Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Various Spring Mfg- Major Difference?

Hey there! looking at getting some springs to drop the car just alittle. while there are quite a few available my question(s) are: does it really matter which mfg you go with?

Granted you may have a particular one for whatever reason but I was just wondering if there is more of a performance upgrade.
I have come to find out, that paying more isnt always better.

ask my ex-wife.

thanks in advance guys.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
My first question for you, after seeing your signature, is why springs? Why not coilovers?

As to your question.... wound cold steel is wound cold steel, to borrow a line I heard from someone very knowledgeable on the subject. However, customer service goes a loooooong way. To that end I would choose a company with great customer service, knowledgeable and helpful in upgrading once you realize you really wanted the coilovers in the first place.

Give JDP motorsports a call because they sell multiple brands and can help you make an informed decision.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Thanks for the support TBone!

Some springs are simply a better match to the stock struts. Others will cause a rough/harsh/bouncy ride and will prematurely wear out the struts. Hotchkis springs are probably the best riding springs out there and come at a fairly inexpensive price. They are an excellent match for the stock dampers as well. Pfadt and Pedders also make great springs, but for the price, the Hotchkis springs really can't be beat.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
thanks tbone and tyler for the response. since the pfadt are on backorder and i dont mind spending alittle more for something better.

as to why not coilovers, not into tracking the car. would love to but i know once i go down that road i will be obligated to sell the kids. (looking for offers in the meantime!)

i wanted a SS and when the 1le was available and the zl1 was alittle more overall, decided on the 1le. Now the c7 vette is sweet looking!

thanks again and any questions i will be sure to ask!

oh and yea, JDP has my order. Now its just a waiting game!

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
thanks tbone and tyler for the response. since the pfadt are on backorder and i dont mind spending alittle more for something better.

as to why not coilovers, not into tracking the car. would love to but i know once i go down that road i will be obligated to sell the kids. (looking for offers in the meantime!)

i wanted a SS and when the 1le was available and the zl1 was alittle more overall, decided on the 1le. Now the c7 vette is sweet looking!

thanks again and any questions i will be sure to ask!

oh and yea, JDP has my order. Now its just a waiting game!
C7!

Sounds good. shoot me a PM or give me a call whenever you are ready and we'll hook you up!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote