Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #57
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Inquiring Minds want to know...

I know that there are a lot of specifics that can not be discussed yet but my big question/concern is interior legroom and headroom. We (the vertically enhanced crowd, say 6'-5" and above) have received some feedback from folks that said they had plenty of head room and legroom in the concept... what was the impression of these in the latest generation? Do I need to get the sawsall out or leave it in the tool box? Great information and impressions from the meeting.

Thanks,
Roger
6'-7"
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
The biggest surprise for me this weekend was the V6 car! It totally blew me away! I think people are gonna just flip when they find out the content of this car, and of course, the performance!! A beautifully balanced machine that is simply amazing… this car, in my opinion, will set a new benchmark for entry level cars in this segment. I’m not a V6 person, yet I was truly flabbergasted! GM is gonna sell a whole whack of these cars and that bodes well for the success of this Camaro since as we are all aware that its success is dependent upon the success of the V6. GM has made sure that there are no doubts about achieving this goal!
I've got a question that you might be able to answer...

You, and several others (including Scott) have all said how amazing the V6 cars is. Is the performance flabbergasting just because [you can't believe] it's coming out of a V6? Or is it really that fast?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #59
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHugger View Post

I know that there are a lot of specifics that can not be discussed yet but my big question/concern is interior legroom and headroom. We (the vertically enhanced crowd, say 6'-5" and above) have received some feedback from folks that said they had plenty of head room and legroom in the concept... what was the impression of these in the latest generation? Do I need to get the sawsall out or leave it in the tool box? Great information and impressions from the meeting.

Thanks,
Roger
6'-7"
I offered my left nut, and now you offer to saw off your legs...We are dedicated.
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #60
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
oh my gawd........... im never reading anything in this thread again.... the agony and suspense.... somebody.... please just tell us the real deal, LOL.

Im just kidding though...dont wanna get anyone in trouble... but there is one thing I wanna know... did you guys see the production interior or one close to it.... and what did you guys think of it overall (quality, setup, etc...)???

If Chris or Garfin you could...that would be awesome, if not, its okie too.... i get it.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #61
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Sooner rather than later?

Now the real question is just how soon is soon?
I'm gonna guess mid August, give or take a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
You are just killing me...Surprises for options? AAAAHHHH!
Sounds like the title of a new speculation thread. Time is running out for us to make new guesses on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHugger View Post

Thanks,
Roger
6'-7"
I think we have been told that there will be enough space to acomodate everyone.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #62
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
is that the v6 or 8 in the picture?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #63
ChrisL

Drives: 2000 Firehawk #295
The black/white car is a V8 auto. There were two there for us to drive. We saw a thrid on the grounds. They are early mules (IVER cars) with roughed in interiors. These are the cars we've been seeing spy pics of.

There were 4 production intent cars there for us to see - red, black, silver, and a 4th color we were told not to disclose. Nearly production ready interiors. They have some minor things to tweak still. To give you an idea of the details sweating, one of the items left to address is the feel and action of the radio controls.

The V6 production intent car is the only of those 4 we got to drive.

The fit, finish, materials - all were superb to me.

The tallest in our group is 6'2". He had no issues fitting in and being comfortable.
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #64
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
I offered my left nut, and now you offer to saw off your legs...We are dedicated.

Not quite what I had in mind for the sawsall... Have you asked you wife if she will let you get you nuts back from her to trade with Scott for the inside info? Mine said no...
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #65
warbird81

thanks chris, i know its hard to keep all that information to yourself so if you need someone to talk to, im here for ya buddy . no really,that is cool that the team is that involved in the car. i am happy to say that i own an older camaro that will soon have a little brother:seesaw: my wife tells me that i have a problem because i have been on the site every night looking for more info. it feels good to hear that the people responsible for my obsession are just as obsessed.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #66
warbird81

i was thinking that the car at the ring was the ss or the big dog because the car in the photo dose not have the brembos.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #67
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
The biggest surprise for me this weekend was the V6 car! It totally blew me away! I think people are gonna just flip when they find out the content of this car, and of course, the performance!! A beautifully balanced machine that is simply amazing… this car, in my opinion, will set a new benchmark for entry level cars in this segment. I’m not a V6 person, yet I was truly flabbergasted! GM is gonna sell a whole whack of these cars and that bodes well for the success of this Camaro since as we are all aware that its success is dependent upon the success of the V6. GM has made sure that there are no doubts about achieving this goal!
Now, being a person that drives a 98' SS if the V-6 gets this kind of reaction, there is no way 260hp will do that. And I too believe there will be all 304hp available at launch. If not ,then something is truely wrong with you garfin.
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #68
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
to give you an idea about details --

The folks loved the speedo/tach gages -- they thought we did a great job....but the ones they saw are still not the final products -- we're gonna improve the appearance.............

Details, details............
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #69
warbird81

i think the fourth color is bumble bee buzz buzz as you can tell i love that color
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #70
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
to give you an idea about details --

The folks loved the speedo/tach gages -- they thought we did a great job....but the ones they saw are still not the final products -- we're gonna improve the appearance.............

Details, details............
Amazing! Thanks to all the disciples that have come in here to fill us in and of course Scott and team who have bought us the goods! I'm elated to hear the V6 is as good as you guys are making it out to be, and I have no doubt GM didn't pull a winner on this one as I have driven the SigmaII CTS(which you all know I was blown away by, it's better than a freak'n BMW 3 series!), a literal run-away success.