Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
DMX

Drives: CrownVic,Suburban,Silverado,F150
Neohydro Turbo Technology 775 HP, 40/32 MPG Corvette

I'm starting to get into investing, and came across a very interesting company. They claim to have a system that greatly increases both the cars power and efficiency. (the stock ticker is NHYT).

There is also a 500 HP, 32/28 MPG Silverado.

They also claim to be working with General Motors so the system includes a 5 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. I don't know how much the system costs, however.

The website is http://www.neohydrotechnology.com, it's pretty interesting, take a look.
DMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
How does it get better mileage in the city than on the highway???!!?!?!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
DMX

I have no idea how it works, but I will shoot them an email letting them know about Camaro5. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest here, if it turns out to be true... Seems like a small startup but with a great product and huge potential.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Having researched the product, this appears to be very similar to the STS remote-mounted setup. This appears to be bundled with a thorough tune oriented more toward reliability than horsepower. Rather than focussing on track performance, the information on this site seems to point toward the idea of tuning for durability instead of the breakneck performance standards most people place on their cars. It is no surprise that such a tune would warrant a long-term warranty. Further evidence to this point is the point made in the FAQ about sound. The sound is not a priority because that does not contribute to the efficient performance of the brand which will only upset those who want everyone to know they have a turbo rather than those who care only about the function. The system is clearly favoring function over form, but even the form contributes the function by placing remote turbos rather than packing all of the heat in one place and adding balance to the car by choosing the rear of the car as the place of choice as opposed to mounting turbos at the front of the car. The science is very sound, supported by a clear explanation that more mass does not mean more air, and more air means more boost. More heat potentially means failure, as the company correctly explains. Finally, the physics explanation concludes by arguing that the alternatives, namely superchargers, will produce great peak numbers but will lack the broader performance benefit of these remote-mounted turbochargers.

In all, Neohydro Technologies has a very good product. I would like to learn more about maintaining my GM warranty and whether this warranty has the same terms as that warranty or what differences might exist between these warranties.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
DMX

I emailed them and received a quick response. They are currently in the process of engineering the system for the Camaro, and have two orders already. They will post the Dyno and Fuel economy results on Camaro5 once they are ready.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX View Post
I emailed them and received a quick response. They are currently in the process of engineering the system for the Camaro, and have two orders already. They will post the Dyno and Fuel economy results on Camaro5 once they are ready.
I look forward to seeing their numbers and participation here on the world's largest Camaro enthusiast site.

I should add that I am only buying parts for my Camaro from Camaro5 members.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Den4176
El Maligno....

Drives: 2ss/rs,'10-E350, E46 328i
interesting subscribed ..........
Den4176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I would like to add that NHT is a Canadian based company, out of Calgary, Alberta!

I actually seen this a few months ago but didn't even think to post it on here!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #9
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Yeah I'll believe this when I see it with my own eyes. Too good to be true.

If anyone had figured out how to make a 500/hp 32/mpg Silverado, don't you think GM would be on it like crackheads to get it to market.. like tomorrow? I'm sure they've already looked into technology like this and weighed the benefits...
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
To answer how a hybrid gets better mpg city:

They get better MPG because of how the hybrid technology works. Being a hybrid, it has 2 motors. The electirc motor is mostly used in the city and the idle of the gas motor recharges it. At low speed, it basically only uses the electric motor to run. But with a corvette and so much power, if you were constantly launching hard I doubt you would get so much fuel economy because the gas motor would kick in to increase the power required for fast acceleration. Plus their system mentions using a turbo which increases power and efficiency.

But a camaro with 40+ mpg would be sweet. But who has that kind of cash to drop after spending 35k+ on a car? I don't even have that...
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder4thgen View Post
Yeah I'll believe this when I see it with my own eyes. Too good to be true.

If anyone had figured out how to make a 500/hp 32/mpg Silverado, don't you think GM would be on it like crackheads to get it to market.. like tomorrow? I'm sure they've already looked into technology like this and weighed the benefits...
They are... well, as much as can be while recovering a company from restructuring. Many fingers and only one head young one...
Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
Kind of sounds like a scam to me...I'll wait for the dyno #s but this just sounds too good to be true.
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
"along with advanced tuning efforts" Right.........
Looks like STS + snake-oil MPG claims .

BTW NHYT is http://www.neohydro.com/ on the nyse
A waste water company !
Old 11-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 View Post
Kind of sounds like a scam to me...I'll wait for the dyno #s but this just sounds too good to be true.

yeah Id have to agree, for the people that understand how engines, and FI work they don't really explain how their system can achieve its claims. Ill be looking for something in black and white from a 3rd party.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote