Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
BLKRS2011
1LT RS 2011 BLACK

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
I just ordered my kit from Apex. How many jack stands will I need to get the wheel off, is two sufficient?
BLKRS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
I actually think one did me good, just take your time......Thx
Solo Mach XL CatBack w/ J Pipe - Texas Speed LT Headers - 3M Nano-Carbon Polyester Tint 20% - 3M Crystalline 90% Tint on Windshield - Azentek Smart Mirror w/Back up Camera - CAI Intake - ADM Scoop - APEX Washer Tank Kit - PowderPro Ported & Polished TB
ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
ok what about installing it in a zl1 bumper, same concept? and i wondered would it matter if i had the mpd1 hood?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRS2011 View Post
I just ordered my kit from Apex. How many jack stands will I need to get the wheel off, is two sufficient?
Thank you for your order. Two will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
ok what about installing it in a zl1 bumper, same concept? and i wondered would it matter if i had the mpd1 hood?
We have not done one on a ZL1 so I can not say for sure one way or another. The hood with have no impact.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #19
Aldrich Z06

Drives: 02 z06,10 2SS/RS, 04 Duramax,11 335
I installed the ADM scoop on my wife car this afternoon alone with the Heritage grill that I have had for a while. No problem with the install but found a bolt head twister off on one of the two bottom bolts that is under the front. They must have did at the dealership installing the spoiler with the ground effects. It was cross threaded so I just used vice grips to get out the rest of the bolt and tapped it out. Name:  Air Scoop.JPG
Views: 8081
Size:  148.8 KB
69 Camaro
10 2SS/RS Camaro
Aldrich Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
maxx210

Drives: EVERYTHING BLACK 1SS/RS
Do I need to remove the wheel well plastic stuff? If so, how do I go about removing the rounded little fasteners? The screws come out easy enough, but I have no clue about the fasteners.
maxx210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx210 View Post
Do I need to remove the wheel well plastic stuff? If so, how do I go about removing the rounded little fasteners? The screws come out easy enough, but I have no clue about the fasteners.
They are similar to the retainer below. All you have to do is use a flat tip screw driver to pry the center pic up. When you do that it releases the tension on the outer section and it pulls right out.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
Monster_SS

Drives: 2012 Convertible SS, Rally Yellow
I recently purchased the Apex Motorsports Cold Air Intake Scoop and Washer Bottle Relocation Kit from Chase at Apex Motorports. I have to say that both products are superior in quality and setup. The scoop is made stronger and better than ADM's and provides a sizeable increase in air quantity being routed to my Cold Air Inductions intake, which is Amazing as well. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a complete American Racing Headers 3" system, 1 7/8" longtube headers all the way back to the 4" stainless tips. I can't thank Chase and his team enough for their top notch customer service and products.
Monster_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_SS View Post
I recently purchased the Apex Motorsports Cold Air Intake Scoop and Washer Bottle Relocation Kit from Chase at Apex Motorports. I have to say that both products are superior in quality and setup. The scoop is made stronger and better than ADM's and provides a sizeable increase in air quantity being routed to my Cold Air Inductions intake, which is Amazing as well. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a complete American Racing Headers 3" system, 1 7/8" longtube headers all the way back to the 4" stainless tips. I can't thank Chase and his team enough for their top notch customer service and products.
Thank you so much for your order and your feedback. We sincerely appreciate both.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #24
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The Scoop does not work with the ZL1 front bumper. You'd have to hack up the scoop in order to get it to work.

There is a scoop out there that will work the ZL1 front bumper. The Roto-Fab Big Gulp air intake/brake duct.

Now that I have done my ZL1 front bumper conversion, this is what I'll have to get to replace the scoop/washer bottle I bought from Apex Chase.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Installed a VMAX Ported Throttle Body and CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake from Apex today. Took me about an hour total to do both. Very easy and straight forward installation on both. Working great. Was pressed for time today, so installing the Apex scoop and WW relocation kit on Friday when I have a little more time available.
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
Installed a VMAX Ported Throttle Body and CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake from Apex today. Took me about an hour total to do both. Very easy and straight forward installation on both. Working great. Was pressed for time today, so installing the Apex scoop and WW relocation kit on Friday when I have a little more time available.
Look forward to reading your thoughts after you get the scoop installed.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Installed Scoop and WW Relocation Kit today. Everything seems to be working great. For the Scoop Install, I had to cut farther to the right than the instructions seems to indicate. The instruction said to cut right at the end of where the horizontal fins are. Having done that, it looked like I was about 2 inches short of being able to actually fit the scoop in place. Don't know if this is an adjustment due to the 2013 layout or LFX or if it was just an oddity, but once I took out the additional 2 inches, the scoop fit perfectly with the remaining front plastic shroud tight against it on both sides. I also looked at it from the front and it looks just like other pictures I have seen. Anyway, took my time, so it took me about an hour and a half to get the whole thing done from start to finish. Will post pictures in my mod diary. Took the car for a quick drive. Most noticeable difference seems to be in the mid ranges. You really notice the difference if you step on the gas at around 45 mph.

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6

Last edited by scoticus.rex; 10-27-2013 at 10:12 AM.
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #28
GhostSS10

Drives: 2011 2ss cyber grey
Apex Scoop

Would this scoop work with the Fast Lane Pipeline intake. I have it on its way and was wondering if this would do me any good since the pipeline is already sitting outside the engine compartment behind the fog light i would imagine.
GhostSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote