn't until the new Camaro shot 100,000,000 watts of electricity into my heart."

To be honest, I'd say it's more like 98% of the people love the concept, the women around the office even talk about the camaro cuz of me. The day I pull up to my work's parking lot in one... I just go nuts in anticipation!

As "bad" as the lighting and angle were on this leaked photo, I stared at my computer for like 10 minutes. My co-worker had to punch me to snap me out of it. It's so beautiful. You brought a non-car fan into your circle GM and I thank you now for the enjoyment your car will bring to me for a very long time. I trust you fbodfather but it's just so painful not have the Camaro now.

GC
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #110
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
And I think to myself... What is the first thing I do with my Camaro?

Answer: Take her to the track!

I can't wait to see the offical production shots.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #111
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
The white color is somewhat misleading -- further, the black bras on the front and back trick the eye into seeing 'vertical' rather than 'horizontal'
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
FBodFather,

Respectfully,

I'm guessing you are not inclined to address this...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #112
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Is there a date when the production Camaro will be shown? NAIAS 2008 seems a bit early since it will still be a year away at that point.

From all of the pics it does seem the rear fenders and rocker panels have lost a fair amount of flaring which I really liked on the concept.

I'll be reserving jusdgement until full pics, performance specs and pricing have been announced.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote