Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Xii239

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Rattling front passenger wheel well

Hello! So I have been noticing for a little while that in the morning (or when my car is cold), as soon as I start accelerating I heard a rattling at where seems like the passenger side front wheel well. It sounds like there are a bunch of rocks getting caught up in the wheel well (there obviously isn't), more of like a crackling noise I guess. It is only around at low RPM's, in gears 1-3, when accelerating, and again when cold. By the time I make it down to the main road, about 3/4 of a mile, it stops all together and then I don't hear it again until the car has been sitting a while and I start to accelerate. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xii239 View Post
Hello! So I have been noticing for a little while that in the morning (or when my car is cold), as soon as I start accelerating I heard a rattling at where seems like the passenger side front wheel well. It sounds like there are a bunch of rocks getting caught up in the wheel well (there obviously isn't), more of like a crackling noise I guess. It is only around at low RPM's, in gears 1-3, when accelerating, and again when cold. By the time I make it down to the main road, about 3/4 of a mile, it stops all together and then I don't hear it again until the car has been sitting a while and I start to accelerate. Any ideas? Thanks!
I understand the displeasure when dealing with a concern of this nature. While I realize you're seeking opinions from others, if you feel an official GM diagnosis is necessary, I'd be happy to communicate your sentiments with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your preferred GM dealer. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or if you simply want your experience(s) officially documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
ever get an answer or solution?
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #4
rolopez702
Sancho the Camaro

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT Red Rock Metallic
I'm also having this issue. Did you ever get an answer?
rolopez702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I don't have the same thing but do notice that on a cold start I hear a bit of a rattle in the front, but it only last for a few seconds, gone before I start driving. Sounds like a heat shield vibrating/touching something. Just got my high-flow cats put on and didn't notice the rattling (although only had one cold start since). Perhaps the heat shield around the driver's side down pipe? Could shove some rags in and around it and start the car, see if it goes away (and remove rags before they burn up ).
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:27 PM   #6
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
Most likely the cam phasers not locking up properly.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote