Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 12-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro SS
I'd be interested in a group buy for the drivers side tank plates. I already have the cipher auto harness bar.

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Sickness91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
how is the cipher...any wiggle?...sturdy? Not sure where you will run but almost all the clubs I have run with want equal restraints on both sides.
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #17
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
how about a group buy on the speedware bar and tank plate?

I hate to admit I would rather pay more for this...$230 seems questionable but I do know a fab guy who could make this for under 500 in an afternoon....and his would be strong since he builds grand am cars.
I could get in on the group buy. I'm in the market for a harness bar as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickness91Z28 View Post
I'd be interested in a group buy for the drivers side tank plates. I already have the cipher auto harness bar.
I'm curious about the cipher bar as well. How sturdy is it?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I dont understand these bars in camaros?!? I had the sparco one in my subaru sti but that had four doors and you could somehow still use the rear seats worst case. In vettes you dont have to worry about it. But in camaros it renders the rear completely useless. Why arent vendors more creative and dont design a plate behind the rear seat cushions so all u have to do is take those off at the track, snap your belts in it and after put seat back and have a useable car?!?! Plus these bars are heavy as all hell with all the mounting hardware.

In all honesty, i took it out in my STi after a while and just got recaro 1pc buckets with the normal 3 point belt, worked awesome and less weight. Bought the hans device that mounts to your body so you didnt need shoulder harnesses. I would recommen this over the harness bar.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
backtotintops

I suspect behind the rear seat cushions is still below shoulder height...at least for me at 6'1". I'm hoping the speedware one can bolt in and out in 10 minutes otherwise I might have it modified to do so. As you know you are dependent on the rigidity of the recaro since you no longer use the bars. I hope it's an via certified race seat. At some clubs here in the north east you might have a problem at tech.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
backtotintops

I forgot this...as per your suggestion do you or anyone know what's behind the top of the rwar seats? I would think there is some metal framing going across? Maybe it could be reinforced. Anybody have Picts if the rear with everything out?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro SS
the Cipher Auto bar is really sturdy, love mine, I just have to buy the tank plates....hard to pull the trigger because they are pretty expensive. Be nice if we could set up a group buy to save a little cash

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Sickness91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #22
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
I forgot this...as per your suggestion do you or anyone know what's behind the top of the rwar seats? I would think there is some metal framing going across? Maybe it could be reinforced. Anybody have Picts if the rear with everything out?
The recaros are FIA cert, no issues at any tech imspections. I am going same route on my 1LE but maybe some sabelts. I am 6'1" too by the way. Also, shoulder harness does not have to be same height as your shoulder, pretty sure it can angle down to about 20degrees I think. I think you should be able to use the child seat anchors too if ur racing seats lowers you some.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123352

Last edited by Mgizzle; 12-08-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #23
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
The recaros are FIA cert, no issues at any tech imspections. I am going same route on my 1LE but maybe some sabelts. I am 6'1" too by the way. Also, shoulder harness does not have to be same height as your shoulder, pretty sure it can angle down to about 20degrees I think. I think you should be able to use the child seat anchors too if ur racing seats lowers you some.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123352
I would not recommend using the child seat anchors, those things aren’t designed for the weight of an adult let alone an impact at track speeds. The important thing to recognize while shopping for restraint system is will hit hold you in place and not compromise your safety at impact speeds of 140-150 mph
Old 12-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #24
backtotintops

looks like it is not strong enought up under the rear window...would need to be strengthened.

and I agree...kid anchors are not designed of for hte load and I think are much too far down.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
I got lucky and found a set of Tank Plates on Ebay used for $100. I don't even have my car yet.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #26
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Gentlemen,

Right or wrong I have been using the Speedware bar for the last year with the Schroth Rally Cross ASM straps and I love them. They keep me in place while at the track and then when not needed I just wrap them around the back of the seat and use the stock three point. No need for the tank plate because they bolt right up to where the stock seat belts attach to for the bottom straps. Gotta love the color too,.

I would love to have a 5 or 6 point but I am not cutting up my seat so this was the best option, at least for this car.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #27
Synner

Drives: cars
Edit: Answered my own question.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
There is a group buy post now in the Sponsors section under Interior for Cipher Auto. Bars, seats and harnesses are available.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing

Last edited by jksynergy; 12-10-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: spelling
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote