Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
pvp

Drives: Honda Pilot
Story of your camaro

Its been 5yrs since I saw camaro in transformers. Last month, one of my beloved car olds 88 1994 200k mile was totalled...and perfect time for new camaro.

I had actually dream about this car for 2 times..so decided only yellow camaro for garage...

My son is 10 yr old and I will give this on his 16th birthday.

Poor him, he has to wait for 6 more years...until then I am enjoying...My 2ls yellow.

Whats yours?
pvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quite frankly I wanted one the first time I saw the same movie. Turned 50 this year and bought one. Goal is to give it to my granddaughter in 14 years. That is one reason I bought the six. However I am thinking she could wait a few more years and handle the eight. Wait and see, not in any hurry...
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
B@tman

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
I had a 350z and thought that it was supposed to be a great handling sports car, looked at nurburing results and noticed that chevy upped the ante considerably. From that moment on I wanted an LS3 powered Camaro...also it rhymes with my last name.

Giving it to my son in 6 years...or so he claims...
B@tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
pvp

My plan is rim, lights and loud muffler for his surprise gift on 16th...

I just turned 38 but I wanted this car when I was 33...

Too bad friends saying that I am going through mid life crisis.

But that is not true..since I owned motorcycle since I was 27.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Todd45thAnniversaryV6

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
Went out shopping in early 2000 for a used '93 RX-7 after my '83 RX-7 got too dilapidated to maintain. Couldn't get financed, so I went to the Chevy dealer out of curiosity since a couple of my H.S. buddies had had Camaros. Didn't think I could get financed on a new car because the banks turned me down for the used one due to insufficient credit. Ended up buying a black 2000 model, base V6. Fell in LOVE with that car and drove it for 12 years and 135K miles before it developed a head gasket leak that would have been to expensive to justify fixing. So, sadly, I had to sell her. I had been building my dream Camaro on the Chevy website at least 2 or 3 times a month since 2010 and when I saw the 45th anniversary package, I knew I had to have one. Finally pulled the trigger last month and am, once again, in love.
Todd45thAnniversaryV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
ss409cid

Drives: 2011 SS RS Convertible
I didnt much care for the first Camaro I saw, an airport rental car. But the first Vert I saw with the top down, I knew it was just a matter of time before I owned one.....
Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
pvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd45thAnniversaryV6 View Post
Went out shopping in early 2000 for a used '93 RX-7 after my '83 RX-7 got too dilapidated to maintain. Couldn't get financed, so I went to the Chevy dealer out of curiosity since a couple of my H.S. buddies had had Camaros. Didn't think I could get financed on a new car because the banks turned me down for the used one due to insufficient credit. Ended up buying a black 2000 model, base V6. Fell in LOVE with that car and drove it for 12 years and 135K miles before it developed a head gasket leak that would have been to expensive to justify fixing. So, sadly, I had to sell her. I had been building my dream Camaro on the Chevy website at least 2 or 3 times a month since 2010 and when I saw the 45th anniversary package, I knew I had to have one. Finally pulled the trigger last month and am, once again, in love.

Dream car...my nick name for camaro is dream cab (taxi).
Old 05-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
concrete jungle
Hitman

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I got real sick 2 yrs ago with Lymes Disease and lost my 2002 Z06 and everything I owned to the bank. Last Christmas I walked across the street to meet my new neighbor, we hit it off and I never left. We are now engaged. She bought me a 2012 SS for Valentines day.

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .
https://www.facebook.com/tonyrowe1966

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...
concrete jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
plan-b
No Compromise

Drives: '04 996 C4S, '11 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jungle View Post
I got real sick 2 yrs ago with Lymes Disease and lost my 2002 Z06 and everything I owned to the bank. Last Christmas I walked across the street to meet my new neighbor, we hit it off and I never left. We are now engaged. She bought me a 2012 SS for Valentines day.
I dare anyone to try and beat this story. Congrats!
plan-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
I saw the concept car, I went gaga over it being as I was a fifteen-year old at the time (I'm 21 now). I went though high school with the dream of buying one one day. I saw Transformers 2 with my girlfriend, and that really put me over the edge. Fast-forward to last year, my dad bought an Equinox and I received his 2005 Monte Carlo as a hand me down, it was nice, but it was never "my car." I've been working some internships, stacking my money in the meantime...I kept checking auto-trader for that elusive 2SS/RS for under $30k, which I couldn't afford at the time anyway.

This January, I test drove a V6 Camaro and a V6 Mustang. I really wanted a used SS, but my parents shot down the idea of buying used, and buying a V8. Their house, their rules I suppose. One day a $1,000 private offer popped up on the Chevy website, and less than a week later I stacked that with my Dad's GM earnings that were topped off at $3,000 and walked away with my 2LS for $21,000.

Now I've been in school, haven't been home, and my heart longs to be back with it.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
JLS3rd

Drives: 2012 BLACK SS
My story started 40yrs ago but in that time I've had two FUN cars (72 Corvette & Trans Am GTA) Now near Retirement FUN car #3 . 2012 Black SS and after three weeks still less than a hundred miles. I just like looking at it!!!!
JLS3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Been a Ford guy all my life. My Dad had a '66 Mustang. I gotta say the transformation scene in Transformers was crazy great. This is the first time I am actually driving what was a prototype car without the accountants in the company messing with it.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
TGG1SS

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro 1SS M6 LS3
I first saw a Camaro SS back in 1978 which was a gold SS 396 Big Block, it belonged to a guy I went to high school with, he brought it to the auto shop and we all just stared at the car for around 30 minutes.

I too was a Mustang guy, my first car was 1967 Mustang with a 289cid engine, and a top loader 4-speed. My dad and I owned the car as it became a project car which built piece by piece, anyway, on to the Camaro story:

I first saw the 5th Generation Camaro in a magazine a friend of mine at work was reading, I saw this and new that I would eventually try and get one of these, I was able to get a 2010 SS A6, I drove this as a daily driver for around 3 years and then traded it in for a 2012 SS M6 just two weeks ago, and that's my Camaro story.
TGG1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
My story is a bit different...

Always been a Ford guy my whole life....owned nothing but Mustangs mostly.

After modding my 2003 Cobra out completely, things just kept going wrong. I initially wanted to move to a C5 Z06, but price and condition of the ones I found didn't make it happen. And Ford wanted way too much for the Mustang GTs, which I don't much care for the rear end of anyway.

So, since I work for a GM dealer, I decided to see what kind of bargain could be had on a GM product. Bear in mind, I've been through 8 cars in the past two years.

Went to check into the Camaro and of course figured I would go V8. However, once I saw the prices there was just no justifying the expense. So, I went V6 1LT with RS package.

My relationship with this car has been....awkward. Firstly, moving from 650 HP to anything makes it seem slow. Secondly, I have never been a GM guy and still consider myself a staunch Ford fan....so it feels very wrong to drive my Camaro.

My take on the car is it's ok, but I miss my Cobra and wish it hadn't kept going wrong all the time. But you could DEFINITELY do worse than the Camaro.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote