Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #1
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Hero Headlights

Hi Camaro5 family... just reaching out to you guys to see if any of you have ever had any experience with the HERO Headlights for Non-RS Camaro's?

These are very reasonably priced at Phastekperformance.com... but pictures of them actually installed are slim to none... in fact, none.

Has anyone installed these before and if so, can you please post a picture or your ride with them on?

I'm getting my ZL1 front end soon and I might as well do the lights as well while the fascia is off.

Here's where I'm ordering from. Apparently, they use the stock non-RS H9 bulbs... meaning, I'll be able to use my HID kit with them I believe since its got the same socket... and the halo just wires into the headlight circuit from what I'm reading... pretty easy.

Thanks for any feedback!

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...-headlight.htm

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
graf101
Trouble_SM

Drives: 17' Summit White ZL1
Subscribed.
graf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #3
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
So these can replace standard headlights on an LS V6?
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Non-RS lights... or standard lights, yes.

I pulled the trigger on a set... I'll let you guys know how they look once installed.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
Mechman108

Drives: '12 Camaro LS M6, '16 Lexus IS200T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Non-RS lights... or standard lights, yes.

I pulled the trigger on a set... I'll let you guys know how they look once installed.
I have been wanting these for a while now. Please let me know how it goes. If you don't mind, please take some installation pictures/directions. Thanks.
Mechman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Will do. I know replacing headlights involves removing the front fascia, then its just bolts that hold it in place, and then there's the wiring for the bulbs.

But I'll get some pictures for you guys... sure.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #7
MyIceMetalicCammy187
Cammy187

Drives: 2LT non Package, automatic V6
Yes, finally a forum about headlights...i wanna change out my origin Headlights also. But really want to put the Camaro RS package headlights onto my non-RS Camaro. They told me at the chevy dealer its $4,000 just for the lights. No labor, harness, or wiring charge yet. :-O
MyIceMetalicCammy187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
HyperV117

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Gonna keep an eye on this. Price isn't too bad. Hopefully quality is good.
HyperV117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #9
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Have y'all read the reviews on these? They seem to have their fair share of negative feedback. Apparently they are frequently shipping out faulty bulbs...

http://www.phastekperformance.com/Re...IGHT&Reviews=Y

Some examples:

"I have had these for about two months now, and one of the hid bulbs is dysfunctional. How can I order or recieve a new one"

"My right healight bulb dead week ago. Mechanic said that the bulb's connection was melted..."

"One of the Halos was defective, flickering at idle, and dimmer in general than the other."

Too bad because I'm really interested in these. But I know people are more likely to post reviews when they're dissatisfied...
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #10
Spec
Account Suspended

Yep, it seems to be a mixed bag... I am giving them a chance, though, despite the reviews. Reviews - when the lights are working - seem to say they look good.

I guess I'll find out.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #11
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Hi Camaro5 family... just reaching out to you guys to see if any of you have ever had any experience with the HERO Headlights for Non-RS Camaro's?

These are very reasonably priced at Phastekperformance.com... but pictures of them actually installed are slim to none... in fact, none.

Has anyone installed these before and if so, can you please post a picture or your ride with them on?

I'm getting my ZL1 front end soon and I might as well do the lights as well while the fascia is off.

Here's where I'm ordering from. Apparently, they use the stock non-RS H9 bulbs... meaning, I'll be able to use my HID kit with them I believe since its got the same socket... and the halo just wires into the headlight circuit from what I'm reading... pretty easy.

Thanks for any feedback!
Install is pretty easy, remove front bumper, remove headlights, install new headlights, wire halo, and then reinstall bumper. I know it sounds easier then it might be but really not that hard. I have installed many of these headlights and no issues out of them, install pretty easy. I dont have pictures of what is needed but I can walk you through it if needed.

The headlights do use an H9 bulb on the projector side but the H13 connector is on the outside of the headlight so it will plug into the factory harness. The halo wires to the side markers or any other power and ground that you might want. I have wired them to a switch and the side markers, both have worked out pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotfighter View Post
So these can replace standard headlights on an LS V6?
Yes, these headlights will replace the factory headlight on the Non-RS cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotfighter View Post
Have y'all read the reviews on these? They seem to have their fair share of negative feedback. Apparently they are frequently shipping out faulty bulbs...

Some examples:

"I have had these for about two months now, and one of the hid bulbs is dysfunctional. How can I order or recieve a new one"

"My right healight bulb dead week ago. Mechanic said that the bulb's connection was melted..."

"One of the Halos was defective, flickering at idle, and dimmer in general than the other."

Too bad because I'm really interested in these. But I know people are more likely to post reviews when they're dissatisfied...
The first statement: The customer was taken care of, we actually sent him a replacement bulb no charge. It was a halogen bulb not an HID as he stated though.

The second statement: That customer had his shop modify his harness, I dont know why or what might have happened before hand. He was send the warranty information but has yet to be in contact with us.

The third statement: We sent that customer a return label to get the headlight back for repair. Repair was made and shipped back to him.

We will take care of any issue that comes up. There are some things that will void the warranty for the headlights, like an HID kit ( << OP just an FYI).

I am more then willing to help anyone that might need it. Dont hesitate to PM me or give us a call.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 12-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #12
Mechman108

Drives: '12 Camaro LS M6, '16 Lexus IS200T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
Install is pretty easy, remove front bumper, remove headlights, install new headlights, wire halo, and then reinstall bumper. I know it sounds easier then it might be but really not that hard. I have installed many of these headlights and no issues out of them, install pretty easy. I dont have pictures of what is needed but I can walk you through it if needed.

The headlights do use an H9 bulb on the projector side but the H13 connector is on the outside of the headlight so it will plug into the factory harness. The halo wires to the side markers or any other power and ground that you might want. I have wired them to a switch and the side markers, both have worked out pretty well.

Yes, these headlights will replace the factory headlight on the Non-RS cars.

The first statement: The customer was taken care of, we actually sent him a replacement bulb no charge. It was a halogen bulb not an HID as he stated though.

The second statement: That customer had his shop modify his harness, I dont know why or what might have happened before hand. He was send the warranty information but has yet to be in contact with us.

The third statement: We sent that customer a return label to get the headlight back for repair. Repair was made and shipped back to him.

We will take care of any issue that comes up. There are some things that will void the warranty for the headlights, like an HID kit ( << OP just an FYI).

I am more then willing to help anyone that might need it. Dont hesitate to PM me or give us a call.

Thank you,
Ricardo
For some of us, our car is our daily driver. I understand that in order to get a replacement if defective, we will need to send back the "defective" one first and wait for a replacement?

This is what I was told and the ONLY reason I haven't made the purchase yet. I wish there were more feedback about these headlights so one feels comfortable making the purchase.
Mechman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #13
Venomous

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman108 View Post
For some of us, our car is our daily driver. I understand that in order to get a replacement if defective, we will need to send back the "defective" one first and wait for a replacement?

This is what I was told and the ONLY reason I haven't made the purchase yet. I wish there were more feedback about these headlights so one feels comfortable making the purchase.
I think Phastek chiming in saying they are here to help would be comforting enough. Plus if you had to send it back you would still have your oem headlights right?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #14
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman108 View Post

We completely understand about the daily driven cars. It is a hassle to deal with, we dont like it any more then anyone that has to go through it.

As I type this message my wife's Jeep is at the dealer getting warranty work done. With 2 kids, a 2 year old and 7 month old, it is hard to get the daily chore done with 1 car and 2 working parents. So trust me when I say I understand.

I like to explain warranty this way. If your car was to break down under warranty GM will not get you a new car right away, they will have to make the repair then they can give it back to you. Typically you are looking at about 3 business days for warranty work. I understand that you might be able to get a rental car but that still does not change the fact that you are having to hassle with the daily struggle of being with out your car.

Thank you,
Ricardo